• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Decided to jump back and gear up a bit in case I want to do Shinryu EX.
Getting the Susano weapon was a part of that and I needed 7 tokens.
Here are the weapons I got from greed rolls in 4-5 different parties in those 7 runs: DRK, MCH, AST, WHM, SCH.
Midway through I started feeling kind of bad about it.

Thorgal

Our FC decided that if someone manages to get a big house we will move.

If not, we are quite cozy in our big house in the Goblet so It would not really matter.

LordKasual

Banned
Oh wow those spawn in a preset pattern.
The more you know~

No way. Did they always do that?

Also, they reallllllllllly want u guys to play Dragoon

Paladin gets more support abilities to shield the party as well as heal and reduce the damage that others take so they have more abilities tuned towards protecting and healing the team if you find that appealing. For damage they use Goring Blade Combo to keep a DoT effect up while using Royal Authority combo for straight damage. They also have a magic attack phase where you use Requiescat to put up a magic damage increase buff then spam Holy Spirit while it's active

Dark Knight gets a shield at 70 they can put on a single target. For damage they spam Soul Eater combo endlessly while mashing the Dark Arts button to add a set amount of damage/potency to each attack that can be affected by Dark Arts.

Mini rant incoming.

Dark Knight isn't what it used to be. In 3.0 Dark Knight was the most techincal of the three tank jobs but now it's the easiest imo. It's playstyle was significantly simplified and penalties to mismanaging your mana were removed as well. Some people seem to enjoy the simplified/stripped down version of Dark Knight but I've seen a whole bunch of people (myself included) who have abandoned Dark Knight because of the the removal of what made it fun to play in 3.0 so I can't really recommend that anyone plays it unless they are fine with spamming one combo endlessly like 2.0 Paladin.

If you want to play a tank job that's really technical than Warrior is currently the best choice compared to the other two tanks.

TBH i've never felt satisfied with Dark Knight

It used to be the most technical tank, but for what trouble it was worth to maximize them, I felt like they should have been outperforming warrior in damage.

They never really paid off the work you put in. Now you dont put much work in at all. They literally feel like old paladin.

studyguy

THE EVE OF THE GREAT HOUSING PLOT WAR OF 2017
My friend's FC literally has like 9 people gunning for a single plot w/ the gil to cover it in hopes of getting it.

mfw I'm still sitting here in my single player FC big ass home. So many rooms, so empty.

Kenai

Ironically, I want to move my house, but to a different medium house in the lavender beds that's within spitting distance of my own. It's the one with the little built in pond out front just east after crossing the river

I will be eyeballing the plot in several instances to see if any become available

studyguy

Ironically, I want to move my house, but to a different medium house in the lavender beds that's within spitting distance of my own. It's the one with the little built in pond out front just east after crossing the river

I will be eyeballing the plot in several instances to see if any become available

Chances are good running around old plots will net you a new open space this patch.

Rua

Man, I'm only 2mil away from being able to afford a large house. No way I'm making that in the next 10 hours though. Gonna have to settle for a medium.

Redx508

for the new page
bt1.png

we running a full gaf run for patch day (gaf members only)

9pm EST, Discord is a must(you don't have to talk)

if we have enough players online early in the day we could setup a earlier run also.

don't forget to repair your gear!

Unlocking 4.1 Content – Where to Start!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
for the new page
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/157617110477045760/366759706158694400/bt1.png[IMG]
[B]we running a full gaf run for patch day (gaf members only)

9pm EST, Discord is a must(you don't have to talk)

if we have enough players online early in the day we could setup a earlier run also.[/B]

[B]don't forget to repair your gear! [/B]

[URL="https://katella.wordpress.com/2017/10/07/unlocking-4-1-content-where-to-start/"]Unlocking 4.1 Content – Where to Start![/URL][/QUOTE]

Can't wait!

Attention those with SSDs and gigabit connections:

One of my static members is offering anyone 250 million Gil if they secure plot 30 ward 1 for him.

Secondary, is 100 million for plot 30 on any other ward.

If you don't know him, trust me, he is good for it.

Basically buy the plot at log in if you somehow make it, and he will buy it from you.

One of my static members is offering anyone 250 million Gil if they secure plot 30 ward 1 for him.

Basically buy the plot at log in if you somehow make it, and he will buy it from you.

I wish cross server housing was a thing now.... damn

aceface

That's gotta be Eddard Stark right?

rubius01

I kinda hope he gets shut out...

CLBridges

I'm most hyped to continue the msq in 4.1. I really liked 4.0 story and look forward to how they further develop certain characters. Also, good luck to everyone looking to either purchase their first home or relocate. I should probably join the fray, just due to paying my subscription I should try to get as much content out of it as possible. Oh well, if I get one cool, not pressed though.

Rua

Man, I'm only 2mil away from being able to afford a large house. No way I'm making that in the next 10 hours though. Gonna have to settle for a medium.

Nevermind.. managed to sell all my VIs from cracked clusters. Can only afford the cheapest large though. Going for that one.

Omni

It takes me 26 seconds to reach my plot after loading in if I go there by mount. But it only takes 22 if I use the aetheryte

if the servers are wonky I'm not sure I want to go through another loading screen though hmmm. Decisions decisions

pro housing strats

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
It takes me 26 seconds to reach my plot after loading in if I go there by mount. But it only takes 22 if I use the aetheryte

if the servers are wonky I'm not sure I want to go through another loading screen though hmmm. Decisions decisions

pro housing strats
Real life's already way too stressful.

Eddard is blasting it in shout chart. That's not a good idea.

It doesn't really matter. There are only a handful of people on the server that A, give enough of a shit to be spamming the log in at 3am - B, can afford it so easily, and C, have the hardware and connection to even get there.

He is primarily hoping/planning for after the rush, were those that snagged that specific plot realize they really don't care about housing and just want to cash out and remember his name.

Stuart444

What the O_O.

That is some desperation.

Omni

The way SE handles housing in this game is so god damn awful. Everyone fighting over a virtual plot of space in a video game in 2017. Like who thinks that is a good idea? Why can't they just add more wards? Didn't they just update the servers last year? What even is the issue at this point?

I've done as much as I can to possibly prepare but I'm fully expecting to go without tonight because of the inevitable server issues and limited availability.

Real life's already way too stressful.

It really is xD

Qvoth

lmao plot 1 ward 30 is easily worth much more than just 250m imo

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The way SE handles housing in this game is so god damn awful. Everyone fighting over a virtual plot of space in a video game in 2017. Like who thinks that is a good idea? Why can't they just add more wards? Didn't they just update the servers last year? What even is the issue at this point?

I've done as much as I can to possibly prepare but I'm fully expecting to go without tonight because of the inevitable server issues and limited availability.

It really is xD

I can't wait until all those people are sitting on their virtual property trying to figure out what to do with it and why they even bothered in the first place. Could be a good social study.

aceface

It really is xD

I mean, they added 720 more housing plots. Shirogane will fill up quick but I bed there will be open plots in the other housing areas for days afterwards as people move.

Edit: At least on a server like Ultros. Yeah if you are on Gilgamesh or whatever you're screwed.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I mean, they added 720 more housing plots. Shirogane will fill up quick but I bed there will be open plots in the other housing areas for days afterwards as people move.

Edit: At least on a server like Ultros. Yeah if you are on Gilgamesh or whatever you're screwed.

Gilgamesh bled people majorly.

iammeiam

We've talked about moving up to a Large for a while, but the Levi housing market is brutal (~300M for a large Mist plot with no FC attached) so it's worth taking a stab at it tonight. Going to take one shot at failing to grab a Kugane large, then just start stalking the old districts for something to free up.

Most of the housing stuff is fine in a small, but the NPC limit gets annoying when trying to repair/meld on an alt and having to zone twice (actually more because I always, always pick Workshop first instead of personal room.) Large would just eliminate the problem entirely, but medium's probably workable too.

Kind of glad they're adding something to airships, though, since no Eureka yet. Got those things up and running for easy gathering access, but they've done nothing in SB.

I can't wait until all those people are sitting on their virtual property trying to figure out what to do with it and why they even bothered in the first place. Could be a good social study.

I had a house which I decorated with lots of stuff. It was very pretty both inside and outside. I really enjoyed my house and spent a lot of time in it up until the moment I quit the game. My last logout was from inside my house, which meant that 2 years later when I resubbed for the expac when I logged in I appeared outside the house which now belonged to someone else.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
When bored, I would roam housing areas and look inside peoples houses.

Was always depressing to find houses with nothing in them.

Omni

When bored, I would roam housing areas and look inside peoples houses.

Was always depressing to find houses with nothing in them.
I like the ones where the owner obviously spent millions on a Moogle skin or whatever and then can't afford to buy anything else so they leave it empty

:|

Top Bottom