• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Demo Gameplay (XB1 & PS4 demos), Battle System, Night & Map Shown

DeSolos

I was specifically referring to the music heard throughout the gameplay footage.

That's nothing I would ever remember. I didn't say no song in the entire OST lacked any melody at all. I made a general comment meaning that as of late (say, since FFXII?) I can't say I have found SE music very compelling or memorable. Back in the day it was classic after classic. Going through a game was exciting every new area expecting another great tune, and the games often delivered. I mean compare that intro to Liberi Fatali. It stands no chance. No recent game has put any tunes in my head that come to me when I'm not playing the game.

Will the entirety of FFXV have something this good? I have a feeling it will be overly soft for the entirety of the game but at times try to be impactful simply by being bombastic, which just turns into a sea of noise when you're focused on the gameplay. Clear, interesting melodies are very important to me in games.

I enjoy most of the music we've heard so far from FFXV, but I'm with you on the daytime battle theme.

Eidan

If it turns out to be successful (in all facets of the word, sells, well reviews well, and is well received well by the majority of the fans.) I feel like it will come to be known as the vision of Nomura brought to life by Tabata.

And Nomura will be known as all vision, no execution.

And Nomura will be known as all vision, no execution.

Sadly but he seems to be having a similar role in KH3 and more of a creative director. I am curious though exactly how much of his original vision is there since there seems like a lot so far is still there. But as long as we get the game that's all i care about and it seems like Tabata is the man for the job.

Not by anybody that follows the games he's made.

True, but I think his reputation for execution will be tarnished a bit albeit unfairly since it seemed like a ton of other stuff was happening behind the scenes that we will probably never know about for the most part or if at all.

My eyes have been spoiled by Nvidia gameworks. I really don't know whay I expected the buffaloid hair to move like with hairworks and grass to move like with Turf Effects.

Sadly but he seems to be having a similar role in KH3 and more of a creative director. I am curious though exactly how much of his original vision is there since there seems like a lot so far is still there. But as long as we get the game that's all i care about and it seems like Tabata is the man for the job.

True, but I think his reputation for execution will be tarnished a bit albeit unfairly since it seemed like a ton of other stuff was happening behind the scenes that we will probably never know about for the most part or if at all.

Yeah, he said that his schedule was booked until 2019 though, so he's still working on something. It also seems like members of the Type-0 development team replaced other XV leadership that came from KH1/2, so I'm hoping Nomugang is working on something other than KH entirely.

Skilletor

Yeah, he said that his schedule was booked until 2019 though, so he's still working on something. It also seems like members of the Type-0 development team replaced other XV leadership that came from KH1/2, so I'm hoping Nomugang is working on something other than KH entirely.

Nah, I think Nomura will be leaving Square around the time KH3 wraps up.

battle system looks slow and like it takes no skill.

Wish they could just go back to FF10s battle system or FF4-FF9 battle systems. These action RPGs always end up as mashing X

Wish they could just go back to FF10s battle system or FF4-FF9 battle systems. These action RPGs always end up as mashing X

The hell. I've beaten FFVII and what in there took skill outside of the final boss and optional bosses? This already seems much more dynamic and has potential to be a lot more deep.

KoopaTheCasual

The idea of any FF battle system requiring "skill" is hilarious. FF has always been ridiculously easy and accessible. If anything, the emphasis on real time input will actually make the gameplay somewhat interesting.

Philippo

Hey at least you're not only holding it down.

But seriously can't say that without trying it first hand, also there could be various difficulty levels. And, as every RPG, the real skills are put into display during pre-battles

These action RPGs always end up as mashing X

So do menu based RPGs. And with the exception of V and maybe hardtype IV, all of the FF games you cited are pretty easy outside of optional content.

And if you think all action RPGs amount to are mashing a button, well... I'd have to assume you haven't played many good action RPGs.

For clarification's sake: What concrete evidence do we have suggesting that was the case?

The fact he's not working on it anymore?

:/

Parrying needs skill and with the short warps and need for MP management certainly means that it requires at least some sort of skill. But I feel people are looking at this incorrectly: Is not a pure action RPG.

YRuafraid

Banned
If it turns out to be successful (in all facets of the word, sells, well reviews well, and is well received well by the majority of the fans.) I feel like it will come to be known as the vision of Nomura brought to life by Tabata.

Basically the next FF7?

Yeah, final fantasy 7, best rpg of all time

Basically the next FF7?

Yeah, final fantasy 7, best rpg of all time

I think VI is better but anyways my point wasn't necessarily the best RPG ever just a great game that is well received. If it turns out to be absolutely mindblowing and amazing than that would be awesome.

Koozek

Oh, you mean like... well... every other FF 95% of the time? Outside of boss battles you could always just mash "Attack" and use a healing spell or item once in a while. The most "strategic" it got was on "Oh, it's an ice monster, I have to use Fire" level which only involves three more button clicks. Replaying FFX recently made me realize how boring and repetetive most turn-based JRPGs are. I don't have the patience and time for that. I'd rather have something dynamic, snappy with an immediate feedback while playing that can also be deep if you want.
Take off the rose-tinted glasses, give new things a chance.

AZUMIKE

That Nomura himself said that it was a company decision for him to leave the project, and that his role in KH3 still isn't any more involved than it was when he was working on XV.

And by that its implied Nomura didn't have any desire to leave the project? My point is that perhaps he didn't consider it his dream project after some time...

The whole notion that Nomura got slighted by Square with FFXV doesn't seem valid to me.

And by that its implied Nomura didn't have any desire to leave the project? My point is that perhaps he didn't consider it his dream project after some time...

The whole notion that Nomura got slighted by Square with FFXV doesn't seem valid to me.

If he wanted to leave the project he could have done so without the upper management asking him to leave it.

Pachimari

I pre ordered the Type 0 CE just to get the FFXV demo, but now I don't know if I still want the CE...

It's kind pricey and the art book/golden case don't justify 100$ for a psp hd remake... I dont know >_<
Why don't you just pre order the standard edition and get the demo? Unless you want the book and case.

KoopaTheCasual

"It was the company's decision. I can't say anymore than that."

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2014/09/nomura-comments-on-his-departure-from-final-fantasy-xv/

Not really much room for your interpretation. He was removed from the project and isn't even allowed to openly talk about it. End of story.

Skilletor

I don't know how else you can interpret somebody saying they were removed from a project, and that it wasn't his decision, but okay.

AZUMIKE

"It was the company's decision. I can't say anymore than that."

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2014/09/nomura-comments-on-his-departure-from-final-fantasy-xv/

Not really much room for your interpretation. He was removed from the project and isn't even allowed to openly talk about it. End of story.

Ah, thanks for sourcing that. So according to this report, it seems it was the company's decision and not Noruma's at all. In other words, it wasn't a joint decision between Nomura and Square. I thought possibly Nomura may have been on board with this (due to possible development problems, etc), but whos to say.

Skilletor

Ah, thanks for sourcing that. So according to this report, it seems it was the company's decision and not Noruma's at all. In other words, it wasn't a joint decision between Nomura and Square. I thought possibly Nomura may have been on board with this (due to possible development problems, etc), but whos to say.

Nomura, but he can't, because he's said all he can. If any part of it was his decision, you'd think he and Square would say so and not leave the stench of enmity around the project lingering.

AZUMIKE

Nomura, but he can't, because he's said all he can. If any part of it was his decision, you'd think he and Square would say so and not leave the stench of enmity around the project lingering.

"Nomura, but he can't, because he's said all he can." Precisely. And as for the rest of it, we can only speculate.

Falk

that puzzling face
Hey guardian not sure if its legit but someone on Gaf is part of the studio composing FFXV and he/she said that this theme is part of the OMNIS LACRIMA track. Personally im not sure how but it would be interesting to see how this fit with Omnis Lacrima..&#65279;

BKoQSRPb.png

Top Bottom