• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

Just got a 6001 error! That's a new one.

Honestly I've been pretty lucky up until today. This is the first time I've been spamming it for an hour + with no luck.

I really don't see why anyone should be entitled to an extra free month instead of just receiving the number of free days the game was down.

Well, I can kinda see reasoning behind asking for more. First, not all days a equal - those 7 days aren't going to make up for the loss of a 3-day weekend in which to play the game with your buddies (that you convinced to buy the game so you guys could have fun on the 3-day weekend). Second, it's not just that people aren't playing, it's that they are having frustrating horrible experiences trying to play. If someone is spending hours trying to log into the game, that builds up resentment with the game that more free time (when it's working) can resolve.

Cmagus

I think I am gonna take a break for a few days on this until everything is sorted. Can't really move forward with the relic because there isn't enough people at the moment to do the runs. Might also just wait for server transfers to open up I don't know lol at this rate I am gonna end up doing everything in a short amount of time.

Rimshot

Can this really be from people leaving their charactyer afk? It feels retardidly stupid to let anyone be logged in after not providing any input for over an hour...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Can this really be from people leaving their charactyer afk? It feels retardidly stupid to let anyone be logged in after not providing any input for over an hour...

I don't blame anyone for staying logged in. They paid of the game, and they are playing the only way Square has allowed.

It's definitely made worse by that, since there is a limit on the number of people who can be online at once, but I wouldn't say it's the reason it's happening at all. But those people *should* get bans for purposely making the game worse for everyone.

It's definitely made worse by that, since there is a limit on the number of people who can be online at once, but I wouldn't say it's the reason it's happening at all. But those people *should* get bans for purposely making the game worse for everyone.

You want to ban people for AFK'ing when its SE's fault?

Aeana

Cool thanks, think I might get this game once servers are stable :p Any ETA on the housing system yet?

Housing is coming in the first major update I believe, which is 3 months after launch.

Banning people who are trying to play a game they paid for is pretty stupid. You're placing your blame on the wrong people here. It should all be on SE's ineptitude.

gatti-man

I don't blame anyone for staying logged in. They paid of the game, and they are playing the only way Square has allowed.

That's interesting since I've played every time I've wanted to without staying logged in. It's more like people are selfish and don't care about others coupled with SE not having an afk. Plenty of blame to go around here.

Uh it's so tempting to just start a new character on a Jp server but I want to forward the character I already have :/

Has anyone been able to get in this morning or is the log in server down ?

akaoni

Banned
Anyone able to select NA/EU servers right now?

That's interesting since I've played every time I've wanted to without staying logged in. It's more like people are selfish and don't care about others coupled with SE not having an afk. Plenty of blame to go around here.

Given the circumstances I can't blame them at all, once I get logged in my client never gets turned off until I go to bed. After that it's a case of being around at the right hours to login again without problems, usually after midnight in east coast and for 8-10~ hours after.

Blitzhex

They're all (aside from JP servers) located in Montreal.
What I meant is that aside from 'in name' there's no real distinction between NA and EU as far as servers are concerned.

Oh, that might be laggy for me as I'm in Asia, but I get higher ping to Japan than Canada. Some actual EU servers would be nice >.<

Banning people who are trying to play a game they paid for is pretty stupid. You're placing your blame on the wrong people here. It should all be on SE's ineptitude.

Why would I blame Square for people deciding that their enjoyment is more important than every single other person who wants to play the game? These people have made a conscious choice to grief the entire player base of the game for their own convenience, they should get banned, the same way people who abuse exploits and bugs get banned from MMO's. I remember once FFXI had a bug where a vendor was selling an object for less than what the same vendor would buy it for, Square banned hundreds of people for exploiting that, this is a similar situation only far more extreme.

Rising_Hei

Damn... i found the healer but we only had 6 mins left and he died because he ate those breath of the dragon.... he was 10 % before time ran out in next try <.<

Why would I blame Square for people deciding that their enjoyment is more important than every single other person who wants to play the game? These people have made a conscious choice to grief the entire player base of the game for their own convenience, they should get banned, the same way people who abuse exploits and bugs get banned from MMO's. I remember once FFXI had a bug where a vendor was selling an object for less than what the same vendor would buy it for, Square banned hundreds of people for exploiting that, this is a similar situation only far more extreme.

No ones exploiting anything though.

SE decided, for some reason, to not put an AFK kick timer in, its their own fault.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
In the Google doc...I am wondering. The list is alphabetical but by username is F0rneus. I'd go on top of the F pile right? Hahaha. Or do I treat the 0 as a o?

Nice, game crashed....

You've got to be joking. Why not just reboot the servers as well and get rid of the 90% of people afk? There's more people afk than playing.

MogCakes

I tried logging in to Masamune and it keeps telling me the world is full. At this time of day there shouldn't be that many people awake on the other side of the world. God damn you AFKers and dammit Square, at least reboot your servers every 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom