• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvorB

Feel like I'm the only one here whom is still putting most of my energy into FFXIV.

Granted, that's mostly because I'm still working on the final phase on T13, aaaand will then have to work on farming everything I want out of it, but still.

I'm still on this at the mo'. I've only just started leveling a new class after all this time and I'm really digging it. I'm thinking to buy Bloodborne this week but I'm a bit wary since the last few games I bought turned out to be a waste of money as I just went back to playing this. Maybe I have a problem. Admittedly one of them was Shadows of Mordor which was as average a game as you could ever hope to find. Would be nice if some decent non-fantasy games came out. I wanna shoot people.

That said: my bard is now level 35 which means it's almost time for... Qarn!! Managed to complete the whole Breaching the Hive and Clearing the Hive FATEs with just my choco today. It was pretty epic. :)

EriksBlue

Banned
27dd3141.jpg

omg this is so cute <3

ViciousDS

Banned
Ultros is our main FC?

I'm about to start up here, not a first time player I have gotten at least 1 job on another server.....but I'm definitely not uber knowledgeable in FFXIV. So a good group would be nice

scy

Not everyone in the thread is on Ultros but the majority of us are. There's also a presence on Sargatanas if you already have a character there.

I finally got another month the other day but I haven't played in awhile and struggling to choose which class to level. Oh the joys of mmos. My main question is are rogues that different from dragoons? I already have a lv 50 dragoon and paladin but I'm stuck between thaumaturge and rogue which to level next

chrono01

So, I'm not sure how many of you are aware, but I love collecting figures. This is why, when they unveiled the CE of Heavensward, I felt a strong need to add it to my collection. Not only for the dragon statue, but for the artbook.

However, Square-Enix being Square-Enix, it seems like they're restricting the PC Collector's Edition to their online store. Not a real problem if you live in the US, as I believe they offer free shipping? Not so if you live in Canada! Not only do I get charged over $30 for shipping, but it'll be via a priority courier [probably UPS], which means extra brokerage when they deliver. My total for the PC CE, as well as shipping, is just under $169 USD. That, converted into CDN currency [thank you, Canadian dollar!] is $214. That's before any additional duties/taxes I'm sure I'll have to pay on it, which could be as much as another $30 [possibly more].

I love FFXIV, and I love getting physical Collector's Editions of games I enjoy. I already own the CE for A Realm Reborn, which wasn't nearly as expensive as this one is. I'm sure the dragon figure will be nice, but I'm finding it extremely difficult to essentially pay 3x/4x the cost for a dragon statue and an artbook [of which will likely get an "extended" version released at a later time]. There's other things in the CE, of course, but I can't imagine the Blu-ray being anything more than something I watch once and forever put back in its case.

So, given this circumstances, I'm thinking I might actually go with the digital CE [for the bonus items] and just leave it at that. It's unfortunate that SE seems so content to leave things like this as exclusives at their store. Sure, they allow International customers, but when shipping costs as much as they charge [and the applicable duties that are placed on them afterwards] it doesn't really matter. I would have gladly purchased the CE, here in Canada, for a mark-up of something like $149.99 [due to our dollar], but to spend $240? Yeah, I'm not comfortable with that. :/

OH! Don't worry. My rant is now over. You are all free.
To continue playing Bloodborne.

WolvenOne

*headdesk* Headdesk**headdesk* Headdesk**headdesk* Headdesk**headdesk* Headdesk**headdesk* Headdesk**headdesk* Headdesk**headdesk* Headdesk**headdesk* Headdesk**headdesk* Headdesk**headdesk* Headdesk**headdesk* Headdesk**headdesk* Headdesk*

Twelve, percent, last run of the night.

So close.

scy

I'm sure it's a fine game. A fine game indeed.

However, for me personally, there can only be one [Bloodborne]. Definitely a great month for gamers, though. :)

Everyone doesn't have a PS4 for Bloodborne!
a little sad I'm missing out on the best time to be playing this game

chrono01

Everyone doesn't have a PS4 for Bloodborne!
a little sad I'm missing out on the best time to be playing this game
Sorry man. :(

Don't worry, though. Given the popularity, I'm sure it'll be played for a while yet, especially if they continue to release DLC/content for it. I know I was late starting Demon's Souls, and even still, there were still lots of people playing it [starting new characters/builds/etc.]. There's still a chance!

Valor

That's the worst part, we wiped at Demon Wall :(

also, you went to 1 HP, that natural holmgang \o/
What the hell are you guys up to when I decide to call it an early night? Sheesh.

Patch Notes said:
The effects of foul weather have been reduced.
The effects of foul weather on foul weather racing chocobos and the cunning attribute have been adjusted.
I knew it D: Poor fair weather chocobros.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The HP and damage dealt by enemies that appear prior to the boss in The Final Coil of Bahamut &#8211; Turn 1 has been reduced.
The HP and damage dealt by Valiant in The Final Coil of Bahamut &#8211; Turn 2 has been reduced.
We're not worthy.

Poetics are not unlocked so idk.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I honestly didn't have time for Chocobo Racing with all the other things to do, even though I found my first couple of attempts really fun. Maybe now is the time.

Xux

Jeeze, now my backlog of poetics upgrade items is gonna get worse if I have to wait three weeks to use the tomestone.

iammeiam

Trash nerfs but no T11 circle nerfs? Square pls.

I knew I should have capped. All these poverty i130 weapons I'm going to have to save up for. D:

Started an AKHM with ~15m to go. Healer bailed so we got Korra in with like 7m left?

Made it to Demon Wall before everyone 90k'd.

More specifically, Bookey and Korra 90k'd, leaving us healer less and tankless but bee-having. It did not end well. Bard Holmgang too weak.

Then after RIP we 90k'd.

dcye

So, I'm not sure how many of you are aware, but I love collecting figures. This is why, when they unveiled the CE of Heavensward, I felt a strong need to add it to my collection. Not only for the dragon statue, but for the artbook.

However, Square-Enix being Square-Enix, it seems like they're restricting the PC Collector's Edition to their online store. Not a real problem if you live in the US, as I believe they offer free shipping? Not so if you live in Canada! Not only do I get charged over $30 for shipping, but it'll be via a priority courier [probably UPS], which means extra brokerage when they deliver. My total for the PC CE, as well as shipping, is just under $169 USD. That, converted into CDN currency [thank you, Canadian dollar!] is $214. That's before any additional duties/taxes I'm sure I'll have to pay on it, which could be as much as another $30 [possibly more].

I love FFXIV, and I love getting physical Collector's Editions of games I enjoy. I already own the CE for A Realm Reborn, which wasn't nearly as expensive as this one is. I'm sure the dragon figure will be nice, but I'm finding it extremely difficult to essentially pay 3x/4x the cost for a dragon statue and an artbook [of which will likely get an "extended" version released at a later time]. There's other things in the CE, of course, but I can't imagine the Blu-ray being anything more than something I watch once and forever put back in its case.

So, given this circumstances, I'm thinking I might actually go with the digital CE [for the bonus items] and just leave it at that. It's unfortunate that SE seems so content to leave things like this as exclusives at their store. Sure, they allow International customers, but when shipping costs as much as they charge [and the applicable duties that are placed on them afterwards] it doesn't really matter. I would have gladly purchased the CE, here in Canada, for a mark-up of something like $149.99 [due to our dollar], but to spend $240? Yeah, I'm not comfortable with that. :/

OH! Don't worry. My rant is now over. You are all free.
To continue playing Bloodborne.

It costs $300 Australian in Australian retailers. Poor bub.

scy

Trash nerfs but no T11 circle nerfs? Square pls.

I knew I should have capped. All these poverty i130 weapons I'm going to have to save up for. D:

time to remember to EXDR randomly during the week

More specifically, Bookey and Korra 90k'd, leaving us healer less and tankless but bee-having. It did not end well. Bard Holmgang too weak.

Then after RIP we 90k'd.

could've two manned the boss np

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom