• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Taipei Game Show | January Active Time Report Thread

Falk

that puzzling face
lotta outsourcing if I'm reading those tweets right

Everyone's doing it now tho right?

DA:I was the first large game that really went all-out with outsourcing, rather than just satellite companies.

Become really, really prevalent in western game dev, but AFAIK FFXV is the first one from Japan that's really done it to this scale too. Prior, most of the time you'd have small animation studios helping out with anime cutscenes, some character modeling, etc.

Jigolo

If there were ever any doubts

6ThfLUG.png

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Translation: 9 Asian companies are now supporting FFXV

Translation: I hope the best games will be born in Asia!

DA:I was the first large game that really went all-out with outsourcing, rather than just satellite companies.

Become really, really prevalent in western game dev, but AFAIK FFXV is the first one from Japan that's really done it to this scale too. Prior, most of the time you'd have small animation studios helping out with anime cutscenes, some character modeling, etc.
Huh, I didn't know about Inquisition. Interesting. The only ones I could really think of were Ubi but I don't even know if that counts as outsourcing, although the principle is similar I guess.
It's a huge project, so no surprise there. Some of the work is just brute asset creation, etc. so it's more efficient to outsource.
Yeah, I figured. Still quite interesting though. It's so strange how the Japanese games industry has changed just during this gen's transition. Like imagine if you'd told everyone in 2007 that the majority of Square's AAA RPGs would be in Unreal 4.

It is indeed! Sometimes I forgot that FFXV is coming to X1 too. They shoot themselves on the foot etc.

Honestly the X1 version isn't going to sell any significant figures outside of the US.

Square is A-ok with selling Final Fantasy on the Xbox knowing that there are 19 million Xbox One owners. I just hope they don't expect to see the same sales performance on both platforms, I mean Type-0 sold so well on the Xbone. /s

Top Bottom