• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV release date reveal on March 30th in 6300 cp theater by Kinda Funny

Boke1879

Its a big event isnt it, this game

Yup. The release date is part of it, but it'll also be a huge info blowout of the game. Showing it in a complete or near complete state. They also mentioned product information. So I'm sure they'll announce a CE as well.

Koozek

They are also announcing a public demo they said right?
Yup, with Noctis as a kid. It features combat, too, but in a different way than the recent footage we saw according to Tabata (details will revealed at the March event). It's supposed to get newcomers to the game/FF series acquainted with the game's premise and world.

Kid-Noctis.png

DOWN

Banned
They're renting a 6300 seat auditorium to reveal the game's release date.
Let's not act like that's the sole focus. It's clearly an event to give all sorts of demo and game info like a conference and event for fans. They aren't just doing it to drop the date if they have hosts etc

meerak

In the ATR Tabata says there will lots of new information and that the event is aimed at the mass market as a Public Relaunch of sorts. You know, for the 99% of people who'll end up buying this game in the end. Also, release date and "price" info (editions/bundles I guess?).

Personally I'm pretty excited to see what they've got lined up but debating whether to spoil myself or not.

It sounds like after the March event there'll be no more ATRs. Makes sense but bummer still. Have really enjoyed this interesting/hilarious peek into the development of this game.

xion4360

This "announcement of an announcement" thing people seem annoyed by is stupid as hell.

Its like being annoyed that they announced the dates for next years E3...don't you want to know when an event is going to take place? Its not like they are just going to announce the release date! there will be lots of other news and media.

theofficefan99

I live in LA. I really want to go to this event, especially since I think they'll hand out free stuff.... but I don't want stuff spoiled.

Bousf

I bet Tim's is, I just dunno about Greg. Don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, though.
Exactly. I feel like having a FF fan and a neutral part will call for an interesting hosting. I also think that KF can give a boost to the right kind of buzz about the game.

Lucreto

I say it will be a short sharp advertising campaign and would not be surprised if we get an end of June release date.

Mediking

There's obviously gonna be a Limited Edition announced at Uncovered: FF XV. What do you think will be included? I bet a artbook will be included but what else???

Koozek

There's obviously gonna be a Limited Edition announced at Uncovered: FF XV. What do you think will be included? I bet a artbook will be included but what else???

Making-of DVD (everything since 2006), please :D I'd probably buy the CE then.

chefbags

I'm hoping for a console edition with the art on top and the ps4/xbone to be in color blue much like the theme for Noctis. I would pay so quick for that.

Mediking

I'm hoping for a console edition with the art on top and the ps4/xbone to be in color blue much like the theme for Noctis. I would pay so quick for that.

Oh yeah... I do think a console edition is gonna happen. Especially for Japan and even Europe. But us Americans? I'm not so sure... I also want FF XV avatars and themes.

I would imagine a FFXV themed PS4 since Sony is marketing this game.

At Japan/Asia, 99% sure.

Europe has a pretty good chance for it too.

But SCEA is pretty stingy with LE bundles. Especially since there's a pretty good chance imo that Uncharted 4 and CoD 2016 will get their own custom PS4s, so not much availability left.

Mediking

At Japan/Asia, 99% sure.

But SCEA is pretty stingy with LE bundles. Especially since there's a pretty good chance imo that Uncharted 4 and CoD 2016 will get their own custom PS4s, so not much availability left.

Yeah, I highly doubt us Americans is gonna get a special looking Final Fantasy XV themed PS4. I HIGHLY doubt it. Japan and Europe will get that.

At Japan/Asia, 99% sure.

After seeing that ugly CoD PS4, I pray to god they don't even bother. I don't recall there ever being an Uncharted themed PlayStation console.

If they are going to make a limited edition console I would imagine it would be for FFXV because they want to sell it on their console. Even if they didn't put one out. I can already see the FFXV commercials proclaiming it's best played on PS4, which will probably be true.

COD has a 99.9% chance of getting a LE bundle. The brand is extremely powerful and to not capitalise on that would be stupid.

There's never been one for Uncharted, but I think UC4 will buck that trend.

They've said it's going to be a huge event.
- New trailer (showcasing a fuck ton of content, story details etc, that haven't been revealed yet)
- Release date
- Pricing
- CE details
- Details of the free demo
- Gameplay demonstrations onstage

Should be enough to warrant a big event :)
Pricing? The only reason why they feel the need for disclosing that is because it's not going to be a standard $60 release. And after that they did to Hitman and FFVIIR this makes me very worried for FFXV turning into an episodic game or having a season pass or some shit.

Pricing? The only reason why they feel the need for disclosing that is because it's not going to be a standard $60 release. And after that they did to Hitman and FFVIIR this makes me very worried for FFXV turning into an episodic game or having a season pass or some shit.

You have to remember that they'll be announcing details for every territory. It's going to be a worldwide launch so pricing obviously varies. That and Japan's high end titles can be quite expensive there. Plus they'll be announcing the CE prices.

I'm guessing "big sloppy mess due to internal SE issues" until it was effectively canned and semi-repurposed into XV, at which point it started going at least relatively smoothly. Won't the current iteration of the game have been in development for 3-4 years assuming it releases this year? That's not exactly terrible for a game with the scope and quality they are aiming for.

It also has had the full backing of Square Enix ever since it's name changed to Final Fantasy XV from Versus XIII. That has obviously done wonders to the pace of development. It's looking to be a great game.

Skittles

I would laugh so fucking hard if there was a season pass for this game. "After close to a decade of waiting, buy the season pass for the rest of the content" :p

COD has a 99.9% chance of getting a LE bundle. The brand is extremely powerful and to not capitalise on that would be stupid.

There's never been one for Uncharted, but I think UC4 will buck that trend.

Too bad they are ugly as sin. Sony already has the CoD DLC on their console first, that's a smart way to capitalize on the CoD brand.

Maybe FFXV will have DLC on PS4 first.

Too bad they are ugly as sin. Sony already has the CoD DLC on their console first, that's a smart way to capitalize on the CoD brand.

Maybe FFXV will have DLC on PS4 first.

Well, if Sony isn't blind to criticism, they should know full well that a lot of forum-goers and outspoken advocates (eg. Colin Moriarty) has exclaimed the ugliness of the BLOP3 bundle and mixed feelings on the SW one, so hopefully they do better this year.

Yo, Sony, you had 4 nice custom consoles last year. DQ Heroes PS4, PSOne PS4, MGSV PS4 and Destiny TTK PS4. The rest were ugly! <rant>

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I remember seeing Taipei Game Show showing FFXV for PS4 only, so I'm guessing FFXV will only be for PS4 in the Asian region?

Obviously they're going to also announce 16 and 17 just like the old millenium event which saw 9, 10, and 11

This I could see being worth renting a venue out for, but I doubt it. It has to be more than just FFXV info though, otherwise that's almost as weird as the whole Maxim thing which I had forgot about until this thread. Man that was odd.

This I could see being worth renting a venue out for, but I doubt it. It has to be more than just FFXV info though, otherwise that's almost as weird as the whole Maxim thing which I had forgot about until this thread. Man that was odd.

I feel like if we get a new FF announcement it would be at E3 or TGS.

Mortemis

Banned

What I want: a full featured art book, not just a couple of concept art but a ton of pages, the full OST, and a steel book.

Nothing else, no dumb statues or figures, just that priced right. I'd probably buy that.

I wanna see an artbook with the early Versus concept arts, just to see how much the project has changed over the years.

Also want to see some actual Nomura art. If I'm not mistaken, the only 2 Nomura-drawn pieces we've seen of Noctis are the FF 25th Anniversary program and the Dengeki Playstation 500th issue cover?? There has to be a lot more than that that they haven't shown.

Colin is a super fan of old Final Fantasy (FF1-VII? Maybe FFVIII and IX but I've never heard him speak of them) but he loathes all FF's from FFX and onwards so even if he was more outgoing/appropriate to host he wouldn't be a good choice.

The range of questions and understanding of the series historically, as he was a fan from the start and acknowledges why he dislikes post-FFX Final Fantasies, to me at least, show he'd be a good candidate.

You have to remember that they'll be announcing details for every territory. It's going to be a worldwide launch so pricing obviously varies. That and Japan's high end titles can be quite expensive there. Plus they'll be announcing the CE prices.
That does make sense. I hope you're right!

It's a pipe dream but it would be nice if they could honor Nomura, and have him speak about the project.

Regardless of how the game ended up, this was his baby, and it must be surreal to see it finally realized, despite it may not being exactly what he intended it to be.

Mediking

It's a pipe dream but it would be nice if they could honor Nomura, and have him speak about the project.

Regardless of how the game ended up, this was his baby, and it must be surreal to see it finally realized, despite it may not being exactly what he intended it to be.

I don't know... Nomura-san is juggling Kingdom Hearts 3 AND Kingdom Hearts 2.8 AND Final Fantasy 7 Remake. The man is extremely busy.

Top Bottom