• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

I think if we make enough noise at the very least they can change the next ones.

Because I can totally see them coming up and saying "oh, we're putting 720 only because of the cutscenes".

Although there's no excuse for the framerate, I really hope they fix that. It doesn't bother me, but it's a flaw nonetheless.

still haven't finished downlaoding the game, ridiculous. i'm supposed to have 100 down/20 up yet I'm only getting 300-500K speeds. you suck time warner.

Try changing the download server on steam, it helped me before (although it just went from full crap to less crappy speed).

Raitningz

Thanks. The Japanese audio is... not that great. Debating just going back to English.

I'm greatly missing English VA Lightning, there's something Sakamoto lacks... I can't feel the hurt or guilt in her voice, just a strong voice.
And I can't choose because Asia doesn't get dual audio ._.

looks like the shitty port hurt them. FFXIII drop off like a rock from the sale chart. It just launch and i can't even find it on the list.

I think the sales ranking is glitched.
The game just disappeared from the whole thing, even if you search it... I doubt FF3 is selling better at the moment.

Raitningz

I think the sales ranking is glitched.
The game just disappeared from the whole thing, even if you search it... I doubt FF3 is selling better at the moment.

Cdnt2GT.png

Looks fine to me..

Miletius

I'm greatly missing English VA Lightning, there's something Sakamoto lacks... I can't feel the hurt or guilt in her voice, just a strong voice.

This is my first time playing but I def agree there is something lacking in the Japanese voices. Maybe it gets better later but from where I'm at the voices are somewhat off, emotionally.

Raitningz

It's not visible at all in both EU and AUS regions.
Someone should tweet Squeenix about it, sure as hell not being featured on main Steam page is costing them sales.

Would it be possible they took it down(temporarily) for damage control? The 720 and negative reviews are quite the buzz now.

Skilletor

This port deserves to tank. It shouldn't be featured on the front page of anything.

I hope it fell off because people got wind of how a job they've done.

HeelPower

I think there's some kind of bug, Durante mentioned it.
I'm myself gonna wait for a more stable release of Durante's work.

Don't know if you're aware, but XIII ran at 20-30fps on PS3.

Damn, sorry. The only other thing I've seen people do is turning on the Prefer maximum performance option for Power management mode in the Nvidia control panel but it doesn't seem to work for everyone.

I fixed my performance issues.Went from 20 fps to inconsistent 60 fps.

I suggest customizing the settings specifically for FFXIII on the control panel

Id16KYd.png

jdNu68F.png

Laptop screen probably hides imperfections too.Game looks better than many PS4/XB1 games except for low poly fingers lol

godofwar424

Neo Member
I am not even able to play this damn game as it apparently doesn't work with the Xbox One controller which seems ridiculous to me.

I don't want to use my DS3 with a wrapper, I hate using DS3 especially since the Xbox One controller drivers were released..

Any solutions to this issue? Am I the only one with this issue of the Xbox One controller not being recognised by the game?

serahsass

Neo Member
This might have been mentioned already but I'm downsampling in 4K and I'm trying to take 4K screenshots. It seems completely random if it actually takes a screenshot in 4K. More often than not it takes it in 1080 and sometimes lower.

I fixed my performance issues.Went from 20 fps to inconsistent 60 fps.

I suggest customizing the settings specifically for FFXIII on the control panel

Id16KYd.png

jdNu68F.png

Laptop screen probably hides imperfections too.Game looks better than many PS4/XB1 games except for low poly fingers lol

Having AA on in your Nivida GPU causes this eyeliner glitch with everyone if you are using the mod.

Knurek

God damn it, why is Masashi Hamauzu always doing music for Squeenix games that get universally panned. Guys is a genius, on par with Sakimoto and Koshiro, yet he's known mostly for things like Unlimited Saga, Sigma Harmonics, Musashi - Samurai Legend or Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon.

Loved his work on FFX, and I love love love his work on FFXIII.
Pity he couldn't co-compose FFXII with Sakimoto. :\

//EDIT: Anyone who's saying the game looks like crap needs to check The Durante's Returns thread and/or have their eyesight checked.

No 100% sure but I recall something about top sales in steam is regarding pre-orders and post launch sales as two different entries.. So once the game is released it goes away from the top list.

Gvaz

Banned

See that's so stupid. Just because someone is in the asian section of the world, I don't see why they force you into a specific version

This also applies to region locking.

Whogie

I am not even able to play this damn game as it apparently doesn't work with the Xbox One controller which seems ridiculous to me.

I don't want to use my DS3 with a wrapper, I hate using DS3 especially since the Xbox One controller drivers were released..

Any solutions to this issue? Am I the only one with this issue of the Xbox One controller not being recognised by the game?
For what it's worth, the Xbox One controller has been working for me without any additional work. It should be supported.

Welp, say goodbye to future Final Fantasies on PC, then.

You don't get it, it's just a bug good sir :p
As I said, it disappeared since it's release. Not dropped, disappeared. And when you type Final Fantasy in the sale research... it's not even here. And I doubt it sold worse than FF3 today haha :p

Grief.exe

Do you have anything else plugged in? Post a picture of your devices and printers section of your Control Panel.

I had to delete my wireless profile for my DS4 and plug it in for the game to recognize it.

Faabulous

Nah. It's so effortless to push these thing on PC on this state (since they are porting for the cloud thingie anyway) that it probably paid for itself on pre-orders alone.

So, I decided to try my gamepad and the default bindings are all bananas, and apparently xbox360ce doesn't work with this. Anyone with the same issue?

HeelPower

Not feeling the Japanese voices, only one I really like so far is snow's.His voice makes him far more likeable that way.

It could be that I'm just not used to it, but I find the english performances to be far more varied and textured than the JP ones.

People just like to rag on this game,but really they did a pretty excellent job with the english VA of this game except for a few fumbles here and there,which are forgivable given the volume of the game.

Maybe the JP voices will grow on me as I get more used to them ,but they are by no means instantly superior.Sazh,light and hope are better in English.

artsi

Wut. How?

I'm a dirty (single player) cheater, haha.

Like I've told others before in the thread I've been messing around with a memory editor. The crystarium level (as I assumed) is just a value between 1-10 and if you find it then you can change it to unlock all levels early. It's nice to be able to grind like in every other Final Fantasy.

Hasney

If this is the effort they're putting in, good. If XIII-2 is the same effort, then I really hope it doesn't chart in any region.

All will be forgiven for a merely competent port of XII though. Hell, even a Dead Rising 3 quality port would be good enough for me.

Lain

Realistically speaking, do you guys think they're hearing us and working on a patch?

We cried asking for japanese language and they did it even though they announced that the would have english audio only.

I have a nice framerate but very frequently it drops to 15fps without a reason, doesn't matter if I render at 480p/540p/720p/1080p.

I remember reading that someone named Jason posted on the steam forum that he'd pass along all the complaints posted in that stickied post about 1080p etc, so hopefully things could be fixed from SE ends... but I'm not expecting anything really.

Edit: found the link http://steamcommunity.com/app/29212...79943510/?tscn=1412879241#c613938693080520030

Also finished my XIII download finally!

didamangi

First time playing this and I wish the English subtitles are a little bit more complete, some minor dialogues aren't translated, as well as the battle cries. I feel like I'm missing out some of the nuances in this game.

Can't understand why they didn't include English audio in the Asian version as well since the NA version got both audio in the end.

Top Bottom