• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT2| Use a security token. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xux

How are people getting the rewards from subs? I see people with the eye mount but when I try and do the 90 day thing it doesn't pay and just signs me up for the monthly payments.
I believe the pay cards in Japan add straight sub time so they can get them that way.

Mairu

Wait, in duty finders you get teamed up with people from random servers?

The Duty Finder covers every single (NA/EU I assume) server - which I imagine is part of the problem with it getting overloaded (and why the post stated they would be splitting it up - probably into battlegroups like WoW)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Duty Finder covers every single (NA/EU I assume) server - which I imagine is part of the problem with it getting overloaded (and why the post stated they would be splitting it up - probably into battlegroups like WoW)

yep... which is why if you're a DPS, expect 30 minute min waiting to be matched up

What makes a good or bad healer?

I found out that DF put my ACN as a healer. But I sunk most of my points into INT. We made it through, I kept everyone alive (thankfully because they were all pretty good), but I couldn't help but feel unprepared for that role and pretty weak at it.

Riposte

I found out that DF put my ACN as a healer. But I sunk most of my points into INT. We made it through, I kept everyone alive (thankfully because they were all pretty good), but I couldn't help but feel unprepared for that role and pretty weak at it.

Really? I thought ACN was locked as DD.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Do the Japanese servers have all of these login issues?

Yes they have.

They did a little earlier today, not sure if it is as often as NA/EU though.

Worse on weekend i had been out of game for like 24h. 90000 + 3102 for 18 hours + 1017, 1016, 5006, 2002.

The good thing... I clear my queue of Movies/TV shows. :)

Xux

Haha, on the day I say I'm gonna slow down and work on my crafting and gathering, it won't let me in.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm really thinking the answer should be two GAF guilds now.

Can't wait for the PvP

KuroNeeko

Anyone having success using the pet classes with a controller? I started as an Arcanist, but was finding the R1 press to toggle between hotkeys difficult. Just the thought of having to position your pets, order your pet to attack / standby, issuing commands while using your own spells seems craaaazy. I supposed you could just leave them on autocast but doing this in WoW with the Hunter / Warlock class never led to anything good.

Wow did not expect to come home to 1017 issues at 2am. Thanks, holiday weekend!

Probably a fair number of people AFKing overnight so they can play in the morning.

I think the previous OT had all of that info in the first post. Might want to check there.

Why'd you go to Atamos(?) instead of Durandal?

Probably a fair number of people AFKing overnight so they can play in the morning.

Fuck them. UGH. Way to ruin it for those of us who can't play when we want to. (selfish complaint about those acting selfishly - I know. Let me have it though, it is late and I have honestly had 4 sessions since launch).

The worst part? Each session is better than the last.

Time to continue trying to get in before I lose my patience.

Amon-Lau

It's funny, I've had folks ask about bosses if it's their first time and I'd tell 'em what they should watch out for and when we start they do exactly what I just said to avoid, and not even acknowledge it...

Perhaps it's time I joined the GAF FC, if they got free slots anyway... =/

It's funny, I've had folks ask about bosses if it's their first time and I'd tell 'em what they should watch out for and when we start they do exactly what I just said to avoid, and not even acknowledge it...

Perhaps it's time I joined the GAF FC, if they got free slots anyway... =/

I'm thankful I haven't run into this problem. I did Tam Tara for the first time last night and I asked and followed directions.

Jubern

Got in after spending three hours trying, did some quests with pretty noticeable lag and then got disconnected after beating the Clay Golem :(

feelsbadman.jpg

edit: Just to be clear, lag is likely my fault. I'm living in a share house. We have fiber, but a lot of people moved in yesterday and today so I expected our connection to be bombed my torrents and such...

Tarazet

Got to 40 on my Warrior by grinding fates in Coerthas. The competition is seriously intense.. you've got people from the mid-30s to the mid-40s all competing for the same mobs. Sometimes I would mount up and run as soon as I saw it pop, get there, and wind up with a bronze contribution from a full party. Nice thing is Svara was popping frequently and giving 40k XP each time.

Loving the Wrath mechanic, Inner Beast and Unleashed. I wouldn't be surprised if I did more damage in tank stance than I do out of it. The class has a significant skill cap and learning curve though.

N.A

Banned
At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn to perform the operations listed below. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

[Details]
- Addition of new Worlds
- Implementation of countermeasures to handle the influx of concurrent user counts as a result of split processing the duty finder
- Address several known issues

* Clients will update automatically upon launch after the date and time below.

* We will announce details of the fixes at a later time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
From Sep. 3, 2013 5:00 p.m. to Sep. 4, 2013 3:00 a.m. (PDT)
* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

Figured trying to log in at 2 am would give me better luck over the last day or so. Boy was I wrong lol. 40 minutes and no queue later, I'm starting to think I'll just join the folks who plan to wait out the login/world full issues. Was hoping to unlock MNK over the long weekend, but the closest I'll have gotten most likely is PUG 27.5. At least I had enough sense to log in an inn room. should be a sizable rested bonus when I do get back in.

This hasn't been all bad. The inability to play has allowed me to get up to Chapter 4 on my Milla playthrough for Xillia, and I've had a blast doing it!

erawsd

Oh okay, that explains it then. I thought I was missing a dungeon. I haven't beaten the story yet, but I'm nearing it, I think. I just got to the part where I have to do an 8-man lvl50 instance raid (after the 8-man boss fight in the previous main mission). How close am I to getting the Magitek armor mount? :x

No Story spoilers, but I don't like knowing how close to the end of something I am so I'll tag this anyway:

There's a series of three 8-man instances to cap off the story. So if you've finished the first one, you've got 2 more to complete. Finishign the last one gives you the magitek mount.

iwUdp3TIMzSEl.png

best mission so far.

love climbing/exploration missions.

supergiz

Nah I think that you have two or three sisters servers

raven777

they have 2 separate servers, 25 each. so you will be matched with 25 servers, not all 50 i think.

So you know how your class quests tend to get you some decent gear at your level... and options of picking like 1 armor piece?

Is there a way to get the other ones?

Quests seem to rarely give heavy armor for gld's :/

raven777

So you know how your class quests tend to get you some decent gear at your level... and options of picking like 1 armor piece?

Is there a way to get the other ones?

Quests seem to rarely give heavy armor for gld's :/

those quest reward gears you can buy it on market or graft them.

I have no clue who she is but I assume from your post that Yda has the same voice as her?

she is from anime Macross Frontier, and yes she has the same VA as Yda.

raven777

So is that why I wished to friend someone from a dungeon session only to get a "player not found" result? Because players are matched across servers?

yea you are likely to be matched with players from other server, so you won't be able to find them on your server.

is there a resource for which venders sell which gear?

i meant Market as in auction house market, not venders. I am not sure if venders sell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom