• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV european boxart revealed

silva1991

I hope the standard edition isn't like this

I still don't like the new Regis design and I don't want him on the cover >.>

oimori

Game is out in 4 months, and all of their promotional material are stills and images from things that we've already seen many times (some since 2013).

yeah, some screen shots have very old HUD. keeping using them is odd.

edit:sorry, double posted.

Dark_castle

Special edition has that pretentious Lion King moment. Deluxe edition artwork is too busy and uneasy on the eyes even if what it represents in the larger picture is cool with all the summons hanging around. Meh.

Ydelnae

How do you know that? Amazon still has listings for both and Day One Editions usually just have DLC, not an entire Steelbook.

uhm no.
There's a Day One Edition AND a Special Edition ( also a collector's edition and an Ultimate collector's edition of course). The special edition (which includes this Regis holding Noctis steelbook) is exclusive to certain stores though.

Well, if this edition is exclusive to certain stores/territories then it would explain my confusion, since I contacted a retailer and they told me that the publisher in here still had to update the info but that this was pretty much the Day One edition.

Son Of D

Special edition has that pretentious Lion King moment. Deluxe edition artwork is too busy and uneasy on the eyes even if what it represents in the larger picture is cool with all the summons hanging around. Meh.
To be fair you would have hated this regardless of what it was based on your post history.

Styles

To be fair you would have hated this regardless of what it was based on your post history.

mpSJiXW.gif

This is the type of art that wouldn't look out of place in the main game somewhere. Imagine returning to the Citadel and seeing this framed painting all damaged and ruined by the occupation. It's a great piece of art, but as a cover art it's awful and wouldn't entice people to pick up the box in a shop. I suppose Final Fantasy has earned the right to not bother about that though, with it being such a massive franchise.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
It's good, but normal edition should be logo on white.
It doesn't line up with all my other boxarts if it isn't.
XIII already pushed it with Lightning next to the logo, but at least the background was white.

artsi

XIII already pushed it with Lightning next to the logo, but at least the background was white.

Yep. I have the based Japanese box for XIII too :p
Disappointed if there's not a logo only version for XV.

Why white? The theme of the game revolve around the color black. They even wanted to express that in the versus day to put a contrast between XIII which was white, and VersusXIII which was black

LAA

Was actually thinking I liked FF XIII's cover for that actually. Maybe they could have a reversible cover for it, though I think black would be the better choice.

I don't think it really needs to line with other box arts tbh, I think we're growing away from box arts like that really. Like Zelda has been growing away from the gold covers, I used to like them, but looking at the likes of Wind Waker, Majoras Mask, Twilight Princesses art without the gold, I think it's the better for it.

As for this cover art, not really sure of the "significance" of the scene depicted right now, so can't really say it's a good choice or not right now.

Wollan

They will lose sales by not using their traditional white+symbol cover.
Not a good take on aging-man imagery.

ZeroX03

Banned
Why white? The theme of the game revolve around the color black. They even wanted to express that in the versus day to put a contrast between XIII which was white, and VersusXIII which was black

Because it matches almost all of the other mainline Final Fantasy PAL releases which had a plain white background with the logo. It's iconic and classy af.

Dark_castle

I do have mixed opinions of this game true, but judging by the reactions here I'm not alone in not liking the boxart. Honestly would have prefer a simple white background with the game title and its trademark logo, and that's it. Either way, it's not a big deal, I'm still excited to see more of the game this E3, hopefully something that would blow us away in a good way.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
At least the Special Edition had the classic look in Europe
0.jpg

Fake Edit:
FFXIII-2 as well
Final-Fantasy-XIII-2-Collectors-Edition-Box.jpg

Personally I don't really care, but if I had the choice between the gaudy Amano or a white one, I'd take the white one. But eh, my collection already got disturbed by the fugly FFXII US steelbook.

Nev

Banned
The child looks way too small in comparison to the adult man. Like, he's the size of a toddler but looks like a 9 years old boy. That, or the man is a giant. It's kind of unsettling.

Midas

Looks like ass.

I want my simple white background Final Fantasy XV boxart.

Pretty much. Someone in marketing must have convinced the right people that this is the way to go. But hey, it's just box art for a game. We'll survive.

Camwi

Normally I prefer the more artistic Final Fantasy covers, but that one looks really touching. I love it.

Mendrox

Ugh, awful suggestion.

I think artistically this really works, though the amano rainbow vomit illustration is awful, sorry.

Awful suggestion? I just don't want to break the tradition that has been since the first game. It looks like ass to have a different game cover in all my other Final Fantasys.

They just took a piece of concept art we've seen a hundred times before and slapped a really boring FF XV logo on it. And what's up with that font design? It's just white. It looks unfinished.

Really not a fan.
Ah yes, Final Fantasy XV, the game where you play as a father of a small child.

Also this. If you know nothing about the game, playing as a boy band might come as a shock

At least the main character is featured

the car

sublimit

Banned
I usually love Amano's art but i'm not digging this (PS4) cover at all.

Just give me my traditional FFXV logo on a white background and i'll be happy.

Top Bottom