• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV european boxart revealed

Ugh... I'm kind of tired of seeing that art. It always reminds me of the Dawn trailer, which was bad.
I hope the Day One edition (or the regular edition) have different art. That's the one I pre-ordered, because I didn't like the art of the deluxe edition either (it looks very messy). If the day one art ends up sucking too, though, then I guess I'll get myself the deluxe edition instead.

I know that the traditional logo on white cover is reversible, but reversible covers never have the platform at the top, back cover text, and all that. It just doesn't fit with the rest of my game collection that way.
In a previous thread I posted this, which I'd made in about 10 minutes:

Like a lot of people, I just want this instead.

ooxAi1l.png

This is what it always should have been. I'm getting the deluxe edition though.

Arkeband

Banned
As a piece of concept art it's beautiful but I don't think it works well as a boxart. The Japanese one with the 4 bros walking is better suited.

Agreed, repurposing the Regis artwork from an ATR into box art is pretty lazy IMO.

Either stick to convention or make it original.

DarkTom

Nice box art, a departure from tradition but the FF european covers have never be that great in my eyes. They're good but this one is as good if not better.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ugh... I'm kind of tired of seeing that art. It always reminds me of the Dawn trailer, which was bad.
I hope the Day One edition (or the regular edition) have different art. That's the one I pre-ordered, because I didn't like the art of the deluxe edition either (it looks very messy). If the day one art ends up sucking too, though, then I guess I'll get myself the deluxe edition instead.

I know that the traditional logo on white cover is reversible, but reversible covers never have the platform at the top, back cover text, and all that. It just doesn't fit with the rest of my game collection that way.
In a previous thread I posted this, which I'd made in about 10 minutes:

Like a lot of people, I just want this instead.

Wow these look amazing. Much better than the one in the OP which has been overused since Gamescom and works more as a promotional piece and not really a game cover art.

the dad thing in this game is so weird.
I think it's kinda cool. SE tends to stay away from those kinda stories and typically relies on friendship bonds, most notably in KH. I think the last time I even saw the mention of a dad was in FF XIII with Hope for a very small level and of course Balthiers dad in FF XII

I think it's kinda cool. SE tends to stay away from those kinda stories and typically relies on friendship bonds, most notably in KH. I think the last time I even saw the mention of a dad was in FF XIII with Hope for a very small level and of course Balthiers dad in FF XII

Well... and then there's Tidus and Jecht, which is arguably why everyone automatically thinks "daddy issues!" when you say "Final Fantasy" and "Father" in a sentence.

But yes, I like that this is a focus of the story.

Ray Down

Banned
Well... and then there's Tidus and Jecht, which is arguably why everyone automatically thinks "daddy issues!" when you say "Final Fantasy" and "Father" in a sentence.

But yes, I like that this is a focus of the story.

Which is weird since I at least found the Tidus/Jecht stuff one of the saving graces of FFX story.

Which is weird since I at least found the Tidus/Jecht stuff one of the saving graces of FFX story.

I have mixed feelings. I actually think this story arc turns out quite nicely. But I also find Tidus' petulant focus on how his dad treated him fairly irritating in the front half of the game, perhaps more so than was absolutely necessary to drive home the point that Tidus is immature and ripe for some character growth.

Part of this may just be voice acting.

KodaRuss

That is a badass cover. Pulling at my dadstrings.

Still not sure I am going to get the game or not but I am definitely interested.

sappyday

Never cared for the logo with just white background so the one in the OP is nice. I also really like the 4 guys walking in the distance.

theofficefan99

Really don't like any of FFXV's boxarts tbh... especially the NA Deluxe Edition. I like Amano but it's honestly ugly as hell. Really don't know why the game with one of the best logos didn't use the traditional "logo with a monochrome background" look.

Byvar

LMAO

They used the fanmade version of the track as well!
Haha, yes, that ws my first reaction as well. They must love "Gratia Mundi" :p

Also, as a French speaker I actually liked what I heard so far (Noctis's French VA sounds much better than his English one too)... but there's no way to judge it by only a few short fragments.

Gilles Morvan, who voices Gladiolus, apparently also voiced Garrus in the Mass Effect games. I recall liking his performance.

I think it looks like a terrible cover, cool artwork for like the instruction booklet or something but not what I want on the cover of the game.

Tempted to get the Deluxe Edition now just because of how much I don't like that normal cover, but it's like $169NZ here. >_>

Really just miss the simple logo only type ones.

Noctis' is James Franco's French voice.

Yup. Other than him and Gladiolus voice, they seems to be new to the job.
I think Gladiolus' voice is the one with the most experience in the dubbing work, being actors such as Vincent D'Onofrio, animation or even video games.

Aters

You mentioned FFXIII yet you forget the best character in that game: Sazh. He is a father trying to save his son.

Kyonashi

Little off-topic, but as its a European thread thought I'd get a better answer. Does anyone have the full info on pre-order bonuses for EU retailers? I'm in the UK and as far as I can see it's as follows:

Day One Edition (anywhere) - Masamune (FFXV weapon)
Amazon - Mage Masher (FFIX weapon), Camera Set DLC
GAME - Gae Bolg (FFXIV weapon), Travel Pack DLC
Digital PSN - Big Bang PS4 Theme, Angler Set DLC, 16-Bit Buddies Car Skin DLC
Squeenix Store - Set of physical postcards

Can't seem to find any more. I was hoping they'd do more pre-order weapons from older games (I'd love Brotherhood from FFX), but as it stands I'd like to preorder from GAME but I don't want to miss out on the dashboard theme which unfortunately seems digitally exclusive?

Harmen

I don't like them. While I get what that special edition is trying to do, I think the details look off. I would even say I think it is ugly, very messy/kitschy in my opinion. And the other cover is just your typical CG render of a character on the front.

I am more interested in if we can get the weapons and camera set ingame, even if we did not preorder or haven't bought our game from a specific retailer?

I miss the days when a Final Fantasy cover was just a white background, the game's core logo, like the meteor in VII for instance, and the title overlaying it. It was minimalist and it was iconic as hell.

Quentino

Neo Member
Is this the First Time that a Mainline FF doesen't have the Logo on its Cover at all?? "Final Fantasy" without an Logo befhind it Looks like something is missing. I too miss the old and simple white covers. You just immediately recognized them in Stores.

Caronte

I wish they would go back to just using the logo on a white background (or black in this case) instead of using the generic American box art. It's one of the most iconic things about Final Fantasy and they don't want to do it anymore for some stupid reason.

Korigama

Is this the First Time that a Mainline FF doesen't have the Logo on its Cover at all?? "Final Fantasy" without an Logo befhind it Looks like something is missing. I too miss the old and simple white covers. You just immediately recognized them in Stores.
The standard US version of XII didn't have its logo on the cover, either.

Top Bottom