• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

Does-auto sort work for anyone?
It works as intended, which is not very well. The function of the auto-sort that's in the game right now is to simply prioritize putting different types of items in different bags. Like food will always go into one bag if there's room, pet items always go into another one if there's room, etc. It isn't super useful. 2.1 is adding real sort functions.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'll agree Yoshi is at fault, as well, for vastly underestimating ("being very conservative") the demand for this game. It sounds like he thought it'd be a slow burner, not a quick market hit. At the least, they should've had more servers in their "back pocket", so to speak, kind of like they had in Phase 4, where they were opening servers left and right. I imagine it wasn't until early access that they realized, "Shit....hey guys....we probably need more servers." And by then it's too late.

I bet his superiors LOVED his conservative estimates, specially considering how much it likely cost to rebuild the game XD

You could blame estimates if this happened last Tuesday, and not during the early access.

The problem here is Square totally ignoring their pre-order numbers in North America and Europe. And it came back to bite them in the ass when people started rolling on the Japanese servers, where more than adequate preparations were made for the launch.

Mr. Hyde

I guess I am one of the lucky ones due to being on Adamantoise. The longest it has taken me to get on the server is ten minutes.

Filth

I guess I am one of the lucky ones due to being on Adamantoise. The longest it has taken me to get on the server is ten minutes.

im on adamantoise toooooooooooooooo D:

edit: i cant get passed the main menu. it wont let me click start. hmphhh.

Wilsongt

It works as intended, which is not very well. The function of the auto-sort that's in the game right now is to simply prioritize putting different types of items in different bags. Like food will always go into one bag if there's room, pet items always go into another one if there's room, etc. It isn't super useful. 2.1 is adding real sort functions.

There's an auto sort function? Where?

I apparently did not win the lottery this morning, as not even the client is loading for me.

|OT| Comedy of Errors

KuroNeeko

JP servers are dead.

2002 servers and notices that people can't log in to any of the JP servers.
I think I've played the game twice since I bought it last Thursday.

I doubt very much that they had "conservative estimates." Servers are expensive, I bet that they planned to just make do until the initial hype died down and then get by with what they have. Of course there's no way of knowing but, man, there's some major incompetence going around. How they ever thought the game would be okay in its current state is beyond me.

dc89

So I got the game the other day, not played it once yet because I can't log in.
Start is greyed out right now, and when I click the Server Status icon the servers won't load.

This is a bit messy.

DrBo42

So now that we're running on sub time and can't even login most of the time, they'll give us another free month...right?

oktarb

With this kind of launch where you literally can't play, I believe that Reborn may have been a little premature.

Aeana

So now that we're running on sub time and can't even login most of the time, they'll give us another free month...right?

Nobody should be actually paying a sub fee right now. New players get a free month, 1.0 owners get 2 weeks. But Yoshida made it sound like we'll be getting another week free.

Is there anyway to get a refund?

I'm seriously considering that option right now..

It's probably possible of you bug customer support enough. I'd wait until after the upgrades on Wednesday to see how that pans out, though.

Rising_Hei

Does any healer need to do Stone vigil instance?

If you are a healer and you need it, please, use the duty finder with "Join a party in progress" on right now

A member dced right before the last boss, if someone hears this hear me out! :p

Edit: 30 mins left

dc89

A little bit of persistence and I've registered my character to Ultros server. Now, actually getting on the server to play... that's another matter.

However many free days we get, shouldn't apply to any player with a character who was logged in for at least 24 hours straight at any time during this mess. That way the greedy asshats making it worse for the rest of us don't profit in the end.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Nobody should be actually paying a sub fee right now. New players get a free month, 1.0 owners get 2 weeks. But Yoshida made it sound like we'll be getting another week free.

I'm convinced they're only giving a week so they can keep adding free weeks on rather than free months.

Is there anyway to get a refund?

I'm seriously considering that option right now..

This will be me if they don't give everyone one free server transfer option.

hamchan

I really don't see why anyone should be entitled to an extra free month instead of just receiving the number of free days the game was down.

Hubb

It isn't going to happen. They want people spread out, if they open up transfers and everyone goes to a couple of servers they will have the same problem + dead servers. If anything they WILL open up server transfers and block off the more popular ones. Though it seems like all the NA/EU servers are packed.

Cidd

It's probably possible of you bug customer support enough. I'd wait until after the upgrades on Wednesday to see how that pans out, though.

I'll give them until after Wednesday I guess.

Windam

Scaley member
I'm convinced they're only giving a week so they can keep adding free weeks on rather than free months.

Dammit I wasn't able to get in at all during Early Access, and I've only been able to get in once since the official launch. Another free month (hell, I'd even take two weeks if a month is too much to ask), or bust. I don't want a free week, considering I start uni on the 9th.

Last night I ran through all my Bard quests. The job is so much fun. I'm so glad how focused it is on damage, but it's support actions are still invaluable.

I'm beginning the relic quest now, and I just finished the dhorme Chimera. I can't believe how much relic is in my reach now. At first I was a little disappointed but now I'm really excited... my playtime is limited after this week and beyond, but I still think I can do it!

what do you have to do to get a relic this time around?

For the main story line quests
can anyone tell me where that Church is you need to visit to continue with the story at 35? I cant remember.

Azrael

I decided I wasn't even going to even try to play this game Saturday-Monday and would be back Tuesday. Too many other things to do to get worked up about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom