• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT2| Use a security token. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

So you know how your class quests tend to get you some decent gear at your level... and options of picking like 1 armor piece?

Is there a way to get the other ones?

Quests seem to rarely give heavy armor for gld's :/

Anything you choose from a class quest will be available through other quests.

Loving the Wrath mechanic, Inner Beast and Unleashed. I wouldn't be surprised if I did more damage in tank stance than I do out of it. The class has a significant skill cap and learning curve though.

WAR tanking is amazing fun in these later dungeons. I have to dodge a bunch of touhou crap the bosses keep flinging everywhere while keeping aggro on me while trying to keep my Maim and Fracture up and also try to get Inner Beast up to help me heal through damage spikes. One of the cool things about Inner Beast is that if I have it up, the healer can pause a moment to Raise a dead DPS because I can patch heal myself for a short period of time by using it. I've already been in several dungeons where the healer had to do exactly that and Inner Beast kept me alive where I would have otherwise died.

This is a class I would hate to try and play with a normal keyboard or a gamepad.

Cmagus

Odin won

i9kS8SPfiSxv9.png

iAnT044v1o7VN.png

Pachinko

So am I to assume it's normal for a lancer to end up in limsa limosa around 15 ish and before going into satasha whatevers I haven't had much if any gear improvements since leaving the forest ? I had to buy some stuff in aleport and laughably , I'm level 17 so the proper gear is out of reach by 2 levels but the nuetral gear was still an improvement in appearance and stats so I look like a purple hooded wizard with a spear on it's back.

This game really is quite a bit of fun, kind of a shame I can only log on at midnight though :p

Can we expect a massive exodust when the first monthly fee rolling in? After playing for 2 days I've decided to stick with this game for long term but 1017 is driving me crazy.

Can we expect a massive exodust when the first monthly fee rolling in? After playing for 2 days I've decided to stick with this game for long term but 1017 is driving me crazy.

there are roaming hordes of players that bounce back and forth between mmos

basically they buy the game for x dollars, play a bunch of hours in the free month, then move on to the next MMO. Thats my $60 dollar game purchase for that period.

Its really easy to accidentally play 40 hours of an MMO but sitting down with an actual RPG is impossible for me. I did that for a long time with a small group and i know we weren't the only ones

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

Of course its expected. Half of the GAF players will probably be gone as well. lol

Tash

Interesting, I guess it's a tank only thing. Well at least there's still the mob list icons.

EDIT: According to my friend it's a UI toggle for the enmity bars. You have to turn them on.

The annoying thing is you only see them if you target the mob. If you target through your tank you don't see them. Makes spence I guess since the bars are probably calculated per mob

akaoni

Banned
Ohhh. Who's Yda's English voice actress?

Can't find it, I'll have to wait until I see the credits maybe tomorrow. It was her companions voice made me make the switch, she was cool though. Reminds me, need to catch up with the English cut scenes at my inn room again, smart feature.

syoaran

Morning all! Had a great time on Ultros with all the GAF FATE farming, glad we got some more people to 50!

I should hit 50 myself today if the servers are good to me, and I was wondering what should I be doing when I hit that magic number?

blackflag

Me jojo said:
Leveling leatherworking is easy thanks to what I believe is a bugged quest that gives too much reward exp. The lv15 tradecraft levequest to turn in 3 aldgoat leathers gives you a woopin' 6k+ exp, whereas the lv20 variant that requires 5 leathers gives only 5k. All you need is 9 HQ aldgoat leathers for nearly 60k leatherworker exp every 12 hours. It's piss easy.

This was from the other thread but thank you so much. Its helped me a ton. I went from 1 to 22 in a few hours which included farming for the skin. I also have made a bunch of money selling non HQ leather cuz i have so much of it.

The team who made 1.0 only played FFXI and lived in a vacuum while completely ignoring the advancements of the genre.

No. If 1.0 had been just ffxi 2.0 with pretty hd graphics, then it would've been at least moderately successful. FFXI is still a good game and I'm tired of people talking about "advancements of the genre," as if certain design choices are automatically positive for every game ever. Why is it that only the MMO genre gives people this mentality of sameness? People were arguing in /shout yesterday that singleplayer FF games didn't have jumping, yet because FF14 is an MMO, it requires jumping. Is jumping suddenly an "advancement of the genre?" Show me the logical correlation in "RPG + multiplayer = needs jumping." There is none.

An MMORPG is an online, multiplayer, persistent-world RPG. That is all a game needs to be in order to qualify as an MMORPG. Any design choices thereafter are open to the developers. Designing games to copy the design decisions of others is reductive and creates a stagnant genre. Never design for the genre. Design the game you want to design and it will fall into whatever genre it may.

Tash

How are people getting the rewards from subs? I see people with the eye mount but when I try and do the 90 day thing it doesn't pay and just signs me up for the monthly payments.

It's only possible through time cards. You get the vet rewards once the free time is over on the normal sub accounts.

Reknoc

Can't find it, I'll have to wait until I see the credits maybe tomorrow. It was her companions voice made me make the switch, she was cool though. Reminds me, need to catch up with the English cut scenes at my inn room again, smart feature.

Papalimo's english voice is awesome :mad:

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Anyone having success using the pet classes with a controller? I started as an Arcanist, but was finding the R1 press to toggle between hotkeys difficult. Just the thought of having to position your pets, order your pet to attack / standby, issuing commands while using your own spells seems craaaazy. I supposed you could just leave them on autocast but doing this in WoW with the Hunter / Warlock class never led to anything good.

Probably a fair number of people AFKing overnight so they can play in the morning.

Why'd you go to Atamos(?) instead of Durandal?

Im on neither of those servers actually.

KuroNeeko

Im on neither of those servers actually.

Right. I remember reading in the last thread that you were on a JP server. I was just curious why you didn't go to Durandal since we have Nocturne on that server.

If you have a bunch of other english speakers on your server, then I was thinking I'd migrate over there instead of just joining some random JP server (since Durandal has been locked pretty consistently since launch.)

Rimshot

I was thinking about picking up conjurer/white-mage when I've finished leveling my pugilist to a monk. But I am wondering how they cope with leveling solo? Since I do not know anybody on my server, and mostly solo except the dungeons, will it be a rough time?

BLCKATK

Ampador Keep is so tough. We finally got the second boss down, but we ran out of time for the last one. Going to beat it tomorrow, I can feel it. But at this point the game is damn challenging. For me atleast.

Vashetti

Banned
I was thinking about picking up conjurer/white-mage when I've finished leveling my pugilist to a monk. But I am wondering how they cope with leveling solo? Since I do not know anybody on my server, and mostly solo except the dungeons, will it be a rough time?

It's easy soloing. You're a healer so you can keep yourself alive.

The Cleric Stance ability swaps your Mind (healing) and Intellect (magic damage) stats so it's still efficient to use your damage dealing abilities (Stone, Aero, Fluid Aura, etc.)

Arguably easier than all the other jobs, since cleric stance gives you respectable offensive capabilities while you retain all your healing spells, albeit weakened by said cleric stance. Especially once you get Repose, soloing is super super safe and nearly as fast as the other jobs/classes.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Right. I remember reading in the last thread that you were on a JP server. I was just curious why you didn't go to Durandal since we have Nocturne on that server.

If you have a bunch of other english speakers on your server, then I was thinking I'd migrate over there instead of just joining some random JP server (since Durandal has been locked pretty consistently since launch.)

Besides the GAF guild for Guild Wars 2 and those who were playing DQX at launch I rarely party up with random western gamers on purpose. Or go around speaking english for that matter, unless its with GAF members.

I rarely talk to folks as am not one for human interaction in mmos. Im more of a world watcher than one who likes to run around and make friends lol

I couldn't stop watching and laughing....

Theres another one of a guy frog splashing a larger cactus from the back of a truck, but since this vid had the guy throwing a few punches first, figured it would fit the theme better lol. Jesus though thats gotta hurt. D:

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just found out that you can semi-stun lock an enemy between Lancer Leg Sweeps

Multiple, spell/action interrupt and damage dealing stuns that don't stop your own combos

You ready, Lancer-bros?

iHETDiu5vOCam.gif

gribbles

Banned
Damn, finally reached lvl 39 today, and levelling has been sluggish as hell. I'm getting sick of farming FATEs all day.

Noi

Just "finished" my first attempt at the sunken temple.

..."finished" because we actually ran out of time. We wiped so many times against both midbosses, I seriously didn't expect such a huge increase in difficulty. The tank we were with had apparently done it before, but he never have advice until we'd wiped twice anyway. It was a learning experience, at least.

...Those damn bees. THAT SOUL CORE....

Holy shit ! 7am - world is full please try again. 11am - world is full please try again. 3pm - world is full please try again. 8pm - world is full please try again. 11pm - world is full please try again. 4am the next day- world is full please try again. WTF?

Because the world is full. I've been running around questing at 2 am and there's tons of people around questing and doing FATEs and crafting and what have you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom