• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Let me in

Ah, I must've missed a dungeon then, thanks.

Level 99, think it took about 2 and a half hours, its not difficult just long and boring. Make sure to stock up on potions/elixirs/Phoenix downs.

Took me about 30 minutes at level 93. Just make sure you have a good set of daggers equipped, eat guaranteed critical hit food and abuse armiger.

Gbraga

Man, I really didn't expect this, but I think Chapter 13 was ok?

I mean, from what I was reading, I thought it would either be one of the highlights of the game or a complete disaster, one of the worst moments in gaming. It was fine. I liked it a lot from a narrative perspective, and it was ok from a gameplay one. Not my favorite chapter, but not awful either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Could be a little shorter, but after 11 was weirdly short, it kinda balanced it out.

Maybe people get to this part of the game and they just want to binge to the end, so they feel like it never ends and it sours their experience? I stopped playing yesterday on the first time you save the game on Chapter 13, and did the rest today. It was fine.

Not a fan of this "removing your weapons to add tension" thing at all, but Alan Wake does it all the time and it's one of my favorite games from last gen. I can overlook it.

Forced slow walking is complete shit, but in this level it wasn't that slow. I'd compare it more to The Last of Us walking parts, where you can't sprint, but you can still move at a decent enough speed.

If they patch it to allow normal movement during the chapter, that would probably solve the issue of it feeling too long without having to actually restructure the level.

Hah, I think a lot of us went into chapter 13 with REALLY lower expectations and coming out okay as a result. Imo its a pretty well balanced chapter of the game, with only one horrendous plot moment
prompto mt thing
. Gameplay it is long but it reminded me of the shinra building a little
kind of mixed between pre and post sephiroth attack. If there were some actual characters, survivors etc to find and chat with it would be petfect

Gbraga

Hah, I think a lot of us went into chapter 13 with REALLY lower expectations and coming out okay as a result. Imo its a pretty well balanced chapter of the game, with only one horrendous plot moment
prompto mt thing
. Gameplay it is long but it reminded me of the shinra building a little
kind of mixed between pre and post sephiroth attack. If there were some actual characters, survivors etc to find and chat with it would be petfect

Yeah, I guess hearing people prepare me for how absolutely awful it was didn't hurt, haha.

Okay so this is Chapter 6 that people said didn't fit the game? It was okay.

Had the same reaction. Are you playing with japanese voices? I was wondering if the english dub made it sound way more dramatic than it does in japanese, and if that's the reason people felt so weirded out by it.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Had the same reaction. Are you playing with japanese voices? I was wondering if the english dub made it sound way more dramatic than it does in japanese, and if that's the reason people felt so weirded out by it.

Playing in English. Little change of pace and it was okay.

depward

How long does
Costlemark
take? Specifically to obtain the royal arm?

Wondering if my Vita can handle the whole thing via remote play.

This plays REALLY well on Vita remote play, in case anyone is curious. I've plugged probably 10-15 hours playing that way, doing quests and random things (
legendary weapons 1-3, even
).

Ah, I must've missed a dungeon then, thanks.

Level 99, think it took about 2 and a half hours, its not difficult just long and boring. Make sure to stock up on potions/elixirs/Phoenix downs.

Bah, no thanks, no plat for me then, ill continue to play some side missions and dlc, done.

Lexxism

It takes around 2+ hours to beat it.
Wow. I guess for good players. I'm probably sitting at 3 hours or something. I already suspended the games few times because I got tired playing.

Hope you counted those floors, there's . >_>
What? I already got the balmung and I'm thinking of just quitting but I'm already emotionally invested on it and don't want to let it go lol also fuck tonberry especially if they are four of them

Eumi

Just beat the game. No real summary to give or anything other than the normal one I've seen (good game, got flaws).

Will say one thing though: chapter 13 is probably the best chapter in the game and you people are insane. It's probably the most atmospheric dungeon I've seen in a JRPG, and the new mechanics gel fine with the old ones.

Gui_PT

Just finished
Pitioss Ruins

What I initially thought as a nice and challenging idea was completely ruined because that kind of platforming was not meant for how this character moves/controls.

Complete waste of a nice dungeon.

JayEH

How long does
Costlemark
take? Specifically to obtain the royal arm?

Wondering if my Vita can handle the whole thing via remote play.

This plays REALLY well on Vita remote play, in case anyone is curious. I've plugged probably 10-15 hours playing that way, doing quests and random things (
legendary weapons 1-3, even
).

Depends on how long the maze puzzle takes you. Might be worth it to look up a guide.

hemo memo

Gold Member
If you want to make Admantiose easier at 99,

Get Zwill crossblades, Enchantment for ignis, power and crit food, and use the power vx potion.

You start the fight , get 3 bars, cast enchantment 3 times and try to get all 3 elements, use power vx and go ham on his tail/ eyes, use armigar when needed,

shouldn't take more then 15-20min

From 2 and a half hours to 15 to 20 minutes? That's incredible.

Hah just checked my trophies for the first time. Have the 10 and 40 side quests trophies but not the 5 or 20. Will try not think too deeply about that Hahah

Kamitechi

From 2 and a half hours to 15 to 20 minutes? That's incredible.

Just a bit of research and use of game mecahnic (basically all of them).

i'm more suprised, half of the people I talked with about this game didn't really know that the tech skills sometimes carrry special attributes, like defense down, elemental damage and such.

heck sometimes they don't use food buffs

Jared being mourned is totally understandable. Talcot just lost his guardian and is a kid so his reaction is understandable. Noctis and party being upset also understandable as he was killed protecting them. Iris reaction also understandable, can't imagine watching someone be killed being very pleasant at all.

For the player, me at least, I didn't give a fuck as the game never fleshed him out but that's the situation with the story in general so i didn't give a fuck about any of the characters or story in this game as none of them got proper reasoning to give a fuck about them.

Okay, I figured his whole lack of explanation and sudden removal was the joke of the thread title.

On another point, I finally caved and watched Kingsglaive just so I could have a bare fucking understanding what is going on in this game. And, HOLY HELL I actually really liked Kingsglaive, why the fuck can't I play a game centered around Nyx? Fuck, Noctis' whiny ass and his band of high schoolers and frat boys. Plus, the story in Kingsglaive was relatively simple and easy to follow. It really is complete nonsense that a person has to watch a feature length film to understand really anything going on in FFXV.

sackninja

Okay, what just happened. I went on a hunt against level 34 coerls (called something like that). I was level 38. I couldn't scratch them. After five minutes of fighting none of their health bars went down. Was there a bug or are those things just really tough?

Okay, what just happened. I went on a hunt against level 34 coerls (called something like that). I was level 38. I couldn't scratch them. After five minutes of fighting none of their health bars went down. Was there a bug or are those things just really tough?

They are pretty solid I think. I fought a group of 5 for a hunt I believe and I was above their level, and had a real hard time anyway. Think I ended up crafting some op magic spells. I try not to do that but I was desperate hah

Man, it's too bad that AP farming and Magitek Suit V2 farming are such a slog. This is as monotonous as Trapezoid farming in FFXIII was but even less fun.

Give me FFVI's Brachiosaurs or FFIX's Yans any day of the week for endgame farming.

renzolama

I'm enjoying FFXV, but boy is it filled with obnoxious, outdated video game tropes. Remember how everyone has hated stealth follow missions for the past decade? Let's make sure to add a bunch to our JRPG! You know how nobody has ever liked enemies that blow up and do massive damage when they die? Let's make sure every machine in our game world explodes and kills everything around it! I heard people complaining a lot over the past few years about games that force them to go through half a dozen interface/dialog steps to perform simple, common actions? Let's make sure that our game requires you to have an extended conversation every time you want to play at night. Oh, and also please ensure that the day only lasts around two minutes so that every time the player gets ready to adventure out from his/her rest point it's already almost night again.

Edit: Not to mention area item fetch quests, bland meaningless side quests in general, quests with unique item requirements that provide no insight into where the item might actually be found, etc etc

Gui_PT

Man, it's too bad that AP farming and Magitek Suit V2 farming are such a slog. This is as monotonous as Trapezoid farming in FFXIII was but even less fun.

Give me FFVI's Brachiosaurs or FFIX's Yans any day of the week for endgame farming.

Just to be sure, the guy thast drops the MS V2 spawns more than once right? He won't stop showing up after kill him?

By him I mean it

Just to be sure, the guy thast drops the MS V2 spawns more than once right? He won't stop showing up after kill him?

By him I mean it
Yeah, it can spawn only in certain places but isn't a one-time fight. Think of it as being a random-encounter superboss like FFI's WarMech.

If there were a way to guarantee spawning it (like you can with Hunts) it'd be really preferable, tbh.

demu

Quick question: Do I have to start a new game to get the Nixperience Band after I dowloaded the free pack? Can't find it in my inventory.

edit: Nevermind. It is in my inventory, just wasn't marked as 'new'.

Gui_PT

Yeah, it can spawn only in certain places but isn't a one-time fight. Think of it as being a random-encounter superboss like FFI's WarMech.

If there were a way to guarantee spawning it (like you can with Hunts) it'd be really preferable, tbh.

Thanks.

I agree it would be nice if you could get this guy as a hunt or something of the sort. 5% drop rate? Not going to be fun.

Gbraga

Just beat the game and got the platinum. Almost 127 hours. I loved it. Don't think I'll tackle the post game today, though, I need a break, haha. Probably tomorrow.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
just started the game..
So one of your friends takes selfies and other photo's of your adventure?

I felt awkward as hell when i was browsing to pictures.
Made me feel really really old.

Hunts are cool tho!

On chapter 3 what's with these constant fucking drop ships when I'm on a side quest?

I get they want me dead but seriously every 30 seconds!

Why do you have to kill the lvl 38 Bandersnatch to do the exp boost? Do other enemies work too?

It's just about casting the spells. I did it on a bunch of low level and magitek enemies.
It doesn't matter, as long as you use the spells with the exp 50% or 100% food buff.

jiggle

Finished all the
menace under dungeons and pitioss
dungeon
Actually liking the game a little more when the story and characters are out of the equation
The battle system can be genuinely fun sometimes
The loots continue to suck though

Top Bottom