• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Yep. I was pretty shocked to have one-shot Turn 4 in duty finder with complete strangers after struggling with it back in October.

Ditto with Turn 1, though pugging T4 can still be hit or miss even with the echo. Biggest problem there being that, occasionally you get people that are set on using strategies that're either outright bad, put too much stress on X-Y or Z players, or are just unusual enough that people don't know how to execute them.

People that go in using the more or less standard strategy you see on most videos and such, tend not to have an issue these days.

Yep. I was pretty shocked to have one-shot Turn 4 in duty finder with complete strangers after struggling with it back in October.

Well you usually get 2 types of people in duty finder. Ones that have no experience and trying to learn the fight, and ones that know how to do it very well and just dont give a fuck lol. You got that 2nd option.

Kinda bummed they don't have levi in duty finder. that would be fun for a few runs and at least help people practice. Instead of ppl trying to sneak into a farm party to only get kicked 2 runs later lol

Now that Im thinking about it I thought you couldn't duty find coil unless it was a full premade party

Teknoman

BTW, speaking of Crystal Tower, what do people want to drop there when they open up the next floor in 2.3?

I'm kinda torn between, ilvl110 accessories, ilvl105 weapons, though I am fairly certain that I want to see Sand/Oils of Time and Unidentified Allagan Tomestones as rare drops for CT-2.

I, guess the accessory drops might be mitigated by whatever new Primals they introduce. They've gotta drop some new ilvl110 accessories somewhere though, especially for Tanks. :p

Personally I just want some better boss battles / new enemy models. And of course some actual dungeon mechanics.

Labyrinth of the Ancients...pfft.

Jomjom

Banned
Has anyone tried to register a game to their account when they already had the maximum subscription time (180 days)? I know Mogstation wont let you enter any more time cards or pay for more time, but im wondering if I'll still get my free 30 days if i register my PS3 copy.

In case anyone was wondering (probably no one), but apparently the 30 day free subs that come with copies of the game are not capped. I just checked with customer service and they confirmed that registering the PS3 copy of the game to my account will take my subscription time from 179 days to 209 days.

I'm set for a long time lol.

I only did this because I upgraded my PS3 copy to PS4, but bought a PS3 copy super cheap so that I could play on all the available platforms.

zewone

Probably a dumb question, but I'll ask anyways.

When I finally get to level 30 LNC (and level 15 MRD...grr.) will my DRG be level 30 or level 1 when I switch classes?

man, one thing that's really been bugging me in this game…….

when it comes to buying materials that you need to for crafting……

I HATE that the fact that people would sell like 99 of the item.

Man, I dont need that many. I need like one or two of the item.

They'd be like 100gil a piece, but like ten damn grande total, because you have to buy the entire stack. You can't just buy one or two or how ever many you may need out of the 99 stack unless a person is specifically selling one or two.

This puts my crafting process on hold because some materials, I cant find from venders and dont know where to find them out in the world and some of them are rare. I would like to buy them off someone but I dont want friggin 99 of them.

They'd be like 100gil a piece, but like ten damn grande total, because you have to buy the entire stack. You can't just buy one or two or how ever many you may need out of the 99 stack unless a person is specifically selling one or two.

This puts my crafting process on hold because some materials, I can find from venders and dont know where to find them out in the world and some of them are rare. I would like to buy them off someone but I dont want friggin 99 of them.
That's why the more intelligent players sell smaller stacks at a slightly higher price. You can get good money doing this.

kaioshade

This puts my crafting process on hold because some materials, I can find from venders and dont know where to find them out in the world and some of them are rare. I would like to buy them off someone but I dont want friggin 99 of them.

This also drives me insane. This is why i usually put stacks of 5-10.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'm sure this has been answered at some point in the thread, but if I have an existing account from the PC version and I activate the code that came with my PS4 game, will I get the benefit of the 30 days?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Finally got myself a fat bird.
Took me a dozen leves to get that driving license, but it was worth it.
Such a glorious steed.

Gaz_RB

Finally got myself a fat bird.
Took me a dozen leves to get that driving license, but it was worth it.
Such a glorious steed.

I've been using the fat one for when I am using a crafter/gathering class (seems appropriate), and then sticking with my awesome Coeurl for my THM class. My badass mage don't ride on no fat chocobos

This also drives me insane. This is why i usually put stacks of 5-10.

I do this EXACT thing. I only sell high quality items and when i do, they are usually in stacks of 5-10 just like you said. its the perfect size to either do one or two crafting projects and bit a extra if you want to make more in the future or its the projects fail.

99 is WWAAAYYYY too much for any project.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I've been using the fat one for when I am using a crafter/gathering class (seems appropriate), and then sticking with my awesome Coeurl for my THM class. My badass mage don't ride on no fat chocobos

You lack vision. This is the ride that we ride into dreams.

WolvenOne

Personally I just want some better boss battles / new enemy models. And of course some actual dungeon mechanics.

Labyrinth of the Ancients...pfft.

Well the original design for the Labyrinth had to be scrapped unfortunately. Originally they were going to make the whole thing like the Atomos fight, where in alliances split into three groups and had to progress to different parts of the dungeon, and your success and progression was at least partially dependent on what those other parties are doing.

Anyone whom has been stuck with a hapless party during the Atomos portion of the Labyrinth will know why this design was scrapped. It's an interesting idea, and i'd love to see it dusted off for something else in the future, but, for a casual raid like CT it'd be disastrous.

Unfortunately, scrapping the design, probably did hurt the overall design of the Labyrinth. As is, it's a bit of a clumsy obtuse raid, though I will assert that is fun enough with competent players.

Hopefully, the next floor will be more polished and enjoyable overall. Not having to rework the design in fairly short order should help some at least.

Alright, I've created another character in Ultros by the name of "Vox Chaotica", a Level 1 Conjurer. Could I get an invite to the FC? I'll probably be online for the next hour and a half or so.

EDIT: Alright, I submitted a recruitment form and applied, now I'm just waiting.

I do this EXACT thing. I only sell high quality items and when i do, they are usually in stacks of 5-10 just like you said. its the perfect size to either do one or two crafting projects and bit a extra if you want to make more in the future or its the projects fail.

99 is WWAAAYYYY too much for any project.

Ahh the market board. There's money to be made here by just paying a little attention and doing next to nothing. It seems incredibly underutilized. Probably because those doing end game stuff no longer need money, the good gear is untradable and doesn't use materia. However while leveling it's a pretty decent source of money IMO. Last night I made a cool 25k with very little effort, which compared to the other sources I have to make money at my level is pretty good.

There are so many ways to earn money without crafting at all. I get at least 25k a night easily without even trying. Then again, money has never been a factor in this game.

WolvenOne

Ahh the market board. There's money to be made here by just paying a little attention and doing next to nothing. It seems incredibly underutilized. Probably because those doing end game stuff no longer need money, the good gear is untradable and doesn't use materia. However while leveling it's a pretty decent source of money IMO. Last night I made a cool 25k with very little effort, which compared to the other sources I have to make money at my level is pretty good.

I use a combination of the market board and "being a tank," to make money. I usually get a few thousand gil bonus for my Duty Roulette's, since Tanks are always in short supply. So if you multiply that by several different roulette's, over the course of seven days it translates into quite a lot.

Then there's the market board. If you're willing to farm certain enemies while waiting for certain duties and fates to pop you can make a, LOT of money. When I had to wait for Fate to pop in Eastern Thanalan, I ended up making over 20K gil, since the most readily available monster to farm had a valuable semi-rare drop.

So, if you put it together, yeah you can make a lot of money that way. I'm up to about 1.7 mil Gil right now, and only about 400K of that came from selling Myth Mats.

Edit: Gotta have money for that personal housing in 2.3, not to mention mounts, and potentially that Leo Armor too. Lots of reason to be building up your Gil reserves right now.

IvorB

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do I get the option to view company info once I have selected a GAF company member in game. I don't see it anywhere...

Gaz_RB

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do I get the option to view company info once I have selected a GAF company member in game. I don't see it anywhere...

If you're on PS4, you'll be hitting square once you have them selected to bring up menu. From there you can examine them to get to the FC info screen.

Shakka

I'm think about getting this, but I can't decide between the PC and PS4 version. I'd actually prefer playing on console, but I don't have nor do I want a keyboard for my PS4.

What I'd like to know is, do most people who play this on PS4 use one? If not, how do you communicate instead? Is the virtual keyboard a viable alternative? Can you voice chat with group members?

WolvenOne

I'm think about getting this, but I can't decide between the PC and PS4 version. I'd actually prefer playing on console, but I don't have nor do I want a keyboard for my PS4.

What I'd like to know is, do most people who play this on PS4 use one? If not, how do you communicate instead? Is the virtual keyboard a viable alternative? Can you voice chat with group members?

You use a laptop or a smartphone to communicate with a small number of people via voice chat programs. However, that said, that won't be an option for most people you meet. In most encounters, you'll have to do at least a little typing.

I think you'll probably want a keyboard. I just bought a cheap and small wireless keyboard from Amazon for about $10-$15 and set it on the table in front of me while I play.

btkadams

a fellow gaffer, dustytruly, told me that he applied to the FC and his request must not have gone through. would someone be able to add him? his character name is "So Hard". he's playing right now in ultros.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
a fellow gaffer, dustytruly, told me that he applied to the FC and his request must not have gone through. would someone be able to add him? his character name is "So Hard". he's playing right now in ultros.

How many times do people have to tell that guy to sign up for an account on the guildworks site?

Aeana

He needs to apply on the website as well.

Taruranto

Finally I can cosplay the pope

lsH4He0.jpg

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Press the touchpad in a couple of times until your cursor moves over to the window on the right that says give commendation, then hit confirm.

everything is happening so fast and that damn cursor sucks a lot. i feel like a fool,. people give me accommodations but i cannot even return the favor.

everything is happening so fast and that damn cursor sucks a lot. i feel like a fool,. people give me accommodations but i cannot even return the favor.

i was there. just focus on doing it while they pop the loot chests right after the cutscene(which you should just skip). youll be a pro in no time.

Tabris

Turn off the touchpad mouse controls and turn on extended controls. Then you just hit the touchpad button twice to select on that element on the screen (first one will select chat window incase you want to expand, next will select elements on the right)

Jomjom

Banned

Don't use the cursor. Click the touchpad on the left side (or was it on the right side?) twice and it should put you on the commendation. Hit X once and pick the person. Simple as that. On PS4 I can give a guy a commendation about 2 seconds after I'm done loading.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
i was there. just focus on doing it while they pop the loot chests right after the cutscene(which you should just skip). youll be a pro in no time.

Turn off the touchpad mouse controls and turn on extended controls. Then you just hit the touchpad button twice to select on that element on the screen (first one will select chat window incase you want to expand, next will select elements on the right)

thanks i will try that.

I use a combination of the market board and "being a tank," to make money. I usually get a few thousand gil bonus for my Duty Roulette's, since Tanks are always in short supply. So if you multiply that by several different roulette's, over the course of seven days it translates into quite a lot.

Then there's the market board. If you're willing to farm certain enemies while waiting for certain duties and fates to pop you can make a, LOT of money. When I had to wait for Fate to pop in Eastern Thanalan, I ended up making over 20K gil, since the most readily available monster to farm had a valuable semi-rare drop.

So, if you put it together, yeah you can make a lot of money that way. I'm up to about 1.7 mil Gil right now, and only about 400K of that came from selling Myth Mats.

Edit: Gotta have money for that personal housing in 2.3, not to mention mounts, and potentially that Leo Armor too. Lots of reason to be building up your Gil reserves right now.

damn son, you ballin.

The most I ever had in this game is 33k at once.

But thats just from leveling up my crafting classes. Haven't really got into any serious market board selling. Just selling off the high quality materials I no longer needed.

Alex

I make my money off of map drops, odds and ends of crafting (the more crafting jobs you have the more money you can expect to make), dungeon runs (brayflox HM has given me quite a bit as of late, all the crafting mats, Darklight trade ins for venture coins and I got lucky and got an Opo Opo once) and basically just selling anything that isn't bolted down

The last month or two of gameplay sent me from the 350k stockpile I had from the start of the game up to 2.7 million, and that is without too much effort. Now, watch as I squander it all on completely stupid shit, like buying a 75k pair of rose gold earrings for transmog...I make very daft choices when I'm comfortable with my savings in games.

Prior to 2.3, I also used to do materia melding on CT runs on my WHM (very helpful if you have Goldsmith for this, so you can make crafter jewelry for pennies), felt good to get a good IV materia worth 35-40k. It'd probably still be great money but... I really don't ever want to see CT again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom