• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT3| Keniki Gauge Cost: 20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

I keep losing the upgrades from wiping at the boss haha I do know it's doable as I've cleared a it two or three times without a problem but these last three attempts I've wiped so I was trying to see if there's a strat I could employ if my team isn't up to snuff.

Pomander of Steel will cut down what the attack does--it's like 2k base damage, and Steel cuts that down a lot. You should also get a ton of potions in PotD and the cooldowns are fairly short--those things are lifesavers and if I do a PotD run I usually bind them to a hotbar somewhere. But yeah, the AOE hits semi-hard and taking that hit + an add cast while you're stunned will usually be death, and healing up in between is important.

I'm not sure if you are on PS4 and if not, perhaps someone else can answer but if the Item window in Palace of the Dead gets dismissed, how do you bring it back up?

PC but I'm on controller so UI is the same. The PotD Pomander inventory highjacks your character window, so hit start and pick Character from the list to bring the PotD window back up.

Ugh, that's a pisser, then. Sorry your friend ran into that trouble, but yeah, the PS3 abandon is for the best. It'll help the game a lot with memory allocation.

I hope Sony can help your friend, though I fear he'll get the runaround and get told to sort it with Square. :(
He wasn't going to play on the PS3, he got a PS4 so he's been playing the trial on it.

kaze343

He wasn't going to play on the PS3, he got a PS4 so he's been playing the trial on it.

was your friend jumping into Storm blood? psn doesnt do pre order codes or early access codes at all. they are directly connected to the account. if its something else, then no idea.

oh, nvm, misunderstood the situation.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Likewise Hallowed Ground or Holmgang mitigation making it a whopping 0 dmg.

Holmgang there is awful because it doesn't last throughout the whole mechanic + Chastening Heat afterwards.
This is like with transfer of Arm/Chain of Purgatory in T12 which had shareable properties akin to 2nd boss in Lv53 Sohm Al but nobody ever knew this because it was irrelevant to execution.

studyguy

Holmgang there is awful because it doesn't last throughout the whole mechanic + Chastening Heat afterwards.
This is like with transfer of Arm/Chain of Purgatory in T12 which had shareable properties akin to 2nd boss in Lv53 Sohm Al but nobody ever knew this because it was irrelevant to execution.

I think you take 1 and ignore the rest. I don't remember since we never really had to deal with it that much with our OT.

Pomander of Steel will cut down what the attack does--it's like 2k base damage, and Steel cuts that down a lot. You should also get a ton of potions in PotD and the cooldowns are fairly short--those things are lifesavers and if I do a PotD run I usually bind them to a hotbar somewhere. But yeah, the AOE hits semi-hard and taking that hit + an add cast while you're stunned will usually be death, and healing up in between is important.

PC but I'm on controller so UI is the same. The PotD Pomander inventory highjacks your character window, so hit start and pick Character from the list to bring the PotD window back up.
Yeah I pop a steel and strength if I have them for the boss though I don't always get one depending on how through the PUG team is on wanting to find chests. Selecting character will pop the pomander item box back up? Never would have though to try that. I'll give it a whirl tonight! Thanks :)

SOLDIER

So I ordered the CE digital PC version and redeemed the early access code.

I then ordered the PS4 regular edition on Best Buy, which e-mailed me an early access code. I tried redeeming that one on the same page, but it keeps saying it's invalid.

I was hoping to play early access on both PC and PS4 at the same time. Am I only allowed to redeem one early access code for one platform?

Doombear

Things are happening! Noticed that FFXIV: ARR popped up to the top of my 'purchase list' on PSN's backend. Now it shows Early Access there as well as the other licenses I have for XIV. Getting closer!

Allard

They mentioned Omega raid stuff and detailing content that comes out soon after stormblood is released alongside normal Q&A. (During a recent interview).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom