• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

I'm still waiting for pre-orders on Steam. I rather like going through the service, since I can get messages and all that. Rather annoyed that they won't just let me pre-order already. :p

in no recommended order:

- the chronicles of hildibrand quests, he will be your new senpai
- delivery moogle mini-scenario quests
I plan to do these soon but I'm not a big fan of quests or side storylines.
- final fishing xiv (the true endgame)
One day.
- join the hunt and hunt things and maybe get gaf'd
I try to join what I can but no one ever gives me a hunt linkpearl. =(
- purchase a house or (realistically) a room in the FC estate & customize to your liking
- gardening (ideal if you have your own place, FC has designated peeps but maybe they want help?)
Not that high on my list of stuff, maybe one day.
- make friends with four beastmen tribes & do their daily chores (story stuff here too)
Plan to but not sure when
- level up and customize your chocobo companion
Insanely slow. I'll just address minions/mounts in this one too - don't like minions or any type of pet system. But sure I plan to customize the choco's looks a bit. Mounts I'll have Behemoth and then flying mounts coming soon so I'm not too concerned.
- pvp in the wolves den or frontlines
I try to pvp a bit but the queues make it hard to get too much in. I'd have to just dedicate a weekend to pvp or something, which I can't with all the other stuff to do right now. Though yes the gear does look cool.
- get eternally bonded (player marriage) to your favorite someone & have a crazy wedding
Zero interest unless someone just needs a partner for whatever reason? If so, sure, I'll be your random partner.
- relic quest (long grind ahead of you, but if you want bragging rights...)
It shall be done.
- complete the sightseeing log (cool lore stuff here)
Forgot to unlock this! Thanks for reminding me!
- play triple triad against npcs or your friends
I'll put everything under Gold Saucer here - I'd like to do racing and more Triad but other stuff trumps it right now.
- winebaud's riddles (puzzle quest chain with no hints or handholding in quest log)
No clue what this is actually.
- collect or buy solo/party treasure maps then go dig them up for loot
Only treasure map I'm looking forward to is Alexandrite.
- level another combat/crafting/gathering class
Most likely will get Paladin and the gathering classes up before expansion.
- make money/xp completeing challenge log objectives
- make money crafting/gathering/spiritbonding/selling clears to lazy people
I don't think I'll need money for anything but my actual relic weapon at this point so I'm not too worried.
- visit the aesthetician and get a new look or don't
I do this like every week. Why I want to change back to a male character. -_-;
- go achievement hunting (a truckton)
A bit late in the game to take it too seriously right now but I do like getting titles.
- roleplay (i won't judge you)
- erotic roleplay (ok, i will judge you)
Gaf is already weird enough without this. They collect Amiibos.

iammeiam

Patch tomorrow right?
Pillars has me stuck.

Patch tonight, yeah.

As far as I can tell this will give me exactly one day of things to do in-game before exhausting the story and going back to idling on the stables while I get back to the important business of poking people in the soul and often cringing at the results (one guy
rips his own broken fingers off what
. It's not really doing FFXIV's story any favors. Unless Minfilia dies. Then all hail the FFXIV writing staff.

WolvenOne

Problem with killing off Minfillia, is that, well I get the impression that she's a popular waifu among Japanese players, aaaaaand while this might be an unfair generalization, I get the impression that a lot of Japanese gamers take such things way too seriously. I'm not sure the writing staff is brave enough to kill her off at this point.

If they were, near the end of the last story quest would've been the logical place to do it.

studyguy

Patch tonight, yeah.

As far as I can tell this will give me exactly one day of things to do in-game before exhausting the story and going back to idling on the stables while I get back to the important business of poking people in the soul and often cringing at the results (one guy
. It's not really doing FFXIV's story any favors. Unless Minfilia dies. Then all hail the FFXIV writing staff.

It's fine. I'm just going to go back to Pillars anyway and blast everything with my broken ass party I had no idea was bugged...

iammeiam

It's fine. I'm just going to go back to Pillars anyway and blast everything with my broken ass party I had no idea was bugged...

Not gonna lie, if I can get to the end of the game before they patch it I'm going to bug out each and every companion and then just steamroll the Endless Paths. #filthycasuallife

studyguy

Not gonna lie, if I can get to the end of the game before they patch it I'm going to bug out each and every companion and then just steamroll the Endless Paths. #filthycasuallife

I'm seriously tempted to do the same just to fuck around. I mean I'm at the 6th level and the normal enemies are all fucking wrecking my anus. There's a ton too right there... shit was like.

tumblr_ltl8w7Ms8d1qcncvlo1_400.jpg

Sorian

Banned
All this pillars of eternity talk, where's the bloodborne players at?

Game made me annoyed last night when it stuck me in an area where everything was wrecking my shit. Got my bearings at least but didn't feel up to finding the boss of the place yet.

scy

...poking people in the soul and often cringing at the results (one guy

I had to read it twice to make sure I got what it was saying right. RIP "He pulled? At wh--OH RIGHT."

it certainly beats all the early game variations of blushing people getting pickpocketed / paying, random acts of violence, and lesbians.

People can like a character without making them into a waifu, geez.

We can?

All this pillars of eternity talk, where's the bloodborne players at?

harder to alt-tab bloodborne

WolvenOne

Feel like I'm the only one here whom is still putting most of my energy into FFXIV.

Granted, that's mostly because I'm still working on the final phase on T13, aaaand will then have to work on farming everything I want out of it, but still.

iammeiam

Bloodborne is too hard!

FFXIV is suffering from a couple of games targeting its primary fanbases (nerds, PS4 owners) coinciding with a massive content lull. There'll be bursts of activity for things like farming but this is the first time coil has been unlocked before there's a Next Big Thing. We've got three months to farm stuff before the gear goes obsolete. It's a looooong time.

WolvenOne

Bloodborne is too hard!

FFXIV is suffering from a couple of games targeting its primary fanbases (nerds, PS4 owners) coinciding with a massive content lull. There'll be bursts of activity for things like farming but this is the first time coil has been unlocked before there's a Next Big Thing. We've got three months to farm stuff before the year goes obsolete. It's a looooong time.

I'm aware of that, and to be fair I'll probably poke at other games a bit before the expansion hits, particular in May. I'm just not hit as hard by the content lull, since I got a late start on FCOB.

WolvenOne

Anyone have advice for furniture I can put on my walls? There's only so many clocks I can put up before it gets silly, I have most of the decent pictures, and I really don't want to start hanging Behemoth and Ifrit heads everywhere, (taaaack.)

I guess that leaves, what, wall lamps?

I like to think there was a point in time where I was in Drama's good books. She even translated a manga chapter for me and made the banner in the manga thread after the book club for me!

Funnily enough, all of that was before I started raiding with her...

hrm.

WolvenOne

Don't say that, they'll probably kill the only lalafell I like (costa del sol guy)

he actually has immunity from dying because he is playable in triple triad

Ah, the guy that has the hots for Minfillia's mom? (Momfillia?)

......how the heck is cross species, stuff, supposed to work in XIVerse anyway?

I'm kinda afraid of the answer, actually.

Sorian

Banned

According to one of the podcasts I listen to that interviewed ....uh I forget his name now, Koji Fox or something? This is actually getting touched on early on in Heavensward and might actually get some screen time tomorrow.

wtf kayos

why do you always make it awkward

one of these days I will find a way to delete your comma button once and for all.

WolvenOne

According to one of the podcasts I listen to that interviewed ....uh I forget his name now, Koji Fox or something? This is actually getting touched on early on in Heavensward and might actually get some screen time tomorrow.

Okay, good, cause it is a weird little subject. That sort of thing doesn't appear to be, TOO uncommon in Eorzea, but, since the land isn't crawling with Roe-Cats, I'm guessing these relationships can't, uh, lead to anything. <_<;;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom