• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: The Dawn of the Future's English release date was announced, June 23, 2020

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Final Fantasy XVI has already been 100% in production for at least a few years.
And like any other Final Fantasy it will surely be something new and different from all the previous chapters.

The Final Fantasy saga is in excellent health.
And games like Final Fantasy XV, Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers and Final Fantasy VII Remake clearly demonstrate this.

First of all, Final Fantasy XV have one of the most beautiful story, and Lore, of the entire franchise.
And Final Fantasy XV have also one of the best OST of all the Final Fantasy saga.

Second, the Novel is an extra optional content for the game's narrative Universe.
It wasn't created for fix anything.

Because simply there's no need to actually fix anything at all.

Do you like it?
Then take the Novel for some nice extra stuff.

Otherwise, if you don't care, go even elsewhere.
But I sure you that there's who actually like the game, and who actually is interested in the Novel as I am.

What soundtrack? You’re in the car and listening to almost pure silence on unless you have the radio on to play recycled FF music. When you get out of the car...

The little music they do have can’t compare to the soundtracks of Uematsu, Mitsuda, etc.

Have you even played FFIV-X?

D.Final

Banned
No, it is not.

Yes, for me Final Fantasy XV is one of the best games of this generation.
And one of the best Final Fantasy ever made.

And the dungeons of the game are magnificent, and extremely beautiful.
In addition to being masterfully made.

P.S.: accept my opinion, or ignoring it if you prefer.
But than go elsewhere, and don't attack my personal opinion.

Last edited:

royox

As players you have to do everything possible to prevent others from enjoying a game you don't like ?

Yes. It's a boycott against anti-consumer policies. Same that happened with Battlefront 2 because of the lootboxes and p2w features. I don't want future FF games to be uncompleted messes that are completed in 4 years of paid dlc.

D.Final

Banned
As players you have to do everything possible to prevent others from enjoying a game you don't like ? FF XV was fantastic. Stop trying to force your opinion onto other players. If you don't like FF XV, go play something else.

Actually I don't, because I have no interest in EA games, so I don't go into these topics to say how shitty their games are.

I fully agree.

People like Royox, ultimaKilo, .rain, vawn, santaC2, ethomaz, ecc...., they are not a real Final Fantasy fans.

Because they are hater of Final Fantasy

Last edited:

Oddspeak

GJR7Y66.jpg

base

Banned
By suppor
Yes, for me Final Fantasy XV is one of the best games of this generation.
And one of the best Final Fantasy ever made.

And the dungeons of the game are magnificent, and extremely beautiful.
In addition to being masterfully made.

P.S.: accept my opinion, or ignoring it if you prefer.
But than go elsewhere, and don't attack my personal opinion.
By supporting incomplete games we, consumers, are being fuck**.

Vawn

Banned
I fully agree.

People like Royox, ultimaKilo, .rain, vawn, santaC2, ethomaz, ecc...., they are not a real Final Fantasy fans.

Because they are hater of Final Fantasy

Dude I've been a hardcore Final Fantasy fan since the very first entry released on NES. There isn't an entry that I haven't beaten at least 3 times (excluding XV). And I have spent an absurd amount of time in the online games, especially XI.

This is exactly why SquareEnix pissing all over the franchise with XV upsets me so much. Calling this open-world boy band fetch quest "Final Fantasy" is an insult to us fans of the series.

Zelent

Final Fantasy XV was one of the worst games I've played in my entire life.
Being part of the FF franchise just adds insult to injury.

The game did look pretty though, but that's about all it had going for it.

Vawn

Banned
Epic fail to be banned from your own thread. How is that even possible?

This has actually been pretty tame compared to some of his other FFXV meltdowns.

He often starts spamming FFXV gifs and shouting "Haters gonna hate". I'm surprised he lasted this long.

cireza

I still don't understand why people come to such topic to begin with. One guy is trying to share something he likes, and the topic is simply full of people that don't care about the game, and come here to basically say "your game is shit". In every. Single. Thread. about FF XV.

And there you have it, a succession of irrelevant posts like this. Is there still room for people who enjoyed FF XV to have a discussion about it in a topic dedicated to it without having to go through this shit ?

How difficult is it to simply stay out of a topic that does not interest you ?

Or maybe it actually became a game to annoy D.Final and try to get him banned ?

Last edited:
What are the Gifs from in the OP? Is that the Royal Edition? I grabbed this when it was new, and it was OK. I liked it better than the trainwreck that was FF XIII (13), but still thought it was mediocre. I really didnt like the random summons, the boss battles that you could not die from (leviathan) and other things like that

Quezacolt

The game is ok, not bad, but not great either, there's fun to be had with it, but calling it a masterpiece or one of the best games of this generation? really? A game that needed to have story content patched into it to make it less awful, horrible driving, mediocre but flashy combat, made you have to watch or read other stuff just to get essential info of the plot, awful summons based on basically rng, etc...

It's ok to like something that is mediocre, hell, i enjoy some of the 3d sonic games, but i would never call them masterpieces, and being ok with how this game was handled is just sending the wrong message to publishers, letting them know they can just screw their consumers, i don't know about the OP, but i'd rather have a good game, with a complete and decent story than have something unfinished that has to get patched multiple times and in the end still ends up being a mess.

The game had good ideas behind it, the cast was great, it looks beautiful, and the soundtrack is amazing, i just wish the rest of the game was as good as those parts.

Also, before he returns and starts throwing the "haters" "fake fans" words around, i'd say that a real fan understands that sometimes they might love something, even if it isnt really good, and they are able to talk about the problems the game/movie/song/whatever has, and not pretend that thing is perfect. don't become a blind fanboy

Last edited:

DS_Joost

I still don't understand why people come to such topic to begin with. One guy is trying to share something he likes, and the topic is simply full of people that don't care about the game, and come here to basically say "your game is shit". In every. Single. Thread. about FF XV.

And there you have it, a succession of irrelevant posts like this. Is there still room for people who enjoyed FF XV to have a discussion about it in a topic dedicated to it without having to go through this shit ?

How difficult is it to simply stay out of a topic that does not interest you ?

Or maybe it actually became a game to annoy D.Final and try to get him banned ?

Well he kinda brings it on himself, doesn't he? Thing is, you are on a discussion forum. Get it? Discussion. Forum. Which implies there will be such a thing as discussion. You say we come here to say ''your game is shit''. That is twisting the narrative. Plenty of people gave good points about why they think it's not a great game. If you don't want to discuss, heck, then don't bring this shit up in, again, a DISCUSSION FORUM. I don't want to come across as childish, but it seems some people here need to get that point rammed down their throats before they start seeing the reality of things.

Also, about some other reactions, including mine: it's the internet. It's a free space. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. You get what you give and all that. Grow some thick skin or don't post at all, and especially not like that.

Last edited:

zenspider

THIS

2aY1r2A.gif

When people learn to accept the opinions of others, it will be a better world.

Because today, if you have a positive opinion about Final Fantasy XV, here is the reaction you get.

PZI57xB.gif

I don't think we have to accept each others opinions wholesale, but to accept that they are opinions.

What really sucks is that when there is something so contentious as FFXV, we have this chance to figure out something really interesting: why did I (and you, and few others), lifelong Final Fantasy players really love this game, and most others did not -some so utterly disappointed as to be emotionally triggered?

There's no right or wrong here, but we argue like there is facts - the worst offender being the majority is right somehow.

Paltheos

I actually just finished this game last night, and yeah I think it's ok too. Partly picked it up out of a morbid curiosity of how it turned out after reading all those stories about its troubled production history.

It's hard to pull myself from all those stories, but I want to say that even if I went in blind that the experience would still be jarring. The plot jumps about or omits or presents unclearly elements of the story and world. Sometimes it works but other times you're left scratching your head why the game would jump from beat A to C but then not hesitate to send you on a story mission that's a waste of time. There's already so little of it after all but in spite of that I'm still impressed in a way with what they managed to put together. Final Fantasy XV is a completed video game. Feint praise but they really did it. Everything technically works in the gameplay too - to a clean sheen - even if some of the ideas and implementation are intensely flawed.

PS: Anyone saying the game has no good music tracks obv. wasn't paying attention. I can think of a few battle tracks I really like. Omnis Lacrima's probably my personal favorite. The OST isn't this particular composer's best but there's some winners in there.

Last edited:

cireza

Well he kinda brings it on himself, doesn't he? Thing is, you are on a discussion forum. Get it? Discussion. Forum. Which implies there will be such a thing as discussion. You say we come here to say ''your game is shit''. That is twisting the narrative. Plenty of people gave good points about why they think it's not a great game. If you don't want to discuss, heck, then don't bring this shit up in, again, a DISCUSSION FORUM. I don't want to come across as childish, but it seems some people here need to get that point rammed down their throats before they start seeing the reality of things.

Also, about some other reactions, including mine: it's the internet. It's a free space. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. You get what you give and all that. Grow some thick skin or don't post at all, and especially not like that.
So you have an opinion about the game and that's awesome. Everybody has an opinion. Are you actively checking every single thread on the internet about FF XV to repeat again and again your negative opinion ? Is this still even a discussion, or work ?

Game was released many years ago, people who were dissatisfied expressed their opinions plenty of times already. Can't we let the people who want to discuss the game in peace ? Should I still go to every single SNES thread to explain how this console sucks in my opinion ?

In these thread, you always get the same persons repeating every time the same negative things. Great discussion. I think we all got the point, if they could move on to the next thing, that would be awesome.

Last edited:

Shifty

What a shame.

Absolutely no one saw that coming. But for me this is one of the greatest NeoGAF bans ever made, it has the best story in the series and also the best characters.

I for one cannot wait to not ask questions, just consume ban and get excited for next ban.

Hype over 9999xLIMIT BREAK = OMNIBAN:messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts::messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:
The Novel of Final Fantasy XV - The Dawn of the Future had already been announced many months ago.
And it's already out in Japan.
And it tells alternative events in the Final Fantasy XV Universe.

If you are interested, buy it.
There's not much to do around it.

I am very interested in the Novel.
Because I really enjoyed the entire narrative universe of Final Fantasy XV.

(and in fact I consider Final Fantasy XV one of the best games of this generation)
Crikey, You must not have played anything else this generation then.

ethomaz

Banned
Why is this a thing for FF XV ?
Because it is something that can't happen again with us consumers.
Square Enix used and abused of Final Fantasy name to bully us with FFXV... it was an incomplete game, with tons of bugs, without ingame story, and atrocious gameplay decisions.

Square Enix needs to know they can't repeat that again with FFXVI.
So more gamers conscientize that they needs a better game it will be better to everybody.

At that point everybody is looking at FFXVI instead another novel to try to explain what happened on FFXV again.

Last edited:

DS_Joost

So you have an opinion about the game and that's awesome. Everybody has an opinion. Are you actively checking every single thread on the internet about FF XV to repeat again and again your negative opinion ? Is this still even a discussion, or work ?

Game was released many years ago, people who were dissatisfied expressed their opinions plenty of times already. Can't we let the people who want to discuss the game in peace ? Should I still go to every single SNES thread to explain how this console sucks in my opinion ?

In these thread, you always get the same persons repeating every time the same negative things. Great discussion. I think we all got the point, if they could move on to the next thing, that would be awesome.

It's not not a great discussion just because you don't like the points being made or just because you think the points are repeated too many times. Such are the woes of a public internet forum. Want to discuss nice and private? Invite some friends over, pour a beer, play the OST and discuss away with like minded people of your choosing. Great how easy the world works sometimes, isn't it?

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It's not not a great discussion just because you don't like the points being made or just because you think the points are repeated too many times. Such are the woes of a public internet forum. Want to discuss nice and private? Invite some friends over, pour a beer, play the OST and discuss away with like minded people of your choosing. Great how easy the world works sometimes, isn't it?

Most of the first page are "Who cares, the game is shite" or "Your taste is crap". Hardly good critiques like you claimed. "You say we come here to say ''your game is shit''. That is twisting the narrative. Plenty of people gave good points about why they think it's not a great game. " Yet, that is literally what most of the people who came here did. D.Final acted like a child as well, but don't act like the others are doing any better.

DS_Joost

Most of the first page are "Who cares, the game is shite" or "Your taste is crap". Hardly good critiques like you claimed. "You say we come here to say ''your game is shit''. That is twisting the narrative. Plenty of people gave good points about why they think it's not a great game. " Yet, that is literally what most of the people who came here did. D.Final acted like a child as well, but don't act like the others are doing any better.

Ah, but you just said it yourself. Most. Not all. Wanna play the semantics game, don't you?

Good way of making an absolute non argument. You invalidate your own point in the first sentence. That's impressive.

I hope you don't wanna argue the meaning of the word plenty...

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Ah, but you just said it yourself. Most. Not all. Wanna play the semantics game, don't you?

Good way of making an absolute non argument. You invalidate your own point in the first sentence. That's impressive.

I hope you don't wanna argue the meaning of the word plenty...

When you make claims that are clearly incorrect, then yes I will argue. The only thing "invalidated" here is your original statement. It is impressive the amount of cognitive dissonance you have in this thread.

DS_Joost

When you make claims that are clearly incorrect, then yes I will argue. The only thing "invalidated" here is your original statement. It is impressive the amount of cognitive dissonance you have in this thread.

Wow, cognitive dissonance. Someone discovered the argument buzzwords bingo, didn't you? Now tell me, in what way do I display cognitive dissonance, if you even know the true meaning of it. And come with examples, not another broad meaningless statement.

Also, why is invalidated in between hyphens? In this case, the hyphens don't add anything. At all. You are using argumental tactics without properly knowing when to use them. Sounds like debating club 101 to me.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Final Fantasy XV sucks and the series itself is one fantasy that im still waiting to become FINAL. LOL.

What are the .gifs attached? PC gameplay? CGI?

No, it is not.
You don't have to agree... but overall... it just may be.

Final Fantasy XV sucks and the series itself is one fantasy that im still waiting to become FINAL. LOL.

Thanks for your contribution, wonderful elaboration you've put forth, here. You must have taken hours to complete the story and experience its world.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for your contribution, wonderful elaboration you've put forth, here. You must have taken hours to complete the story and experience its world.

You're welcome bud. And nope, quit after a few hours. But if you enjoyed the game, great as that's all that matters. :)

Top Bottom