• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valor

Nah man, there are some seriously good changes made and I'm looking forward to wasting my time choco racing once more. You owe me those bard pants, though. I won't forget that.
Jeeze, now my backlog of poetics upgrade items is gonna get worse if I have to wait three weeks to use the tomestone.
This is an oversight, yeah. Shoulda uncapped poetics... maybe they'll just add that in sometime before Heavensward. Maybe.

please share the math
1 blue + 1 green + 2 red = 10 wipes

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Never taken part in the TT tournaments before. Unless I'm missing something it doesn't seem like they really changed much to deal with the win trading (unsurprisingly).

scy

1 blue + 1 green + 2 red = 10 wipes

2*B + 2*R = X?

Never taken part in the TT tournaments before. Unless I'm missing something it doesn't seem like they really changed much to deal with the win trading (unsurprisingly).

My best guess is they're moving away from top 3 positions to just reach a points threshold. So probably adjusting to remove the win-trading from screwing over people rather than removing win-trading itself.

studyguy

kek. Nerfed the trash to Final Coil.
ahahahhaa, not even the boss. The trash in 10 no one fights and the trash in 11 that each side races to beat before the other team.

Stuart444

So SCoB finally got it's upgrade to 20% echo making it on par with FCoB's echo.

Why was the trash nerfed in FCoB anyway? Never heard any complaints about the trash.

Final story stuff before Heavensward including a new trial. :D Should be good.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So SCoB finally got it's upgrade to 20% echo making it on par with FCoB's echo.

Why was the trash nerfed in FCoB anyway? Never heard any complaints about the trash.

Final story stuff before Heavensward including a new trial. :D Should be good.

T10 trash is generally skipped these days by metalgearing past it, but if you don't, it's really easy to let lots of monsters spawn and they can blend the party into adventure dust in five seconds flat, and dreadnaughts in T11 hit like a steam train setting a speed record.
It's just generally annoying to deal with all this.

Tabris

I never understood why Dreads were such an issue in T11. Party A in our group never had an issue with them but Party B would die sometimes.

Asami, why did your party die? ^^

iammeiam

I actually tried to infiltrate a magic-side T11 trash group this week to find out why they always die.

I was immediately sent away. They all died.

Whatever happens over there remains a secret.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
My best guess is they're moving away from top 3 positions to just reach a points threshold. So probably adjusting to remove the win-trading from screwing over people rather than removing win-trading itself.
That makes sense. Realistically that was probably the quickest and easiest way to deal with the problem in that short amount of time.

I actually tried to infiltrate a magic-side T11 trash group this week to find out why they always die.

I was immediately sent away. They all died.

Whatever happens over there remains a secret.
What

It's the physical side that used to get destroyed in my group.

scy

Generally speaking, it's usually threat is put primarily on the Valiant and the other two are AoE'd down. This tends to mean those adds run loose on the healer since AoEing the whole group down is slower than just burning things down single-target wise.

Probably would be a lot smoother with full single-target damage on the two smaller adds and then doing the Valiant. Alternatively, PLD tanking that side and just holding them all via Flash rather than via reduced physical damage Overpower / Steel Cyclone. Also doesn't help that usually there's a lack of cooldowns on the tank here too.

but it's also funny to let the tank die and make the other group wait

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I was looking through my old screenshots back from April 2014.
Some were quite cute.

zamlGzW.png

fMBReOC.png

xGRJv9R.png

YV6LH2h.png

Stuart444

That one made me laugh haha.

SV I think was probably the first dungeon where we actually ran out of time (right before the final boss which we wiped on a few times) and had to rerun the dungeon again.

Might have also happened in Brayflox as well but Bray is fuzzier in my memory lol. (I'm sure we did it in one run though, but with a few wipes)

I have been playing this game for 2 weeks, and while I really like the game, I am annoyed by the constant spam of /tells from gil sellers. Some have even sent me friends requests, making it difficult for me to add them to my blacklist. I have only been playing for 2 weeks, and I have already filled my blacklist.

It would be nice if Square Enix limited new players so they could only /tell 10 distinct players an hour. This way we could prevent these spammers from sending /tells to every player in the game.

Just put yourself on the busy status, that way they can't send you tells. Of course that means no one else can send you tells but at this point, most people I see have the busy signal out so eh.

Because of how bad it has gotten, I've started to put busy on.

I'd rather not have to since you can get 'can you raise me?' tells or just random tells (actually I got one of these a few weeks back when alexandrite farming thanking me for helping with the fate) but even with the sound off, the tells are irritating and no amount of blacklisting or reporting is stopping them :/.

Stuart444

I've gotten used to ignoring them but yeah I've put Busy on recently when I can't ignore it for whatever reason. Busy keeps me sane.

Also when I get back into game, I'm putting mount music on and getting on my Magitek mount. :D

Guess this brings up a small conundrum. Do I cap out tomorrow and get the magitek axe, or get some more ironworks armor of fending and uncurse it, cause right now my entire right side is mostly demon stuff save for 1 augmented ironworks head piece. I suppose the axe would have immediate short term efficacy. I feel like if I do get the axe though I'll never finish the Ragnarok lol

Qvoth

can you still beat imperial with beastmen ascension deck?
if you can't then that's the end of TT for me, not going to bother anymore, already got gambler coat and pants anyway, feet and gloves aren't that important to me

Frumix

Suffering From Success
"51","TEXT_GAIUSE616_00428_SYSTEM_000_021","Upon proceeding to the intercessory, several cutscenes will play in sequence."
"52","TEXT_GAIUSE616_00428_SYSTEM_000_022","It is recommended that you set aside sufficient time to view these scenes in their entirety."

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Eldren

The player-matching algorithm change is probably to do with the 3 new jobs, right?
And hopefully queueing with a chocobo out...

Happy to see the encrypted tomestone added to the weekly quest but the poetics cap is still in place which is a bit awkward. I made sure I capped last night so I only need 2 weeks to afford an ironworks weapon. I don't even need one really, I don't raid or anything, it's just nice to have something to aim for. Maybe I'll work on the armour first with a mix of WoD gear and then think about weapons later.

Also I have Rogue to level 26 now, finally learnt Aeolian Edge so my combos will be slightly more interesting (slightly...) I'm starting to get a little concerned about how I'm going to fit everything on to my cross hotbars. How useful is Sneak Attack? You have to use it from the front which doesn't seem ideal. Also what's the best way to use Goad? I can't see anyone else's TP so should I just throw it at the tank if I see myself getting low, assuming they're at roughly the same number (discounting Invigorate)?

Stuart444

Now to dodge reddit and Gaf for spoilers, only on through the maelstrom storyline :(

Probably for the best, even with spoiler tag rules, there is always that one person who ruins it for others :p (or people who have low self control when they see spoiler tags lol)

hey, another I guess more MNK specific T13 question...

When do you guys use Perfect Balance in add phase? I usually use it on the Blood/Pain as soon as they spawn but my GL3 then falls off during the second divebomb so I don't have it for the Storm. Should I hold it for the Storm, or keep using it when I am? Do you guys have a trick for keeping it up for the Storm or is it just a "deal with it" situation?

thanks again for the tips.

Moaradin

hey, another I guess more MNK specific T13 question...

When do you guys use Perfect Balance in add phase? I usually use it on the Blood/Pain as soon as they spawn but my GL3 then falls off during the second divebomb so I don't have it for the Storm. Should I hold it for the Storm, or keep using it when I am? Do you guys have a trick for keeping it up for the Storm or is it just a "deal with it" situation?

thanks again for the tips.

Use it on Storm. Then hit on the little dragons during the transition to the last phase.

Sorian

Banned
Use it on Storm. Then hit on the little dragons during the transition to the last phase.

And hope your BLM doesn't kill the little dragons while he is spamming blizz I to keep his MP at full going into last phase ^^

Edit: Hmm, top of page. What to say, what to say. Lalas suck, RIP sultana, no one cares.

Double edit: I think I'm logging in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom