• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Main characters and Japanese voice cast revealed

Artemisia

Banned
It is fine to want better things out of your entertainment. However gender diversity isnt exactly an issue in ol' FF. I am all for criticisms, but I think this is a completely unnecessary on.

I think the thing FF should adress is this.

" hey new ff game everyone looks all anime they god anime features and everything "

"what about about the black guy"

" he is already black, he already usual looking"

The everyone looks anime accept for that 1 black guy thing is something that may need to be touched upon.

Isn't it possible to be concerned about both race and gender representation at the same time? It would also be possible to work on both at the same time, too. I'm black myself, so trust me, I'm plenty concerned about the lack of black people in FF and video games as a whole, it's just that the lack of females was a shock considering other games in the series.

Wazzy

Banned
Nomura had a vision this is his creation. I support this game. It has an important and FLAWLESS female Stella and a new girl that we haven't heard about probably more. Oh and there's the Dragoon lady did y'all forget her? X-2 was going to also be an all male cast at one point actually but they changed that. Things can CHANGE just wait is what I'm saying

But no one is saying they're not going to wait. We ARE waiting, we're just posting our observation and hoping that it's something that will change in the future when we get more information.

I'm getting this game no matter what, it looks fantastic, that doesn't mean we can't discuss what we want from the game.

Village

Why do assume that's we're exclusively taking issue with the gender representation? I'm personally disappointed on both fronts.
I feel like ff has that down.

I am not saying every game ever made ever has solved this, I just think for FF that isn't exactly an issue.

Isn't it possible to be concerned about both race and gender representation at the same time? It would also be possible to work on both at the same time, too. I'm black myself, so trust me, I'm plenty concerned about the lack of black people in FF and video games as a whole, it's just that the lack of females was a shock considering other games in the series.

That is why I think this is a non issue for ff, because of the other games in the series. they are not going to stop making ff games with important women it it. It is one ff game.

Kyon

Banned
But no one is saying they're not going to wait. We ARE waiting, we're just posting our observation and hoping that it's something that will change in the future when we get more information.

I'm getting this game no matter what, it looks fantastic, that doesn't mean we can't discuss what we want from the game.

I feel like we will see some amazing females revealed in later trailers :3 also please discuss what you want from the game I am not gonna stop you lol I have some things I want too

Wazzy

Banned
I feel like we will see some amazing females revealed in later trailers :3 also please discuss what you want from the game I am not gonna stop you lol I have some things I want too
Hopefully. I do think Stella and the other girl will turn good and be playable, just hoping I'm not wrong.

I need my FF romance fix :(

Gbraga

But Square has this track record in featuring females in their games, especially their mainline FF's.

Why stop that trend now?

Because they felt like it. Why can't they have creative autority over their games to make one where the party is all males? We shouldn't seek gender diversity for the sake of gender diversity. If the creator feels like some dude and his dude friends work better, why not?

If diversity is good, why isn't having one game in the series with no females in the party bad? Isn't this different from the others?

I can understand that you want to play as a well written female, I really do. But, well, you won't, not in this game. You can either deal with it or not play it at all, it's your choice.

Why would we compare real life to a fantasy setting?

You should ask Square-Enix. "This is a fantasy based on reality" has been a catchphrase for this game for a VERY long time.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Didn't Nomura say waaaay back there'd be more party members revealed?
Since then we've got Cor (assuming he's playable), and seeing as he said "members", I wouldn't be surprised if we got one or two females.
People really need to get over this shit regardless though.

The first time I saw that hooded character I thought it was Lightning.
He doesn't have long hair.

ibk1kqON5cQ8WO.gif

They are only up to his neck and are blonde. I actually thought this was Stella but then saw his picture in the recent trailer and he had the same hair but his character seems to have gotten a slight redesign.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Didn't Nomura say waaaay back there'd be more party members revealed?
Since then we've got Cor (assuming he's playable), and seeing as he said "members", I wouldn't be surprised if we got one or two females.
People really need to get over this shit regardless though.

That he did.

It's hard to hate Troy Baker, he's really good, he's just over-exposed.

But he's over exposed BECAUSE he's so good.

It's tough.

But even he couldn't make me like Snow.

I really want a Noctis x Stella romance in the game. I'm worried because Normura said he prefers stories of friendship rather than romance.

XII had virtually no romance. XIII failed to deliver in the romance department because Snow x Serah was awful and they really dropped the ball not pursuing Noel x Serah.

Kard8p3

These cast actually looks pretty cool, I can't wait to see whatever the story is play out, as this looks to be a very cool cast, especially along with every other character announced.

I'm very curious about this character
PWMUk3Qh.jpg

As Kagari has said he's voiced by Keiji Fujiwara, which hopefully implies he'll be a playful side character a-la Reno or Axel and be voiced by Quinton Flynn in the english version.

Since he's voiced by Keiji Fujiwara, I have very little doubt Flynn will be his english VA, as he seems to be the english voice for everyone this guys does. I am definitely excited to hear them both :)

charsace

Square should go to some of the Japanese fashion designers and let them design the clothes for the characters. Nomura is shit at fashion design. Let people who know what they are doing handle that.

Moxx19

Banned
I really want a Noctis x Stella romance in the game. I'm worried because Normura said he prefers stories of friendship rather than romance.

XII had virtually no romance. XIII failed to deliver in the romance department because Snow x Serah was awful and they really dropped the ball not pursuing Noel x Serah.

SE: "Fortunately we have a product for those who want romance in their game. It's called Final Fantasy VIII"

:p

Famassu

What stops a female from being tied in the story though?

Can a female not be put in a compromising scenario?
Nothing stops a female being tied to the story and I don't think anyone is AGAINST it per se, but this is simply the way Nomura has made it and we are saying it's stupid to complain about it at this point. He's a prince and has some close friends who are also his advisers and guards. Those are who will accompany Noctis throughout the game and I REALLY wouldn't expect too many more playable characters than what's been revealed so far, so I doubt there will be much in the way of playable female characters (because I don't think Stella's role is to accompany Noctis in his quest even if she isn't Teh Ultimate Villain or anything, and that other woman seems more like someone from the opposing side than anyone who'll join you).

Besides, the game DOES have a clearly prominent female character with Stella and another one will quite likely be that blackhaired woman we've only seen a glimpse of. Just because there possibly aren't any playable female characters doesn't mean they don't have an important role (to avoid disappointment, I wouldn't really expect the game to have any).

Terrible outfits all around in the op picture.
Suits are terrible now? That big fella does look silly with his shirt open, but otherwise there's nothing wrong with the outfits. The character designs look good, nothing really wrong about them in any sense, other than your obviously narrowminded preferences in style.

Sorry to tell you, but at least the last time Nomura talked about it, he said Final Fantasy XV(/Versus XIII) wouldn't have much in the way of romance. Although Noctis <3 Stella is an obvious choice based on what we've seen so far, that simply isn't happening because this game focuses on friendship (the good & bad of it), not on romance.

Top Bottom