• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Patch 3.1: "As Goes Light So Goes Darkness" trailer up, out Nov 10.

Shamdeo

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkRTO7co_Yc

The game that keeps on giving!

Out November 10th 2015.

Official website: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/
NeoGAF OT, with lots of helpful info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1128008

Major additions:
• Heavensward's Main Scenario continues...
• Exploratory Missions - The Diadem: join up with your free company (or not) to explore a high level wilderness for rare mobs and rarer spoils.
• The Manderville Gold Saucer - Lord of Verminion minigame - use your minions in a strategy game.
• Dungeons: Saint Mocianne's Arboretum & Pharos Sirius (Hard)
• Vanu Vanu Beast Tribe quests
• The Minstrel's Ballad: Thordan's Reign (Extreme-tier difficulty)
• Void Ark - 24 Man raid

xivb2yxl.jpg

Previous content updates (trailers):
• Patch 2.1: A Realm Awoken
• Patch 2.2: Through the Maelstrom
• Patch 2.3: Defenders of Eorzea
• Patch 2.4: Dreams of Ice
• Patch 2.5: Before the Fall
• Expansion 3.0: Heavensward

dancelalasyxwh.gif

Lazaro

Damn, I'm seeing FFXIV everywhere now.

I want to play the game but I don't want to give up my real life...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
They aren't adding the new relic questline with this patch? November 10th? Lol goodbye FFXIV. It was fun but HW has been bad and many RPGs await for now.

Atolm

I just resubbed today to play Heavensward's contents. I guess I'll play for two months or so. I'm not going to get into endgame anymore.

Played this game during the summer up until the content linking A Realm Reborn to Heavensward. So I guess 2.1 - 2.5.

Never got to Heavensward because that is actually a lot of stuff to do ]:

LaneDS

Probably going to sit this one out and wait until a few major patches are out to play in one go, like I did with ARR.

Enjoyed HW but they really need to examine their approach to end game for future expansions or they'll continue to see these extreme peaks and valleys after a launch. Seems more noticeable here than with other MMOs.

Severance

Probably going to sit this one out and wait until a few major patches are out to play in one go, like I did with ARR.

Enjoyed HW but they really need to examine their approach to end game for future expansions or they'll continue to see these extreme peaks and valleys after a launch. Seems more noticeable here than with other MMOs.

This is so very true. The main scenario is top notch, then once you hit endgame it's even more of a buzzkill because of that. I really gave it a try, but ended up cancelling my sub because it stopped being fun. I'll come back and play the main scenario, but I think that's it. Waiting a couple patches might be a good idea. 3.1 isn't out yet and I'm looking forward to 3.2 already. I'll always love Yoshi and his crew, it was amazing coming back to ARR. Rebooting MMO must've been difficult... but preserving the game's longevity and keeping subs is the hardest part for any MMO

klee123

I pretty much quit FF14 about 7 months ago.

Got the relic to Zeta.

Will this new quest line in 3.15 expand on that, or is it something completely new?

I basically don't plan to buy Heavensward until I can continue with the relic.

Kintaro

Probably what I will do as well.

Make sure you don't own a house though. They are going to take it from you if you don't log on for 45 days. Then take everything after another 35.

Literally November.

At least this will (hopefully) give a variety to endgame activity. Being funneled into the same two dungeons on the daily for upgrades (Alex can be knocked out in a day) really dragged the game down.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Probably what I will do as well.

Make sure you don't own a house though. They are going to take it from you if you don't log on for 45 days. Then take everything after another 35.

everything as in your whole char? is that for real? never heard of it.

Kintaro

everything as in your whole char? is that for real? never heard of it.

Everything from your house. They will take your house after 45 days. Keeps 80% of your gil from it and some furnishings. Then after 35 days, all of that will be gone. Leaving you with nothing from your house.

Kusagari

Literally November.

At least this will (hopefully) give a variety to endgame activity. Being funneled into the same two dungeons on the daily for upgrades (Alex can be knocked out in a day) really dragged the game down.

Yeah, they're probably just going to shift Neverreap and Fractal out of expert and put the two new ones in.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Everything from your house. They will take your house after 45 days. Keeps 80% of your gil from it and some furnishings. Then after 35 days, all of that will be gone. Leaving you with nothing from your house.

ouch. glad i dont own a house. im looking forward to relic patch so i have something to do again :/

Zhao_Yun

I pretty much quit FF14 about 7 months ago.

Got the relic to Zeta.

Will this new quest line in 3.15 expand on that, or is it something completely new?

I basically don't plan to buy Heavensward until I can continue with the relic.

The new relic will be completely new but players with the Zeta will be able to skip the first step of the new relic.

Can't really say I'm a fan of this kind of thing. I don't mind seeing changes every 5-8 months, but basically having to come back or else your things will get removed is kind of depressing. I mean, is the game made that oddly that storage for housing and its contents are making/breaking things and preventing new instances of those neighborhoods to be created?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'd resub now, but I feel like that would be just wasting time, because of all the leveling/relic weapon related changes that for some reason have to wait until the huge patch instead of being added before to keep people from unsubbing during the content drought.

Game is awesome, but I started with a backlog and the game is a backlog. About to hit level 41 and I'm
looking for an airship
for some reason that I forgot because I've been playing for like a month and it's so easy to lose track of what the story is even about.

Azzurri

To me it feels like it's new but it isn't new. I get they add a bunch of content, but it's basically the same thing in a way. A new dungeon or two, a trial, new MSQ, ect. It just repeats the cycle.

Shamdeo

Exploratory missions is a new type of content that will be part of the endgame, in addition to more traditional types.

Atolm

Reading those news about housing removal, I'm really glad I went of for a small house and paid like 4m when I could have bought a full mansion for myself. Now I'll have that money waiting on my character when I finally log in tonight after being off since April.

Jarate

Banned
Will resub eventually, this should've really released earlier this month. It took them a long time for this content.

Can't really say I'm a fan of this kind of thing. I don't mind seeing changes every 5-8 months, but basically having to come back or else your things will get removed is kind of depressing. I mean, is the game made that oddly that storage for housing and its contents are making/breaking things and preventing new instances of those neighborhoods to be created?
It's about location, location, location - there are more and less desirable locations in the residential districts, if someone isn't using their better place, it should be available for someone else. This game's residential districts were designed to be a limited resource, with prices that fluctuate based on demand, making housing one of the most expensive things you can spend money on. Adding more neighborhood instances would remove that as a limited resource.

Also, doing it this way also makes them feel more like little villages - you get used to how your neighborhood looks and can even recognize your neighbors.

Jeels

Think there's enough content to satisfy me. Excited for the continuination of the story, Void's Ark, Knights of the Round extreme, exploratory missions, and the Beast Tribe dailies.

Just gotta make sure I finish up all the rest of my holiday titles by the 10th. :x

Reading those news about housing removal, I'm really glad I went of for a small house and paid like 4m when I could have bought a full mansion for myself. Now I'll have that money waiting on my character when I finally log in tonight after being off since April.

The housing removal timer only starts once 3.1 goes live, it doesn't retroactivity count days before.

Kintaro

It's about location, location, location - there are more and less desirable locations in the residential districts, if someone isn't using their better place, it should be available for someone else. This game's residential districts were designed to be a limited resource, with prices that fluctuate based on demand, making housing one of the most expensive things you can spend money on. Adding more neighborhood instances would remove that as a limited resource.

Also, doing it this way also makes them feel more like little villages - you get used to how your neighborhood looks and can even recognize your neighbors.

They were designed to be limited because the team decided that they wanted to curb costs on servers. Personal housing is a failure on almost every level. But hey, lets punish the people instead of making more wards.

Basically, they are keeping players hostage by keeping them subbed or they lose their stuff. Lovely.

Kintaro

Primal minions being better looking than egis is fucking hilarious. Kick to the crotch of all SMNs

Top Bottom