• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 TGS News Thread [New Details, One Disc On 360]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheska

I wish we didn't see some of the things shown in the trailer :( I feel like too much was reveled.

Also, I'm starting to doubt the tastes of those who are saying Hope looks cute. Hella gross :/ Don't forget he was a whiny little pansy last time.

Ellis Kim

Banned
george_us said:
I don't even count XI and XIV and XIII was an abomination Satan himself would not bestow upon this world. XII was the FF game (and arguably the best game) SE put out in years.
You're an utter fool to dismiss XI yet praise XII in the same breath.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
rataven said:
*high-five* I'm a sucker for a guy in spectacles. DLC please?

Oh, people with a glasses-fetish...

Me too. Although Hope is still rather young for my taste! Give me some Citan Uzuki please.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Cheska said:
I wish we didn't see some of the things shown in the trailer :( I feel like too much was reveled.

Also, I'm starting to doubt the tastes of those who are saying Hope looks cute. Hella gross :/ Don't forget he was a whiny little pansy last time.
Aww, come on, Cheska. Hope wasn't a whiny pansy in XIII, you should give him more credit than that. I think Hope was handled quite tastefully and voiced very well in XIII's english dub.

Zoe said:
Not by the end of the game.
this.

Zoe

Cheska said:

Not by the end of the game.

Aeana

Cheska said:

Agreed. I saw "Hope is hot" and I had to do a triple take.

rataven

Cheska said:
I thought Hope was pretty awesome by the end of the game. He has huge potential to be a strong leader, after all he went through and learned from Lightning.

But now, I'm really wondering how they're going to work Sazh into this story. Can't imagine he's been hanging around with these jokers since the end of XIII. He better be in this.

dramatis

Site's getting hammered, and Youtubes are killed on arrival. You'll have to wait a bit until things calm down or it's uploaded somewhere else.

Cheska

Ellis Kim said:
Aww, come on, Cheska. Hope wasn't a whiny pansy in XIII, you should give him more credit than that. I think Hope was handled quite tastefully and voiced very well in XIII's english dub.

this.

I still don't find him the least bit appealing. In fact, he kind of creeps me out. I will agree that he was voiced well though.

It's a shame about Snow's redesign, but at least I'll find peace knowing he'll likely be voiced by Troy again.

rataven said:
I thought Hope was pretty awesome by the end of the game. He has huge potential to be a strong leader, after all he went through and learned from Lightning.

But now, I'm really wondering how they're going to work Szah into this story. Can't imagine he's been hanging around with these jokers since the end of XIII. He better be in this.
Same, I had no problems with Hope whatsoever - was a fairly run of the mill coming of age story and he redeems himself in the end. I feel he changed the most throughout the game, and I'm a sucker for character progression.

Aeana

Cheska said:
I still don't find him the least bit appealing. In fact, he kind of creeps me out. I will agree that he was voiced well though.

It's a shame about Snow's redesign, but at least I'll find peace knowing he'll likely be voiced by Troy again.
Troyyyyyy
*__*

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Cheska said:
Hey. I have good taste in men... At least I hope I do. :(

By the end of the game, Hope wasn't really a pansy
especially when he tried to kill Snow
. His development handled pretty well, better than a lot of the characters in FFXIII. I didn't really loathe him like a lot of people did. He and Sazh were my favourites, personally (Sazh moreso).

Lissar said:
Me too. Although Hope is still rather young for my taste!
Haha, yeah...
I go for older guys, myself...

I really liked XIII (lol), so I'm looking forward to this!

Don't like the new dude though, just looks even more generic KH-type design than usual (yea I know you could prolly say that about a lot of them, he bugs me more for some reason).

Still excited, the game will actually come out as well so thats a bonus.

<3 Lightning.

Ellis Kim

Banned
george_us said:
I don't count those because they're MMOs. Last time I checked XII wasn't a MMO.
Then maybe you should have clarified your sentence a bit more with some punctuation :|
MechaX said:
Holy shit, this just dawned on me.

Snow looks like Xemnas.
.....uahahahahahaha.

Don't tell TheChillyAcademic.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Sahz was a realistic character that felt natural and dimensional.

Hope's developed almost exactly like he did in FFXII (when he had a different name and social status), but this time stretched for 2/3s of the story (with lots of filler in between), and with the "extra" of turning into a motivational speech generator machine every time he opened his mouth later on (search in google for motivational speeches to have a grasp of Hope's late-game personality).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
cdxw.jpg

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Ellis Kim said:
Then maybe you should have clarified your sentence a bit more with some punctuation :|
.....uahahahahahaha.

Don't tell TheChillyAcademic.
Great, now we have an old pedo that goes after lolis, great....

Big One

Banned
I guess Team Nora didn't get timeskip redesigns cause they look ridiculous enough to be in this game.

Hope's design is an improvement.

Snow's is regression.

Not much to say really.

jackdoe

Grivenger said:
Sahz was a realistic character that felt natural and dimensional.

Hope's developed almost exactly like he did in FFXII (when he had a different name and social status), but this time stretched for 2/3s of the story (with lots of filler in between), and with the "extra" of turning into a motivational speech generator machine every time he opened his mouth later on (search in google for motivational speeches to have a grasp of Hope's late-game personality).
That doesn't change the fact that Hope was the second best character in the game.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
jackdoe said:
That doesn't change the fact that Hope was the second best character in the game.
Hope was freaking baller. I don't know why people hated on him so much. Part of the whining and such makes the character that much better when you look at him in retrospect.

Elginer

Hope looks badass now and Snow looks... like a lion. WTF is with that hair. And now he really does look like an old dude trying to mack it to a young girl lol.

Zafir

Holy shit! Did I just walk into an alternate dimension? Hope actually looks normal, and Snow looks absolutely ridiculous?

I will thank Square though. That Snow picture gave me the best laugh I've had all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom