• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV 80% OFF in Europe PSN

hidys

It will. They showed off the engine running on a 1080ti recently (with ff15 assets and characters).

If it wasn't for that Nvidia tech demo I'd probably have jumped at this deal. I just hope it comes to the PC sooner rather than later.

It's a good thing that there are a shit tonne of really good games out/ coming out at the moment.

If it wasn't for that Nvidia tech demo I'd probably have jumped at this deal. I just hope it comes to the PC sooner rather than later.

It's a good thing that there are a shit tonne of really good games out/ coming out at the moment.

End of 2018 for a PC Release probably.

Pretty freaking amazing, in'nit?

But I guess they're happy with whatever sales that game got whilst FFXV has to hit certain milestones.
It was a pricing error. Pretty sure it was supposed to be 50-60% off and they made it 80, applying the 40% regular discount twice.

Those who bought it, this is one hell of a deal so enjoy :D

Ludens

Banned
I think they will give you back money in your PSN wallet.

If so, I'll contact them to have my money back on Paypal, since I bought the Premium Edition (pretty much 28€ if you consider the 10€ offer from Sony) just to play the season pass contents, I have no use for 38€ on my PSN wallet since I rarely buy games on PSN.

Ludens

Banned
Bought it on my phone but didn't launch de download yet. Am i fucked?

No, as I wrote until they revoke the license (if they do) you are ok. If you are downloading and they revoke the license, you can't access the game, if you didn't start the download yet but the license is not revoked, you have no problem.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Back online and back to full price. Doesn't appear when you search on the store though.

Ia1uEKC.png

Dambrosi

Banned
Bought it on my phone but didn't launch de download yet. Am i fucked?
If it's in your download list, you should be fine. Ditto if you got a receipt email from Sony for it.

Sony usually honour pricing errors. It'd be bad PR not to, since it's not exactly our fault they made the error.

Freeman76

This will be so annoying if they revoke it. I sold my disc to pay for this and it will actually cost me money after ebay fees etc...

I love the game and would have to buy it again...which would suck

Podge293

Back up to 70 on the Irish store. Gonna keep track of it. Maybe they'll do what Microsoft did and reapply the discount only to take it away again later

This will be so annoying of they revoke it. I sold my disc to pay for this and it will actually cost me money after ebay fees etc...

Damn man you sold that quick

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
If it's in your download list, you should be fine. Ditto if you got a receipt email from Sony for it.

Sony usually honour pricing errors. It'd be bad PR not to, since it's not exactly our fault they made the error.

The fact that it's a third-party game makes it more complicated though. I'm sure Sony would rather take some bad PR than potentially lose a lot of money paying off Square.

ISee

Also back to full price in Germany.
I wonder how many people jumped on the deal/error. Because if it's just a couple of thousands they might honour it and write it off as a PR investment. But if it is more... It might be to costly.

Rellik

I wonder how many people jumped on the deal/error. Because if it's just a couple of thousands they might honour it and write it off as a PR investment. But if it is more... It might be to costly.

I'm hoping it's not a lot of us because it was pretty early when the error was found.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I got in, got billed, got the digital receipt, got the game installed.

Please Sony, hook a brother up and honor this.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Yeah, I also sold my physical copy after I bought the digital version. With the money I got I pre-ordered Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5. Hopefully Sony honors the mistake and doesn't force a refund.

Although, to be honest, by the time I actually get to play FFXV, I will be able to get it for ~€10 again. So it's not a real big loss if they do take it back. It'll still be a bummer, though.

gogogow

I'm hoping it's not a lot of us because it was pretty early when the error was found.

The pricing error was found after 2 o'clock at night in Europe. At what time did they remove the product page?

I would think not that many would've bought it when the error was found, it was quite late in the night, but was it still up in the morning?

Rixa

In case of money return:

Iam wondering how big hassle & extra work it is to Sony to transfer them to back to CC.
I mean, surely Iam not the only one to contact them if they only transfer money back to my Wallet.

Handling those request will take a lot of effort from Sony staff & if things get ugly and returning to CC takes time, people might contact to consumer right council of their country. That can lead (with many weeks / months later) to EU saying bad things to Sony and I guess that would be very bad publicity.

It might be much cheaper for Sony to honour the deals (since the pricing error isn't "that" huge). Than take the risk with EU consumer rights & bad publicity.

The pricing error was found after 2 o'clock at night in Europe. At what time did they remove the product page?

I would think not that many would've bought it when the error was found, it was just late in the night, but was it still up in the morning?

Around 11:05 EET (09:05 GMT).

ISee

I would think not that many would've bought it when the error was found, it was quite late in the night, but was it still up in the morning?

I bought it at 08.44 am cet, while being at work. It has been up for quiet some time.

No, as I wrote until they revoke the license (if they do) you are ok. If you are downloading and they revoke the license, you can't access the game, if you didn't start the download yet but the license is not revoked, you have no problem.

If you finalised the purchase then it shouldn't matter if you downloaded it or not. It should forever be tied to your account (I believe).

cool thanks

acidagfc

My hope is this error was not too widespread and they'd just leave it be for those who bought it.

Last time this happened with the Fallout 4 Season Pass, it even made it to major outlets such as Eurogamer.
FF15 error happened in the middle of the night and got fixed before noon GMT. So it may still stay.

EDIT: Just realised that FO4 thing also happened in the end of March. What's up with PSN and March sales fuckups? :D

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Lol

Someone at Sony gets into the office at 9:00am - "I'll just check my emails and Twitter to see what's going on this fine Wednesday morn....OH SHIITTTT GET IT OFF GET IT OFF"
Haha, that's exactly what I thought when I saw they'd taken it down. Lucky I snatched it last night while they were happily snoozing, blissfully unaware of the shitty morning awaitng them.

Rixa

Haha, that's exactly what I thought when I saw they'd taken it down. Lucky I snatched it last night while they were happily snoozing, blissfully unaware of the shitty morning awaitng them.

Good thing to live in Eastern European Timezone :). If there are sales anywhere in the net (like Black Friday) that start early in the morning by GMT, its easier to grab those sales from my country.

Dambrosi

Banned
The fact that it's a third-party game makes it more complicated though. I'm sure Sony would rather take some bad PR than potentially lose a lot of money paying off Square.
First of all, this is the EU we're talking about, and I don't think Sony wants that kind of attention. Secondly? The more FFXV owners, the more potential Season Pass/DLC purchasers, so SE might just suck it up. I know I'm planning to buy it later in the month, but Persona 5 comes first.

Ludens

Banned
I'm sure they sold a rather large number of copies, the deal was already on all the big deal sites in the morning

I still think SE can take a good profit from this, considering the game in some countries was dirty cheap even on pre-order (Italy here, where any PS4 game is 70€ on release, I grabbed FFXV for 40€ on preorder from Unieuro, while Comet (? I think? Can't remember) had it for 30€), that deal didn't seem a mistake, even because the Premium Edition was 38€, not a very cheap price if you think about.

Also SE heavily discounts its game soon after release (just look at Hitman, it went 50% off very quickly, or Mankind Divided, which was 75% off on Gamestop for the Deluxe etc).

Macrotus

I guess I'm late to the party lol

I'm guessing that who ever edited the price tag thought they were editing the price for the DLC or something.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
First of all, this is the EU we're talking about, and I don't think Sony wants that kind of attention. Secondly? The more FFXV owners, the more potential Season Pass/DLC purchasers, so SE might just suck it up. I know I'm planning to buy it later in the month, but Persona 5 comes first.

Sony and Square are well within their rights to revoke the licenses and refund the orders. I agree that it could lead to more season pass and DLC purchases, but possibly not enough to offset however many units they've sold at a massive 80% off.

Top Bottom