• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII post-release comparison/garbage thread

how much is the special ediiton/collecter edition in the UK?
I preordered it the other day in HMV but i dont even know how much it costs :lol hope i have the money for it on release day

BertramCooper said:
Well, I was considering making the jump and buying a PS3 just to play FFXIII.

But after reading through this thread, I get the impression that not only should I not do this, but I should hunt down and kill every person who worked on this game.

Is it really that bad, or is it the typical GAF overreaction?
it's not that bad, but there are much more worthy games that you should be buying a ps3 for, Heavy Rain being a recent example

BlazingDarkness said:
it's not that bad, but there are much more worthy games that you should be buying a ps3 for, Heavy Rain being a recent example

heavy rain must be short as hell though. I'm seeing way too many people selling it already.

BlazingDarkness said:
how much is the special ediiton/collecter edition in the UK?
I preordered it the other day in HMV but i dont even know how much it costs :lol hope i have the money for it on release day

£60.

DigitalDevil said:
heavy rain must be short as hell though. I'm seeing way too many people selling it already.
short 'n' sweet.

Baloonatic said:
D:
Well, it'll only be 50 on the day cos i put ten down for the preorder, but im going on holiday next sunday im supposed to be saving :lol damn crowded releases

u_neek

I'm tired of all the negative shit from people who haven't played the game.

I've been waiting for this game for almost four years and now it's only one week away. I'm stoked as hell - nobody can take my excitement away!

Anyone taking time off of work?

I'm off Thursday and Friday of next week! Woohoo!

The real reason is that I'm visiting my mother in law before she goes on a long vacation but the REAL real reason is that I am using her for free baby sitting so I can sit in front of my old college TV and play videogames like a kid again... by not moving for hours on end!

Of course my college TV is a 13 inch SDTV with scratchs on the screen from when I dropped it in 2002 :lol I'm worried that text will be unreadable but I have my PSP as backup! If I wait until I'm back home I get my big TV again... but then I loose the babysitting :(

RPGCrazied

u_neek said:

I've been waiting for this game for almost four years and now it's only one week away. I'm stoked as hell - nobody can take my excitement away!

oh god, if the rest of the game is like the first 10 mins(saw the video of that)Let it have a shit story!

It look glorious to me, of course I'm easily amused

ZeoVGM

Banned
u_neek said:

I hope we can keep all the dumb shit in this thread out of the official thread.

Einbroch

Banned
u_neek said:

Haters gonna hate.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
u_neek said:

I hope you enjoy One Long Hallway XIII

Kidding. I feel the same as you. I've digested tons of impressions on this game, but nothing can kill my hype. Hopefully it is good for what it is.

Varion

MrDenny said:
Snow/Serah scene firework scene. Minor Spoilers?
I'm actually glad they replaced Eternal Love.

EN: Serah's Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFkhGlliiQM

JP: Eternal Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kl8_t2qh5o

Definitely agreed. Never liked Eternal Love, so replacing it can only be a good thing. Sera's theme was one of the better vocal tracks from the game anyway. Don't really like the Japanese or the English theme song, so couldn't care less either way there.

Still prefer the Japanese audio, but after finishing the game already I'm just used to it. The dub's still one of the better ones I've heard, and I'd have no problems playing with it on going by the trailers.

u_neek said:

Those are my feelings as well. I am still very much looking forward to this game, and no amount of negativity will change that. I remember reading some negative impressions of XII before the NA release, and I still loved that game, so I hope the same holds true for XIII.

Dead

well not really...yet
RPGCrazied said:
Why do I have a feeling that manual is gonna be B&W?

And 360 users, have stacked discs like Star Ocean 4? Come on, we didn't get a CE.. I think a proper case would not be asking so much.
Euro manual is in color. Just saw a pic.

tmarques

RPGCrazied said:
hate them too huh?:) And since the new eco-friendly cases are now out.. im scared!

It's impossible to get them out, and that's with two discs. Three, I don't even want to find out.

Wazzim

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
hate them too huh?:) And since the new eco-friendly cases are now out.. im scared!
ECO-FRIENDLY CASES?! Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!1111 :lol

No but seriously, even SE PSP games have inside box art but the biggest release of SE this gen has none??

BlazingDarkness said:
True, there's plenty of incentive to buy a PS3 at this point, but I've been particularly excited about buying one specifically for FFXIII.

Oh hell, I know I'll end up getting it, but the amount of pure vitriol in this thread is a bit disconcerting.

BocoDragon

HamPster PamPster said:
Anyone taking time off of work?

I am! This is the closest thing to a personal religious holiday I have!

I had a friend from out of town offer to come visit "early March" and I told him to come the following month instead... I'd probably be a little busy around then :D

Every time one of these comes out, it's like an important ritual to me. When FFXII came out, my girlfriend at the time had a well timed vacation to her parents place... so I was free to play the game all I wanted. Also, there was a "Perfect Storm"-esque rainfall for weeks... the most amazing flood of rain I have ever seen in my life! My apartment pretty much had the atmosphere of Rapture, I really felt underwater! In this magical atmosphere I did nothing but quest back and forth around Ivalice in one of my most amazing gaming experiences :D Hopefully XIII is a fraction as memorable.

Syvere

Banned
Meh I don't care if my Collector's Editions dvd cover doesn't have inside art as I can just replace it with my Japanese Limited Edition foil cover.

Kagari: where are people getting this game early?

Also a bit off-topic but bear with me. As an avid JRPG fan I have been following Q1/Q2 for 360/PS3 games avidly and I have already bought or preordered:

FFXIII obviously
Resonance of Fate
Star Ocean The Last Hope International
White Knight Chronicles International Edition

I know Last Rebellion is also coming out in march but supposedly it's beyond shit. So anything I'm missing?

Syvere said:
Kagari: where are people getting this game early?

Well, both mine are promotional copies for review, but retailers in the UK and PAL regions have started getting the game in stock today. Alternatively, final, boxed copies of the game are going out to those Square usually sends them to, so it could be one of those people. Waiting for my CE to arrive.

BocoDragon

North America totally got the shaft on the whole FFXIII experience. Yes, we get the game, a barebones vanilla release, and we get a licensed strategy guide.. that's it! There was more money I was willing to spend to get the top FF experience, but if all they want is the normal $60 then it's their loss.

You can tell Square Enix in Europe is more driven to expand that market this era, since they consistently create CEs for FF games. SE probably feels they have more room to grow the sales there.

Syvere

Banned
Thanks for the info APZ.

APZonerunner said:
Waiting for my CE to arrive.

Me too mate, me too.

Game has informed that they'll be sending my copy early so hopefully it'll be here in Finland on Monday or earlier.

Syvere

Banned
brandonh83 said:
Oh hell yeah the English version is far better. That's very relieving. :lol

Serah's Theme is in the game in Japanese version as well. Just not in that scene. So it's not really "English version". They're just reusing the music.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
so, now that the 360 version is officially leaked, ill stay out of EVERY ffxiii related thread till i get my ps3 ver in a week :<

neoism

Vanille said:
Yes, to get the Superstar trophy you have to get a 5 star ranking on the final form of the final boss.

And it's not possible to miss an item in a certain area and lose it forever. However, it's possible to screw yourself out of the trophy by selling stuff.
Awesome looks like I'm not selling nuffin!... :) :(

BocoDragon

Tiduz said:
so, now that the 360 version is officially leaked, ill stay out of EVERY ffxiii related thread till i get my ps3 ver in a week :<
Hmmm now that I think about it, you're right.

Importers are less likely to spoil the game than pirates :p

But I think if anyone ever unmarked spoilers in a thread like this, they'll get edited and banned.

BertramCooper said:
I take it there aren't any FF13/PS3 bundles coming out in North America? Just the 360 one?

If there is one, I can't find it anywhere.
Bummer.

Seems like a missed opportunity for Sony to move some consoles.

Syvere

Banned
BocoDragon said:
Hmmm now that I think about it, you're right.

Importers are less likely to spoil the game than pirates :p

But I think if anyone ever unmarked spoilers in a thread like this, they'll get edited and banned.

Just remember stay away from 4chan and you should be fine hopefully.

Syvere

Banned
BertramCooper said:
Bummer.

Seems like a missed opportunity for Sony to move some consoles.

No doubt but I recon M$ has made some sort of deal with $E regarding bundle exclusivity and marketing (only 360 ads :/ ).

BocoDragon

Syvere said:
No doubt but I recon M$ has made some sort of deal with $E regarding bundle exclusivity and marketing (only 360 ads :/ ).
It really is quite amazing how FFXIII went from being the savior of PS3 to....

"...what, its on PS3 too??"

Teknoman

MiloFoxburr said:
You're thinking of the Asian version I believe. The EU version is 3 Discs Stacked and 1 in a Paper Sleeve :/

Oh Asian version then. NA version was the same with the paper sleeve. I dont see how 2 disc games on the 360 can have proper cases, yet 3-4 discs and they get all cheap.

Syvere said:
Yeah, I figured as much.

Maybe it'll work out in Sony's favor. The 360/FF13 ads are so lame that perhaps it will make people less inclined to buy that version.

Personally, my distrust of Microsoft hardware coupled with the disc swapping is enough to make me avoid the 360 bundle.

Top Bottom