• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SPOILER THREAD

Mailbox

Why do the imperial soldiers swarm Luna but she brushes them off like nothing and then she gets to give her speech totally uninterrupted? Won't they chase after her?

They are magitek soldiers. Nifilhim now has custody over Luna and Accordo can no longer protect her. She still needs to give the address (people need to be put at ease prior to evacuation) and because Nifilhim (for a variaty of reasons from a variaty of people) want Leviathan to appear.

She brushes them off because in that moment they mean nothing to her. They don't run after her because their objective is already complete.

I've explained this before.

LordKasual

Banned
Yeah. In the end he realizes that he cannot do anything against Luna's wishes.

Well at that point, he really could have just refused it and let her finally break from the pressure. Or at least discourage her enough to.

I think he realized that Luna's way is probably the only way, considering everything they know is coming. He's of the oracle bloodline so they know about Starscourge. If Noctis truly was unworthy, it wouldn't help them combat that since Ravus himself couldn't do it.

Luna was already frail from the communions and was likely going to die early anyway. Noctis was pretty much their last hope, so, might as well put in 100% like my sister's been doing.

At least thats kind of how i saw it anyway. I just saw Ravus as someone who was desperately trying to find a way to fix everything but was just unable to do it by himself.

In the beginning, he was discouraging Luna because he didn't want her to waste her life on a weakling prince from a coward father who was just going to get killed anyway. But once he realized that he couldn't fix anything alone...he has to leave it to Noctis. And that requires Luna to do what he doesn't want her to do.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
They are magitek soldiers. Nifilhim now has custody over Luna and Accordo can no longer protect her. She still needs to give the address (people need to be put at ease prior to evacuation) and because Nifilhim (for a variaty of reasons from a variaty of people) want Leviathan to appear.

She brushes them off because in that moment they mean nothing to her. They don't run after her because their objective is already complete.

I've explained this before.

Oh sorry I don't read all your posts

Wtf

yunbuns

Its sad he's shafted so bad, I liked him.

A test battle would've been nice, but Ardyn cockblocks it. Meeting Noctis alive for some sort of a final battle in Gralea where he hands you the sword would've been nice also. He could sacrifice himself to save you or something, to redeem himself for what happened to Regis. The guy had obvious power in his arm, its never used outside a sucker punch to one of the bros. Unless you count his walking dead form.

Guy got the shaft.

After noticing that the black stuff on his undead body was covering his entire mechanical left arm and the left side of his body, I honestly think that his 'arm' might be what turned him into a daemon in the first place. On the radio and NPCs talk about his new arm and mention how it was specifically created by the empire. We know that they dabble in experimenting with daemons so I wouldn't be surprised if that arm gave him more power or something with a cost. But I also could be reading too much into it. *shrugs*

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I just wondered: where is Titan chilling after you got his powers? Who's carrying the meteorite now?
Isn't he dead? I thought the summons were just their spirits, or summoning them from the afterlife.

It's the only way Shiva makes any sense anyway

Ishida

Banned
Isn't he dead? I thought the summons were just their spirits, or summoning them from the afterlife.

It's the only way Shiva makes any sense anyway

Not really. We just assume that the giant body is her corpse. Always seemed to me that Shiva fooled the Empire with a fake body for them to "kill" while she actually existed as Gentiana.

I don't think any of the gods can be killed by humans.

LordKasual

Banned
Not really. We just assume that the giant body is her corpse. Always seemed to me that Shiva fooled the Empire with a fake body for them to "kill" while she actually existed as Gentiana.

I think Astrals likely don't exist only as corporeal beings. It's entirely possible that they did fight and "Kill" Shiva, but Shiva just instead decided to abandon her massive "god" form and assume one that would allow her to help Luna and Noctis.

Ifrit and Shiva are the only Astrals in the game who aren't 200 stories tall. And they're also the only Astrals who have been "killed". (Shiva stated that Ifrit was defeated once before.)

Koozek

Wait. Most of us assumed Ardyn acted out of revenge and his wanting to be killed and thus freed from immortality, but what if he ultimately also just wanted Noctis to get rid of the Starscourge for good?

Mailbox

Oh sorry I don't read all your posts

Wtf

yeah, sorry I was being a lil snippy. Haven't had the greatest week.

Wait. Most of us assumed Ardyn acted out of revenge and his wanting to be killed and thus freed from immortality, but what if he ultimately also just wanted Noctis to get rid of the Starscourge for good?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Probably because he literally damns the world and becomes the corrupt king (read: leader of the scourge) for 10 years.

That said, him doing all that JUST to kill off the scourge for good and have Ifrit defeated by the hands of noctis is damn good headcanon.

Ishida

Banned

Thats's also a good point. Regardless of that being true or not, Ardyn still won in the end.

Mailbox

No you are definitely using their spirits.
Its the only way for Gentiana to be what she is and still have shiva's corpse (also consider that Ardyn says "that face, the same one as the day you d-") be a thing.

LordKasual

Banned

He did. Ridding the world of Starscourge was his initial motivation, afterall.

The problem was that the gods who allowed him to do it then spat in his face and called him too filthy after he did what they basically made him to do. The ability was gifted by the gods, but its purpose was then deemed too dirty to share their presence.

Everyone got what they wanted in the end, but nobody got what they wanted

Mailbox

The problem was that the gods who allowed him to do it then spat in his face and called him too filthy after he did what they basically made him to do.

Iirc the gods didn't tell him to do squat. He just had the ability to take on the scourge into his own body, so, being completely selfless, he did.

It was after his soul was corrupted that the gods found him unworthy.

JayEH

Doesn't the Empire want Luna to summon Leviathan so they can kill the goddess? It looks to me that they were never trying to stop her, just keep her under surveillance, so that she could be recaptured after the ritual.

Hmm this always confused me but I guess that could be explanation. So correct me if I'm wrong but it usually goes like this regarding the summons...

Luna is going around talking to the summons convincing them to give Noctis a chance.

Noctis is going around doing the trials proving he has what it takes to earn their powers.

Empire obviously doesn't want this to happen because so they try to kill the summons each time they appear.

However ardyn does want this so he is secretly helping Noctis along the way.

Ishida

Banned
Hmm this always confused me but I guess that could be explanation. So correct me if I'm wrong but it usually goes like this regarding the summons...

Luna is going around taking to the summons convincing them to give Noctis a chance.

Noctis is going around doing the trials proving he has what it takes to earn their powers.

Empire obviously doesn't want this to happen because so they try to kill the summons each time they appear.

However ardyn does want this so he is secretly helping Noctis along the way.

You got it 100% correct. :)

Koozek

The problem was that the gods who allowed him to do it then spat in his face and called him too filthy after he did what they basically made him to do. The ability was gifted by the gods, but its purpose was then deemed too dirty to share their presence.

Everyone got what they wanted in the end, but nobody got what they wanted
I meant more in the sense of him selflessly pretending to be the evil villain to make Noctis more willing to make the sacrifices needed for destroying the scourge once and for all. Until now I only considered him wanting revenge and to finally die, not that he still had altruistic motives. Who knows, though.

Man, I really like the whole Ardyn story. First interesting FF villain in a long time for me. Probably since FFVII (or maybe FFX), lol. I would love to see even more about his past.

I'll ask again, maybe this time someone can answer. Where are these from and is there more?

tumblr_ohwd6m9bGF1tjrxdxo1_1280.jpg

It'd help reflect another side of his character; the person he was before becoming 'Izunia.' There's already concept art exploring that side of him, bringing it into gameplay might have worked; especially if it's after Noctis has sacrificed himself.

tumblr_ohhe9j8Bim1vrhk2qo1_500.png

Ishida

Banned
The second artwork appears in the Art Book, that comes in the Ultimate Collector's Edition.

I don't recognize the first one. I don't think it's on the Art Book.

Koozek

The second artwork appears in the Art Book, that comes in the Ultimate Collector's Edition.

I don't recognize the first one. I don't think it's on the Art Book.
If somebody has links to more from the book, could you PM me? Would be much appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

I gave a link to the source of the first artwork in the post you quoted it from.
Yeah, but that's the only site with that image and I don't see any info on whether it's official or fan-art.
EDIT: There's a "wroniec" signature at the bottom, though, which is the blog author's name, it seems. So his fan-art?

Golnei

Yeah, but that's the only site with that image and I don't see any info on whether it's official or fan-art.
EDIT: There's a "wroniec" signature at the bottom, though, which is the blog author's name, it seems. So his fan-art?

It's fanart, yes. Their Metal Gear artwork is pretty good as well.

ST2K

Just realized I missed a few story details thanks to the other thread, so I rewatched the Bahamut monologue and I'm still not sure I get the ending.

So... Providence is the power to kill Ardyn for good, and attaining the power requires Noctis to die on the throne with the supercharged ring. I assume the Kings killing him is a ritual of some sort so he gets Providence. And the final killing blow against Ardyn in the Void is Noctis using the power that he now has to permakill Ardyn. Did I get all that right?

Also can someone explain what Luna was doing with the Astrals that was making her ill and certain of her own death?

KyleCross

So am I correct in assuming Nyx somehow becomes a daemon after his supposed death due to a Psychomancer stalking Insomnia dropping his weapons upon defeat? If so, how does that work? Is Ardyn able to daemonfy the deceased?

Kyoufu

So am I correct in assuming Nyx somehow becomes a daemon after his supposed death due to a Psychomancer stalking Insomnia dropping his weapons upon defeat? If so, how does that work? Is Ardyn able to daemonfy the deceased?

Look at what happened to Ravus. He was executed and then came back a daemon.

ST2K

He did it to Ravus, so I assume he could do it with anyone.

I completely missed what you're referring to though.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's fanart, yes. Their Metal Gear artwork is pretty good as well.
Damn, it's so good it's nearly indistinguishable from official art. I would have bet money it was from the art book. I guess the signature does give it away, though.

SolVanderlyn

Exactly, plus everybody knows it takes at least 10 years in the crystal oven to turn a Prince into a King.
Maybe that's why the other three bros didn't look as different. They weren't cooked properly.

shiba5

Use the coins to enhance your spells. The spells enhanced with coins give exp when cast. Rare coins, debased coins, debased silverpieces, and debased banknotes all do that. Real easy to get a million or more exp.

Thanks. Hmm, guess I should have been using them instead of hoarding them.

shiba5

That's weird, I could have sworn the days were longer again in Lucis after I beat the story...

Also, really just five hours daylight?
If the sun rises as 5am/6am and just 5 hours pass it would be getting dark at 10am/11am. Maybe you encountered some kind of bug? It gets dark at 5pm/6pm late in my game.

I noticed they started getting up later and later. In the beginning, the day started at 5 or 6, but it was starting at 9 by the time I got to Caem. By hour 14, the sun was already starting to set.

LordKasual

Banned
I meant more in the sense of him selflessly pretending to be the evil villain to make Noctis more willing to make the sacrifices needed for destroying the scourge once and for all. Until now I only considered him wanting revenge and to finally die, not that he still had altruistic motives. Who knows, though.

Man, I really like the whole Ardyn story. First interesting FF villain in a long time for me. Probably since FFVII (or maybe FFX), lol. I would love to see even more about his past.

I'll ask again, maybe this time someone can answer. Where are these from and is there more?

The entire lore around XV is really interesting, and it's a shame they couldn't flesh it out more in the actual game.

Really wish the plague was given more time to develop and play out, and that we could have explored the other landmass the same as Lucis.

But yeah i really enjoyed the underlying lore, it's a very different flavor of story than what Final Fantasy tries to tell.

Altissia fucking sucked. Even being so small, it was still so barren. A handful of hunts don't save it from being a shit town.

Lestallum was ok, but I seriously cannot believe after all the backlash from the last games, they only put two towns in the game that are nearly devoid of content. Tenebrae being a burning background was an apt metaphor for this train wreck.

Valonquar

The Empire FFXV is sorta like the Occuria in FFXII. Kept waiting for something more to happen with them, and then they just sort of left the plot entirely, with no great feeling of resolution for the player.

RDreamer

Chapter 14 has been kind of awkward because character models keep disappearing on me both in battle and in cutscenes. Prompto completely disappeared in one scene and ardyn disappeared during the fight.

Edit: Watching the ending and Prompto's still fucking disappeared lmao

Mailbox

Altissia fucking sucked. Even being so small, it was still so barren. A handful of hunts don't save it from being a shit town.

Lestallum was ok, but I seriously cannot believe after all the backlash from the last games, they only put two towns in the game that are nearly devoid of content. Tenebrae being a burning background was an apt metaphor for this train wreck.

The game isn't "devoid of content" though.

If you want something to do in altissia, do some monster betting, I hear people really like it.

Also I don't think I'll understand people calling it "lifeless" and "barren". I'll admit there isn't "much to do" but there are some pretty lovely and lively areas in atissia. There definitely should have been more quests there though.

Edit: also some of the pit stops are comparable in size to something like deli in ff9.

Kyoufu

Chapter 14 has been kind of awkward because character models keep disappearing on me both in battle and in cutscenes. Prompto completely disappeared in one scene and ardyn disappeared during the fight.

It's almost fitting that Ifrit's actions created the empire and then in the end, his actions lead to their destruction.

Tyaren

I noticed they started getting up later and later. In the beginning, the day started at 5 or 6, but it was starting at 9 by the time I got to Caem. By hour 14, the sun was already starting to set.

Okay, I just checked. Post ending the sun sets at 7pm and the guys wake up to morning sun at 6am. I have no clue why you guys have only 5 hours of sun. Maybe a bug? If my game is bugged, thank God. I'm having fun doing all post game stuff in broad daylight. :)

LotusHD

Banned
Welp, all that's left is the Costelmark Sealed Dungeon now. The Crestholms one was embarassingly easy for its level. Plus I think I accidentally glitched it, as I didn't see any monsters for a little while until after I made camp.

Top Bottom