• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV The Dawn Of The Future was released today in Japan

D.Final

Banned
The Novel of Final Fantasy XV The Dawn Of The Future that will tell the alternative events of a different timeline of the game universe, through the stories of the characters of Ardyn, Aranea, Luna and Noctis, is now available in Japan.

More and future information is expected on Novel's arrival in America and Europe :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Full Book Cover artwork

iMLxr0Z.jpg

And Celebration Box

D.Final

Banned
Omfg square the game failed give it up xD

See that Final Fantasy XV was a great success anyway.
Since it is
the third best-selling Final Fantasy ever.

(with more than 8 and a half million copies sold in the world)

And, moreover, it is an excellent Final Fantasy, one of the best.
With one of the best Lore in the saga.
And, to date, one of the largest universe ever made.

So it's great that the game has had such a big, huge, and well-deserved support for more than a year and a half.
And for this I thank the Tabata team very much.

And if even more people had given more support, and help, to the Final Fantasy XV project, (instead of always complaining about everything, like a group of pathetic children), I am equally sure that this Novel "Dawn of the Future" would be a great series of new alternative DLCs for the game.
That was already fantastic at DayOne, and that with the Royal Edition and the Windows Edition it has become great, and almost perfect.

So it makes no sense to complain about support given to a game.
Unless you are not interested in this game.
Then, in that case, you shouldn't even comment on the news.
Since you don't care..............

Last edited:

mcz117chief

I really wanted to like the game and I do immensely enjoy all the little things in it, the chocobos, the car, the music, the banter (even though it gets repetitive it somehow keeps its charm), all the small interactions between the characters but the combat is so drab, takes way too long and there are so many restoration items, abilities (like picking up wounded party members and warping away) and summons that there is very little actual challenge. Magic is cumbersome (but very potent which I like) and most fights are all about chipping away at the opponents health which makes it feel like it lasts forever.

D.Final

Banned
Dude, you have a problem.

Luckily there is freedom of expression in the world, right ????
When to declare, or express, a great appreciation for a work, in forums all over the world, one is forced to suffer attacks and insults for one's opinion......................

Fortunately, I do not want to live at all, and to be part of a rotten world that lives on hatred for the ideas and opinions of others.
(as, apparently, the world of forums and the internet seems to live globally)

That being said, I am and will always remain a fierce and strong fan of Final Fantasy XV, and of the entire Final Fantasy saga.

And if people ever stop, one day, to attack my opinion (and those of others) for their own personal tastes [and if they ever stop complaining about the ideas of artists, and video games, in the world], then the world of internet will become a better place to live civilly.

Last edited:

Hudo

Is this more of an artbook with comments/notes or is it a light novel? I am a bit confused. I hope it'll get an english translation regardless, though! I am still sad that they cancelled Episode Luna and Episode Aranea...

Ma-Yuan

The game was an unfinished trainwreck when it was released. Polished yes, graphically impressive yes . . . Some fun to get out of it yes. But as a FF Game with a captivating and complete story arc a misserable failure. . . Turned me off completly from FF . . . I even enjoyed FFXIII and FFXII-2 more then this . . . When I finished the game I was just like wtf . . . Thats it? Over? Why did I even play this game . . . But SE wont see me buying any future FF game if they keep heading this direction. As many western JRPG Fans my first love was FFVII in 1997 and I bought all FF related stuff and games a long time after this. . . Hell I was even at the 30 year anniversary exhibition in Tokyo last year (which was equally disappointing then this game).

But this game and all the stupid stuff trying to milk it, Anime, CGI Film and now this turns me even more off . . . I don't want my FF Game or any JRPG with a clusterfuck story told over several Media formats over years . . .

One smexy gam3r

Walmart's Employee of the Month
FF XV was the best Final Fantasy ever, I dare say even better than FF IX. FF XV makes me smile, through and through. Final Fantasy VII wish it was half of XV.

bigedole

Anyone have a link to spoilers/writeup of what happens? I played through the original and got platinum but never revisited any of the DLCs.

peronmls

See that Final Fantasy XV was a great success anyway.
Since it is
the third best-selling Final Fantasy ever.

(with more than 8 and a half million copies sold in the world)

And, moreover, it is an excellent Final Fantasy, one of the best.
With one of the best Lore in the saga.
And, to date, one of the largest universe ever made.

So it's great that the game has had such a big, huge, and well-deserved support for more than a year and a half.
And for this I thank the Tabata team very much.

And if even more people had given more support, and help, to the Final Fantasy XV project, (instead of always complaining about everything, like a group of pathetic children), I am equally sure that this Novel "Dawn of the Future" would be a great series of new alternative DLCs for the game.
That was already fantastic at DayOne, and that with the Royal Edition and the Windows Edition it has become great, and almost perfect.

So it makes no sense to complain about support given to a game.
Unless you are not interested in this game.
Then, in that case, you shouldn't even comment on the news.
Since you don't care..............
Kingdom Hearts 3 is the worst for most fans including DDD. KH3 sold the most because of OG character fan bois and die hards. Not because it was good overall. I and a lot of others are still upset we got this instead of FFvs13. Everyone is going to jump on that next big numbered title no matter what it is and hope for the best of that title. Both games have extreme flaws. FF will always have support from Square as it's there foundation. Resident Evil 5 is one of the worst games in it's series and it still managed to blow sales of its other titles out of the water. Sales doesnt always make a game genuinely good. Doesn't mean it can't be good enough for others.

Last edited:

zeorhymer

I hated the game. Took a 2 year break from it and came back to it. Started from scratch and I actually liked it with all the patches. What I didn't like was Nomura deciding to split the lore into a million different pieces which you had to watch/read/play to "get it."

MagnesG

Banned
Sure, then FF XVI will focus much graphics tech again..

They still had no idea.

Edit: How about creating a working prototype with all the stories attached first? No need of all the fancy stuff when story got borked again and again.

Last edited:

One smexy gam3r

Walmart's Employee of the Month
I just hopped on my ps3 and checked my downloads out of curiosity. I have Final Fantasy 5 somehow. I downloaded it and I'm going to beat it. I never played the older FF games, except 8(which I love to death). Time to play a squaresoft game, and then play FF 4 the after years on the Wii:messenger_open_mouth:

Top Bottom