• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Taipei Game Show | January Active Time Report Thread

squarealex

xDIkpZs1AiHlK.gif

g1v40tsomzzdqkyreha7.gif

Brentonp

To me, it sounds like maybe the world has these points in them where you can "draw" elements a bit like in FFVIII (only from hotspots in environments, not enemies) and you have limited usage of them until you draw some more.

This was also what I was thinking which I was slightly bummed about but whatever. Makes sense since we haven't really been able to see what type of points magic would consume, like MP. Just don't care for the idea that your magic attacks are basically the same as the consumable items in FFVII - "casts bolt 2 on all opponents"

We could be wrong about that though. Either way, everything else they showed made up for that in my opinion.

BumRush

Because it makes no sense to be upset that they are finally announcing the release date, even if the announcement is 2 months away. And how many times do you need to be told that the event isn't to announce the release date?

Lol who are you? Please don't tell me how to feel. Thank you.

As I've stated, I'm extremely excited about the game. Moreso now than ever. I find this event being named and announced two months ahead of time to be strange but do understand the marketing reason. That's all I said. It's over.

Edit: I didn't see there was another thread to talk specifically about "uncovered". A lot of posts in there about the exact same thing so I'll head over there instead.

- Return of Dragoon Women
- Names for many of the antagonists
- Fresh, clean, minimalist UI.
- Ariel Combat
- More Yoko Shimomura music
- Fire, Lightning, Blizzard Spells confirmed
- Noctis using katana
- Stealth Kills using warp
- Manual Weapon changing
- New monsters revealed
- Crocodile death rolls
- Slick weapon change animations

and most importantly

- Frog locomotion 100% complete
- Chocobo kick confirmed

Definitely one of the best trailers they have put out. They showed exciting new gameplay, and re-revealed a character who I thought was lost in the FF Vs XIII ---> FFXV transition. Progress Report #2 is dated back in to Fall of last year and still looked pretty good.

This game's development since Tabata's announcement as the game's new director has been one hell of a roller coaster. Filled with tons of lows, but some of the highest of highs. FFXV's development beginning with those tantalizing Nomura CG trailers in 2006 to this polished combat in 2016 is kinda surreal. Fans of Final Fantasy, the brand itself, and video games in general, have changed so since 2006.

I'm just happy, and at times frustrated, to have been on this ride since day 1.

BumRush

- Ariel Combat
- Noctis using katana
- Manual Weapon changing
- New monsters revealed
- Crocodile death rolls

and most importantly

- Chocobo kick confirmed

Definitely one of the best trailers they have put out. They showed exciting new gameplay, and re-revealed a character who I thought was lost in the FF Vs XIII ---> FFXV transition. Progress Report #2 is dated back in to Fall of last year and still looked pretty good.

This game's development since Tabata's announcement as the game's new director has been one hell of a roller coaster. Filled with tons of lows, but some of the highest of highs. FFXV's development beginning with those tantalizing Nomura CG trailers in 2006 to this polished combat in 2016 is kinda surreal. Fans of Final Fantasy, the brand itself, and video games in general, have changed so since 2006.

Well said, across the board.

ahdurian

- Ariel Combat
- Noctis using katana
- Manual Weapon changing
- New monsters revealed
- Crocodile death rolls

and most importantly

- Chocobo kick confirmed

I didn't know Ariel had a cameo in this game
4968134c4519d9703e9c261a69f02a0c69c21bf6

/kappa

Dark_castle

oEHJvqq.png

Dart mini-game confirmed?

Also we can see Luna sitting in the camp, with another character initially on the floor, could be a female by the way he/she clapped afterwards.

Upon closer inspection, I think it's a young boy, not a woman.

Koozek

oEHJvqq.png

Also we can see Luna sitting in the camp, with another character initially on the floor, could be a female by the way he/she clapped afterwards.

Yeah, thought so, too. Hmmm, I wonder who that could be.

Not sure where best to put this, but since Tabata played up their co-development with 9 other Asian companies at the Taipei show, I'll stick it here. I don't think they've publicly announced all their partnerships.

Marza Animation Planet (CG animation company for Sonic, Resident Evil films) is working on Final Fantasy XV, according to a former employee's résumé.

https://tw.linkedin.com/in/chung-hao-howard-shih-0288a221

Mediking

oEHJvqq.png

This was very heart-warming for me to see. Can't wait to see it in color and motion.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Not sure where best to put this, but since Tabata played up their co-development with 9 other Asian companies at the Taipei show, I'll stick it here. I don't think they've publicly announced all their partnerships.

Marza Animation Planet (CG animation company for Sonic, Resident Evil films) is working on Final Fantasy XV, according to a former employee's résumé.

https://tw.linkedin.com/in/chung-hao-howard-shih-0288a221

Not surprised. Marza did tremendous work in Space Pirate Captain Harlock.

Top Bottom