• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV demo coming March 20th 2015

Amir0x

Banned
oh good I had previously read on GAF that the area was going to be from a further along part of the title. I would rather not see major plot aspects spoiled for me, despite knowing 90% of FF titles have horrendous stories.

I'm buying Type-0 regardless, but I do wonder if it's even worth playing this, or if it'd be better to wait for the real thing.

I've waited a very long time already, another year won't hurt.

Another year won't hurt?

How many has it been? I know how you feel. It's that first date feeling isn't it?

Your afraid what will happen when you download XV aren't you? Will it judge your gaming setup, will it laugh at your living arrangements? The pressure? Because after waiting years and years you (we) finally have our date for our play date with XV.

How should you act? Are you going to be a ass and midge everything critically and make XV feel inferior or are ok with just having fun while trying to get the most out of XV?

It's okay, it's okay. Just let it go and lose yourself in gaming bliss when the time comes either way.

wildfire

Banned
oh good I had previously read on GAF that the area was going to be from a further along part of the title. I would rather not see major plot aspects spoiled for me, despite knowing 90% of FF titles have horrendous stories.

Heresy!

*hisses*

Goteki_45

seems so far...can't wait for the demo

V8d1dr8.gif

"Episode Duscae will be available for $60 and include a disc version of FF Type-0 HD for free."

Yeah it's definitely reminiscent of the ZOE/MGS2 situation. Which, in hindsight,is pretty brilliant.

I drives people to try out the new IP using some of the goodwill of the already established IP. Thankfully ZOE was awesome. I am not sure about Type-0 but people seem pretty hyped about that title as well.

Tigress

No!!! Too many games early next year. I can't budget all that.

*sigh*. Witcher 3... FFXV... and isn't No Man's Sky coming around that time?

I have a feeling it's going to be between Witcher 3 and FFXV.... damnit (both are high priority games for me). Yes I realize Witcher 3 is coming out earlier but I have a pretty tight budget for games :(.

(and I'm just saying personally for me it's going to suck. I realize it is good for most people and that I can always just wait til it gets cheaper. Just emotionally that's my response).

I have a feeling it's going to be between Witcher 3 and FFXV.... damnit (both are high priority games for me). Yes I realize Witcher 3 is coming out earlier but I have a pretty tight budget for games :(.

Well it is just a demo, and chances are they might release the demo on digital marketplaces for free a month or so down the line.

sublimit

Banned

I very much doubt FFXV will be coming out next year.Even in Japan.

(and I'm just saying personally for me it's going to suck. I realize it is good for most people and that I can always just wait til it gets cheaper. Just emotionally that's my response).

time to find a granny to adopt you. christmas is around the corner!

DJIzana

I'm still damn hyped for this. All the years I've been DJNoctis and more permanently, DJIzana on GAF.

I really wonder what other surprises, if any, we'll see from TGS considering that was only day 1. :O

Just because that was the case with XIII doesn't mean it will also be the same with XV.

It shows that the game is far enough in development to release a playable build that isn't a beta test. It could very well still be a 2016 title for Japan, but the March release of the demo says a lot about where the game is in development.

UrbanRats

Damn, i remember when i was sure this game wouldn't have come out before fall 2016 at the earliest.
Now people are talking about December 2015, lol.

Myths

Still being fanciful with the Latin I see...

Okay news until we get the inevitable 'delay' for whatever reason.

Haven't been following that, but if its difficult like Demon/Dark Souls, then I'll pass. Hate the painful difficult games.

Demon difficulty.
But really it's not all that hard, it's just all about patience and learning attack patterns, but I completely understand that that type of game isn't for everyone.

BumRush

It SHOULD be fair to assume that the full game will come out < 1 year after Duscae releases, correct? I mean it's not like they'd still be workout on the story at that point.

StuBurns

Banned
Another year won't hurt?

How many has it been? I know how you feel. It's that first date feeling isn't it?

Your afraid what will happen when you download XV aren't you? Will it judge your gaming setup, will it laugh at your living arrangements? The pressure? Because after waiting years and years you (we) finally have our date for our play date with XV.

How should you act? Are you going to be a ass and midge everything critically and make XV feel inferior or are ok with just having fun while trying to get the most out of XV?

It's okay, it's okay. Just let it go and lose yourself in gaming bliss when the time comes either way.
It's more like she's a sure thing at this point, so do I really want to spend half hour macking which will surely only result ever bluer balls, when I could just hold out for the full thing.

I think I'm not sure, but in reality, the chances of me not playing the demo are practically zero.

It SHOULD be fair to assume that the full game will come out < 1 year after Duscae releases, correct? I mean it's not like they'd still be workout on the story at that point.

That's similar enough to FF13 (and older FF releases), that I think that could be guessed: December 2015 for Japan, March/April/May 2016 for the rest of us (but I mean, I'd love a WW release too)

Top Bottom