• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

I look forward to housing but the one thing that is bothering me that I hope isn't permanent is how... dark, cave like the housing areas were in the live letter. I was hoping with an instanced housing zone we might at least be able to get housing with windows that allow you to look out at your neighborhood and utilize that impressive real time lighting engine they got to see day turn to dusk etc.

Have to agree I would want my house with a big conservatory :p

With those huge spaces in the house, i want to put in it everthing possibile lol. I imagine every sort of stuff (also big pictures on the wall).

Chances are the majority of us won't be able to afford the big houses.

I hope goobbue rug is craftable by weaver. :p

Oh man, I'm going to end up sinking so much time into this housing system. I was obsessed with my Mog House in FFXI, and that was so small compared to what these can be! Mannequins were awesome, and I loved my Harpsichord.

zeitgeist

I hope they do furniture bonuses like in FFXI. Didn't the beds give extra xp or make it so you lose less XP when dying?

That being said, was there a penalty for death in FFXIV 1.0, or does anyone know if there will be one in ARR?

Ala Alba

That being said, was there a penalty for death in FFXIV 1.0, or does anyone know if there will be one in ARR?

Die once, hp/mp -25% for a few minutes. Die again in time period, all stats -50% for a few minutes (dying again during this time just resets this time period).

Allard

Die once, hp/mp -25% for a few minutes. Die again in time period, all stats -50% for a few minutes (dying again during this time just resets this time period).

You also get a damage penalty to your gear if you don't get raised that accelerates gear deterioration. Basically... the death Penalty is the same as WoW's current penalty except there is no corpse run, and the only way to get up without weakness is by getting raised by a high level White Mage.

Credo

This may be common knowledge, but if not, here's some advice. Don't ever waste your time with Square Enix support.

I e-mailed them asking, "I was a 1.0 CE player, and I would like to buy a physical CE for ARR but can't decide between PC and PS3. Can you confirm that I will be able to play on both PC and PS3 if I buy the PS3 CE and tie my PS3 account to my Square Enix service account?"

Their answer: Final Fantasy XIV players do not need to purchase the software for A Realm Reborn. The software will be presented as a digital download for all Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 players. Details will be revealed at a later time outlining the process.

Ala Alba

This may be common knowledge, but if not, here's some advice. Don't ever waste your time with Square Enix support.

I e-mailed them asking, "I was a 1.0 CE player, and I would like to buy a physical CE for ARR but can't decide between PC and PS3. Can you confirm that I will be able to play on both PC and PS3 if I buy the PS3 CE and tie my PS3 account to my Square Enix service account?"

Their answer: Final Fantasy XIV players do not need to purchase the software for A Realm Reborn. The software will be presented as a digital download for all Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 players. Details will be revealed at a later time outlining the process.

Expounding on their answer:

You already own FFXIV for PC, you do not need to buy it again. Thus, buying the PS3 CE will allow you to play both on PC and PS3 with the same account.

Credo

Expounding on their answer:

You already own FFXIV for PC, you do not need to buy it again. Thus, buying the PS3 CE will allow you to play both on PC and PS3 with the same account.

aaaaand Digital River pre-order canceled. I can't pass up the opportunity to play on 2 systems in case one of them dies.

zeitgeist

You also get a damage penalty to your gear if you don't get raised that accelerates gear deterioration. Basically... the death Penalty is the same as WoW's current penalty except there is no corpse run, and the only way to get up without weakness is by getting raised by a high level White Mage.

Oh that is rough. I thought armor deterioration was cut for some reason.

LowParry

Late to the party but those class animation. Got DAMN. I thought the game looked great earlier but it's shaping up to be much more than I expecting. And it's so nice to hear that there will be some tactics in moving (The Dragoon example). Makes the hype for Phase 3 much much more. Neeeeed this game!

Allard

Waiting until after E3 to see if there's a PS4 announcement, but this will likely be what I do, too.

Isn't the PS3 version based not on your PS3, but locked to your PSN account? Could easily be a possibility for a PS4 version to just straight upgrade from your PSN registration. Although as you say, wait and see.

Jijidasu

I wonder if the hair they showed in the live is available in P3 onwards. They didn't address it directly but I got the feeling that stuff shown was for the barber system in 2.1 patch. :(

Mature

Isn't the PS3 version based not on your PS3, but locked to your PSN account? Could easily be a possibility for a PS4 version to just straight upgrade from your PSN registration. Although as you say, wait and see.
I somehow doubt that would happen.

Is that WS charge time for enemies I see? Gonna be more interesting with that finally in.

yep.

and more enemies with WS.

Even the lv 8 lizard things in that FATE outside of ul'dah have an AOE ability to avoid (red circles on the ground)

Should definitely make things more interesting.

Aeana

I'll definitely be playing lalafell WHM. Even though I don't think lalafell are nearly as cute as tarus, I still prefer the small races.

Baleoce

I'll definitely be playing lalafell WHM. Even though I don't think lalafell are nearly as cute as tarus, I still prefer the small races.

Definitely agree about Tarus! And I'm usually always the same in MMO's. The little guy. I have a dog with a pipe in TERA xD

I think he meant the Crossbar UI, ie controller menu system, I could be wrong though.

PS3 version looks really smooth now, although there are no playable characters on screen so hard to judge what it will be like.

yea i meant the crossbar menu similar to PS3's XMB

Ooooh, you meant this? I must have have walked away to do something when they were messing around in the menus. I didn't even see it until re-watching it just now.

EObbOJE.png

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I wonder how much the large house will cost and if my near 70m will be enough for it.

Will all crafts at 50 that will be my personal museum.

BLCKATK

Just saw the job actions video! Those animations are so good. I'm actually excited to level BLM now (It's the only job I don't have at 50 besides Arcanist/Summoner) because those animations look so great. Good to see the BRD got some great treatment with the animations as well, the music animation looks cool and that backstep shot looks awesome.

That video kind of made me even more optimistic than I already was. Part of what makes the FF online games great (and FF games in general) is the fantastical actions that the characters can use. The fact that they are there in full strength now (in contrast to early 1.0, they had some great animations during 1.21+) makes me really happy.

Jijidasu

I wonder how much the large house will cost and if my near 70m will be enough for it.

Will all crafts at 50 that will be my personal museum.

Hope it's enough for our FC home lol! ;P

Edit: That desert region shown in the beginning of the letter and in the walkthrough Pt.2 is Sagolii Desert. It wasn't accessible in 1.0. Yay for opening up the regions!

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member

Aeana

Seems like that crossbar main menu will indeed be in the PC version when using the gamepad. I expected it, but I'm glad to hear from someone at SE that that is indeed the case.

Teknoman

Totally fine with it. The looping music made it get old eventually in FF11.

Well its not that, its just that it literally seems to be just a segment of music that lasts for 15 seconds, then silence for awhile, then it abruptly starts again.

I guess its not bad, it just needs to have a longer play time, then cut out. Then again I could listen to XI OST forever, so maybe its just me.

This would mean that certain overworld tracks for the CE OST would be like...15-20 seconds long.

Aeana

Well its not that, its just that it literally seems to be just a segment of music that lasts for 15 seconds, then silence for awhile, then it abruptly starts again.

I guess its not bad, it just needs to have a longer play time, then cut out. Then again I could listen to XI OST forever, so maybe its just me.

This would mean that certain overworld tracks for the CE OST would be like...15-20 seconds long.
I literally cannot listen to the Jeuno music anymore. My body rejects it.

Xux

I think they'll be pieced together into longer tracks. I remember a post from Soken that described the clips being meant to play into each other as you ran through the region. So if you ran from Gridania to Thanalan you'd get a full Twelveswood theme...I guess if you ran North-Center-East-South maybe...? I remember each clip being closer to a minute from that music leak that was going around.

Teknoman

I think they'll be pieced together into longer tracks. I remember a post from Soken that described the clips being meant to play into each other as you ran through the region. So if you ran from Gridania to Thanalan you'd get a full Twelveswood theme...I guess if you ran North-Center-East-South maybe...? I remember each clip being closer to a minute from that music leak that was going around.

I'd be fine with that.

EDIT: Oh man...that water ruins area is nice looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom