• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

spidye

Those fights are traps to punish you for ending up down in that room and it keeps adding enemies the more you go in there, I don't know exactly how the cube puzzles work but it's possible to get to the Royal Tomb without fighting Red Giants.

puzzle?
I could only interact with one specific elevator assigned by the game at a time. there was no puzzle at my end

I used the term "puzzle" loosely to quickly describe the part.

Quick question - we bought the Deluxe Edition digitally, do we have to wait for a certain point in the story to be able to use all of the bonuses that come with it?
The bonuses are available as soon as you download them. i think there is even a message that tells you that it loaded the items.

I went there, and there are no elements I could interact with. Do you have to trigger it somehow?

Also, Prompto snapped a pic of a Gravanade, mid-explosion. Guy's so suicidal, he could work for BBC Wild.

Caim

I went there, and there are no elements I could interact with. Do you have to trigger it somehow?

Also, Prompto snapped a pic of a Gravanade, mid-explosion. Guy's so suicidal, he could work for BBC Wild.

During battle in that area there is a warp spot and you need to drop down to the ledge beneath you (should be a ladder attached) and when the battle. I just used my tech bar and had everyone else finish the enemies off.

Philia

On Ch.7. I'm level 34 but everything seems to be kicking my ass. I keep having to use Elixirs. Am I severely underdeveloped or am I just missing something.

Horde your exp and use it at Galdin Quay's 10k stay for double exp. Even some monsters HAVE to be a bitch (I'm look at you Coecurls and Red Giants) no matter what level.

During battle in that area there is a warp spot and you need to drop down to the ledge beneath you (should be a ladder attached) and when the battle. I just used my tech bar and had everyone else finish the enemies off.
Sorry, I meant Costlemark. I got the Duarel one already.

I can get to the huge room at the bottom, but all that's there is one red tile that takes me back to the entrance.

On that note, is there supposed to be something in the nest and that huge area next to it in the volcano? There was nothing there, and I felt like there should have been a boss or something. I just strolled in and took the royal arm.

Sorry, I meant Costlemark. I got the Duarel one already.

I can get to the huge room at the bottom, but all that's there is one red tile that takes me back to the entrance.

On that note, is there supposed to be something in the nest and that huge area next to it in the volcano? There was nothing there, and I felt like there should have been a boss or something. I just strolled in and took the royal arm.

Costlemark:
one of the cubes on the floor becomes an elevator you can go down, apparently it's RNG which one

Volcano:
A hunt later brings you there

Costlemark:
one of the cubes on the floor becomes an elevator you can go down, apparently it's RNG which one

Volcano:
A hunt later brings you there
Ah. Gotcha about the Volcano.

As for Costlemark, I walked on all of them, and nothing did anything. Do I need to trigger something before going there? Maybe a story point or something? I'm in chapter 3, and the main plot quest is to see Iris in Lestallum.

CLBridges

Started Steyliff sealed at 9pm and didn't finish until after midnight, sheesh. I dread taking on the next level ones. Gonna have to save those for the weekend.

Ultimadrago

Started Steyliff sealed at 9pm and didn't finish until after midnight, sheesh. I dread taking on the next level ones. Gonna have to save those for the weekend.

I just finished Costlemark Sealed and am dreading starting on Steyliff's floors. Did you find yourself relying on lots of magic for it?

Deku Tree

I've got three post game dungeons left.

Then I've done everything that I want to do in FFXV. Only skipping some side quests.

Still need to do the
100 floor and the 50 floor
dungeons.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I got to the Arena. I thought it was going to be way more complicated than what it was when I got there. Took a little awhile, but now I have the hang of things. Sometimes the AI just fucking sucks though lol.

Deku Tree

Ah. Gotcha about the Volcano.

As for Costlemark, I walked on all of them, and nothing did anything. Do I need to trigger something before going there? Maybe a story point or something? I'm in chapter 3, and the main plot quest is to see Iris in Lestallum.

You have to walk very close to one of them to see the press X notice pop up.

Is Costlemark the
puzzle dungeon that takes 5 hours
? If so, what's the point of finishing it? What are the rewards, and do any of them help getting the Platinum?

Deku Tree

Is Costlemark the
puzzle dungeon that takes 5 hours
? If so, what's the point of finishing it? What are the rewards, and do any of them help getting the Platinum?

No thats Pitioss. It didn't take me five hours but it did take me three. It doesn't contribute to the platinum but it is filled with amazing loot. The reward item at the end is pretty amazing.

No thats Pitioss. It didn't take me five hours but it did take me three. It doesn't contribute to the platinum but it is filled with amazing loot. The reward item at the end is pretty amazing.

I already finished Pitioss but all I think I have left as far as optional dungeons go is Costlemark. What type of dungeon is it, then? What is the reward.

Deku Tree

I already finished Pitioss but all I think I have left as far as optional dungeons go is Costlemark. What type of dungeon is it, then? Is the reward.

That's the
level 99 dungeon that doesn't allow you to use items that has 50 floors. Use healcast spells and all the stuff that makes party members auto heal each other.
I haven't done it yet. It's not a puzzle dungeon.

That's the
level 99 dungeon that doesn't allow you to use items that has 50 floors. Use healcast spells and all the stuff that makes party members auto heal each other.
I haven't done it yet. It's not a puzzle dungeon.

Ok, thanks. Probably won't bother with it then.

So I'm playing the post-game "sealed" dungeons. So far I have done the first two (in the order the game suggests them). And I have to say, these are a joke. I have not seen "level design" this bad since Bloodborne's random gerenated chalice dungeons.

Do these get any better? I understand that it's extra content. I have enjoyed the game so far (for 70 hours or so). But at this point, I think I'm about to just quit.

MrBS

Got the platinum, good times. I only had two trophies to get after beating the game so I decided to do that at least before taking a break. I adore this game and its open world goodness. As for the latter half of the main quest, what a mess. I hope the devs get the balance right for the DLC.

Deku Tree

So I'm playing the post-game "sealed" dungeons. So far I have done the first two (in the order the game suggests them). And I have to say, these are a joke. I have not seen "level design" this bad since Bloodborne's random gerenated chalice dungeons.

Do these get any better? I understand that it's extra content. I have enjoyed the game so far (for 70 hours or so). But at this point, I think I'm about to just quit.

The last one is a little different. But no the sealed dungeons are basically just rooms with monsters in them. And you can get very OP weapons and items in them.

There is no level design to them ... just different monster combinations.

If you are level 99 then all but two of them are really really easy.

Started this today and played for 5.5 hours, at the start of chapter 3 now.

At this point I can't help but feel like it's just a worse version of Xenoblade? You're really restricted in traversal, in the first 30 seconds I found I can't jump on top of cars, then later found I can't swim, then shortly after found I can't even jump off high ledges.

Then the fast travel is really goofy. You can fast travel to your car, and from there fast travel elsewhere. Why not cut out the middle man?

Not far enough in to comment on the quests. While Xenoblade had a ton of MMO style gather, kill etc quests it also had some really great ones that fleshed out the world and characters (that whole character relationship chart was amazing).

I'm still having fun, but just with how similar the game structures are it's hard not to compare them.

E: Oh and I forgot the biggest thing. Every time I go to pick up a glowing blue orb I jump instead, Xeno didn't have that problem (and this goes for opening doors, talking to NPCs etc). Why is this so finicky? Even when the button prompt is on screen it doesn't work all the time.

At this point I can't help but feel like it's just a worse version of Xenoblade? You're really restricted in traversal, in the first 30 seconds I found I can't jump on top of cars, then later found I can't swim, then shortly after found I can't even jump off high ledges.

Then the fast travel is really goofy. You can fast travel to your car, and from there fast travel elsewhere. Why not cut out the middle man?

Not far enough in to comment on the quests. While Xenoblade had a ton of MMO style gather, kill etc quests it also had some really great ones that fleshed out the world and characters (that whole character relationship chart was amazing).

I'm still having fun, but just with how similar the game structures are it's hard not to compare them.

I agree, and I assume you're referring to Xenoblade X? The world in that game is much more lively, more huge, and more varied in its scenery. It helps being able to climb mountains and fly onto plateaus or huge trees and actually land, get out of your vehicle, and maneuver somewhere besides the ground floor of anything. I liked FFXV but XCX really blows it out of the water.

Geg

C12MruRXAAQC2LM.jpg

Noctis: "nice"

Robiin

This game takes me out of the experience so many times every sitting. Starting to get annoyed.

Right now I rested and Prompto came with his depression speech with Noctis. The dialouge is fine, it's just five minutes of character development... BUT I'VE HEARD IT BEFORE. THE EXACT SAME SCENE. It just reeks of unpolished bs.

Decided to do the Platinum. That biggest of all boss
Adamantoise
was just such a sadly realized fight, was honestly yawning and rolling my eyes waiting for it to end. While it was that sour note that was my last thing I'm doing with the game for now I still enjoyed FFXV overall.

Surprisingly I ended up liking fishing and the infamous
Costlemark Tower
dungeon, the other items on the to-do list. I took note of only one thing before going in to that dungeon, specifically that --gameplay help/spoiler--
that whenever I got to some area that had four potential corner spots in a large room that I'd be hoping to get the southwest one
. Just enough to know not to get frustrated but keeping most surprises.

Trojita

Balouve Mines was weird.

Mostly just lvl 7 enemies. The carts being pushed was wild though.

It confused the fuck out of me when that high level ronin slashed me off the walking platform.

So... one of the things people were talking about a while back was that it was weird that Noctis has a swimming animation... I didn't think too much of it, til I replayed the Leviathan fight today. Turns out, you can fall into the water and then, you guessed it... Swim. So it's not unused at all, just something unlikely for most people to see in a single scene and then thrown away.

Ultimadrago

This game takes me out of the experience so many times every sitting. Starting to get annoyed.

Right now I rested and Prompto came with his depression speech with Noctis. The dialouge is fine, it's just five minutes of character development... BUT I'VE HEARD IT BEFORE. THE EXACT SAME SCENE. It just reeks of unpolished bs.

LOL. Yeah, I was fine with that scene, but I could imagine the annoyance if they repeated it on me. Actually, I was hoping there would be more scenes like that for everyone, but hidden Camp "Tours" are those essentially with less dialogue choices. I wish there were more intimate scenes including more of the hotels (with no repeats).

Surprisingly I ended up liking fishing and the infamous
Costlemark Tower
dungeon, the other items on the to-do list. I took note of only one thing before going in to that dungeon, specifically that --gameplay help/spoiler--
that whenever I got to some area that had four potential corner spots in a large room that I'd be hoping to get the southwest one
. Just enough to know not to get frustrated but keeping most surprises.

I will say that I'm actually impressed by how much I enjoyed fishing (time consuming as it was). I can't think of another RPG that has done it better. Pulling in a big fish takes just the right amount of concentration and bullshitery.

Just reached Chapter 10 and passed the "threshold" where the story becomes more linear.

Despite the storytelling being a mess, I actually like the tonal shift. I'm interesting in seeing where this goes.

Whats bad about them, was going to try, just got platinum.

Ultimadrago

I tried the ruins again last night. I hate them so much, but I want
the black hood

Can someone come over and finish them for me?

I used the speedrun technique from online. It still took me a while, but not nearly as long as some (perhaps 45 min to an hour due to perfecting the stamina boost jump + jumping on thin rails sucks). You skip the Genji Gloves and Oracle Coins that way but...fuck them gloves and coins. Don't need 'em! There is a Magic Flask skipped as well though, I think.

Black Hood, however, has been nice to have in certain situations. Neat item.

The Magitek Generator is such a garbage prize at such a high level of medals.

Arena is where you get that nice fish bait too, right? Hmm, not sure if I want to waste time on the Pink Gar since I already earned the Blaze Bahamut. Might just skip it entirely.

Trojita

Arena is where you get that nice fish bait too, right? Hmm, not sure if I want to waste time on the Pink Gar since I already earned the Blaze Bahamut. Might just skip it entirely.

The bait has Typhoon/Chupon. Still need the last two skill levels of fishing done so I can finish this fishing quest.

RiggyRob

E: Oh and I forgot the biggest thing. Every time I go to pick up a glowing blue orb I jump instead, Xeno didn't have that problem (and this goes for opening doors, talking to NPCs etc). Why is this so finicky? Even when the button prompt is on screen it doesn't work all the time.

We're playing both at the moment, and I'd say currently FFXV is a more linear/limited game in terms of movement and options in the overworld, but it blows Xenoblade X away in graphical detail and battle system.

Top Bottom