• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baleoce

my god the cross menu of PS3 looks so pretty, i love the simplicity. Will it be available for the PC version?

I think so, if you switch to Game Controller preference. I could be wrong though. Game controller wouldn't even work for me when I tried so I never got to find out.

Munba

Scholar seems pretty confirmed but we'l see it only at E3.

I thought it was pc version.. instead it was ps3. Very smooth now.

Munba

Q19: So about that scholar rumor...?

A19: Scholar will be implemented for release as the 8th job! Look for details on scholar at E3!

:)

hteng

Banned
Those FATE battle animations look a bit sluggish when they appear at the other end of the screen on PS3

i believe that's PS3 limitations, its a similar situation for XI in PS2. In FFXI you can even adjust the animation quality if i recall

Baleoce

i believe that's PS3 limitations, its a similar situation for XI in PS2. In FFXI you can even adjust the animation quality if i recall

Yeah that would seem to be the case. I'm getting the PC CE, but I would consider getting it on console if they eventually announce something for PS4 (then I could play it in bed on the Vita xD).

Baleoce

Q29: Do you have any plans to implement elemental weaknesses/resistances? Also, please tell us why you eliminated these.

A29: There was already a lengthy response about this on the Beta forum, but to give you an example, if you are fighting Ifrit and his weakness is water, then classes and jobs that are proficient in fire would be excluded from participating. Since we want to make participating in content easy with the Duty Finder, we felt that this wasn't good and decided to get rid of it.

I remember killing a stone elemental with stone and thinking "hmm.." xD

Jinko

Yes. It was there in the last beta and worked pretty well for me.

I think he meant the Crossbar UI, ie controller menu system, I could be wrong though.

PS3 version looks really smooth now, although there are no playable characters on screen so hard to judge what it will be like.

Scholar confirmed!! Pretty excited about the player housing too.

This is probably not the case but the way they are describing Worlds makes it seem like new players will not be able to join existing Legacy Worlds. It doesn't really make much of a difference to me but could be a game changer for some.

I've been struggling with this decision but I think I'm going to go ahead and abandon my old character. I want a new fresh start and being able to play on a regional server without lag and an untouched economy will be a definite plus. I'm looking forward to experiencing FFXIV: ARR as a whole new world and a whole new game.

hteng

Banned
I think he meant the Crossbar UI, ie controller menu system, I could be wrong though.

PS3 version looks really smooth now, although there are no playable characters on screen so hard to judge what it will be like.

yea i meant the crossbar menu similar to PS3's XMB

N.A

Banned
Q30: Could you show us an in-game footage of the Armoury Chest?

A30: In ARR, you have the ability to change into different classes/jobs on a single character. Due to this, players often have to carry a large amount of equipment in their inventory. During the previous Beta Tests, we received numerous feedback about the usability of the gear set. We discussed the matter internally and we believe this is the best way to satisfy everyone’s needs.

All equipment will be stored in your Armoury Chest and you will be able to store up to 25 items per slot. In addition, you will be able to equip and repair by clicking on the item. As for the gear set, you will be able to select any item within the Armoury Chest and therefore will no longer need to prepare multiple items of the same type if the item is equipped by multiple classes/jobs.

Awesome :)

Jinko

Yea armoury chest sounds really good now, no longer do we need to worry about accessories loading down our inventory.

Riposte

Q29: Do you have any plans to implement elemental weaknesses/resistances? Also, please tell us why you eliminated these.

A29: There was already a lengthy response about this on the Beta forum, but to give you an example, if you are fighting Ifrit and his weakness is water, then classes and jobs that are proficient in fire would be excluded from participating. Since we want to make participating in content easy with the Duty Finder, we felt that this wasn't good and decided to get rid of it.

lol this is dumb.

Animekatt

Scholar confirmed!! Pretty excited about the player housing too.

This is probably not the case but the way they are describing Worlds makes it seem like new players will not be able to join existing Legacy Worlds. It doesn't really make much of a difference to me but could be a game changer for some.

I've been struggling with this decision but I think I'm going to go ahead and abandon my old character. I want a new fresh start and being able to play on a regional server without lag and an untouched economy will be a definite plus. I'm looking forward to experiencing FFXIV: ARR as a whole new world and a whole new game.

Hmm. I thought it was opposite: the Legacy players couldn't join the new worlds. I could be wrong though.

Baleoce

No kidding... skills are just going to get judged other ways and players possibly excluded other ways.

I hope this just means they want class capabilities to be judged by other things, rather than thinking taking this out will help.

Yeah, it just seems like such an illogical answer in a game that purposely allows you to level whatever class you want on a single character.

Sin

Q30: Could you show us an in-game footage of the Armoury Chest?

A30: In ARR, you have the ability to change into different classes/jobs on a single character. Due to this, players often have to carry a large amount of equipment in their inventory. During the previous Beta Tests, we received numerous feedback about the usability of the gear set. We discussed the matter internally and we believe this is the best way to satisfy everyone’s needs.

All equipment will be stored in your Armoury Chest and you will be able to store up to 25 items per slot. In addition, you will be able to equip and repair by clicking on the item. As for the gear set, you will be able to select any item within the Armoury Chest and therefore will no longer need to prepare multiple items of the same type if the item is equipped by multiple classes/jobs.

So happy about this! That's the best news I have heard so far. :D

Having all classes, jobs, crafts and gathering classes at Lv50 you have no idea how many equips, weapons, accessories, food I have to carry around and in storage.

N.A

Banned
Sounds like they are really fleshing out the combat:

Q38: Please tell us about each job’s unique features, such as dragoons specialities for physical attack and the difference between the two tanks, paladin and warrior.

A38: Dragoon is your standard damage dealer. However, by attacking from behind or the from the side of your enemy you will get bonuses and buffs. These bonuses can stack and enhance your damage. Also, when you talk about dragoon of course they have jump, and in ARR we will have a variety of different jumps. You can use jump to get close, leg sweep to stun, and then run behind them and attack with a multitude of abilities.

In regards to monk which was shown on the stream, using a single weapon skill will determine a “form” which will determine the next weapon skill you can use. Additionally, you will be able to link forms together. Depending on the form you can receive a haste effect which will reduce your global cooldown, so by linking a bunch of forms it will really open up possibilities.

With that said, each damage dealer has their own special characteristics, just as classes/jobs and paladin/warrior have their special differences.

desu

Having all classes, jobs, crafts and gathering classes at Lv50 you have no idea how many equips, weapons, accessories, food I have to carry around and in storage.

Yep, once you have everything maxed (and possibly love crafting) you constantly had issues with the inventory. Looking forward to this change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom