• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TwitchCon Presentation Stream

I wonder if all this energy spent on the all these presentations, shows, reveals, interviews, demos (1&2) could have been better spent on like, finishing the game.

Halabane

Here are my thoughts on this stream:
  • The enemies took way too long to fight. This made FFXIII very boring for me (not so much the linear structure or the cutscenes), so I hope the player was just underleveled the whole time (I noticed the enemies' level indicator was red, so he probably was).
  • The players weren't good at all, and the battle system and camera looked terrible because of it. I feel like that's not much of an excuse though, as I'm not such a good player myself (I used to be fantastic at action games, but then life happened)... perhaps some grinding or playing in easy mode will solve this, but if so, it's the marketing team's fault that they made the presenters play on that difficulty.
  • Mat unredeemed himself.

I agree with the enemies taking too long. Its just lengthens the game and adds no value. That was the issue with 13.

As far as the guys playing, well, they are streamers who do this all day. From what I saw what you said is true, also some of it may have been too many people trying to help them drive and listening to because they don't want to screw up in front of the ones who PAID them to be there. But if they were struggling then lots of people will too. Yeah at my age I am hoping for an easy mode.

sappyday

I agree with the enemies taking too long. Its just lengthens the game and adds no value. That was the issue with 13.

As far as the guys playing, well, they are streamers who do this all day. From what I saw what you said is true, also some of it may have been too many people trying to help them drive and listening to because they don't want to screw up in front of the ones who PAID them to be there. But if they were struggling then lots of people will too. Yeah at my age I am hoping for an easy mode.
There is an easy mode. Also a wait mode if you're so inclined.

I wonder if all this energy spent on the all these presentations, shows, reveals, interviews, demos (1&2) could have been better spent on like, finishing the game.
Yea seems weird for the entire development team to be flying to all these places. Makes me wonder on how they're even making the game :p

Ishida

Banned

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif

These posts...

Mailbox

the game is content locked, now in certification, and almost gold.
in the last month and a half we have seen soooo much in terms of quality improvement its nuts.

they did all that stuff AND finished the game.
Crazy, right?

Socivol

the game is content locked, now in certification, and almost gold.
in the last month and a half we have seen soooo much in terms of quality improvement its nuts.

they did all that stuff AND finished the game.
Crazy, right?

I wonder why they are releasing it so late since it's currently going under cert now. I guess it was more of a sales timeline decision than a game completion decision?

Mailbox

I wonder why they are releasing it so late since it's currently going under cert now. I guess it was more of a sales timeline decision than a game completion decision?

certification, printing, etc takes time. the whole process will probably be read by late october/ mid november. Theres also ps4pro optimization and extra minor tweaks they can work on now (yes, expect a small-ish day-1 patch)

Aters

I can't even, like, have you noticed the improvemt on graphic in recent build? These dudes wield black magic.

Rappy

ZBdTPQP.gif

spinny

toothpick

thing
I think I'll just be interrupting the cast to see how thin you can get an enemy and have it running around. However, I think they revert after some amount of time if I was looking at the Iron Giant example correctly.

Glad the chocobo comes right next to you when you call it. Was so annoying in Witcher 3 when I'd call Roach and he'd be a bit away every time.

Gbraga

I didn't think enemies took too long in XIII at all.

When it comes to XV, I do some times get that impression as well, but you have to consider that people are mostly holding O and not even blocking. Try doing that against the Iron Giant in the Platinum Demo, and you'll notice that he takes far long to beat than if you're exploiting his weaknesses and constantly attacking him without losing momentum by getting hit.

Well, if they knew it'd take until now to get it locked, and most of the time, you're looking at 30 days-ish from gold to release (if not more), they probably looked at November and just picked the date that worked the best for them.

Gaffi

For some reason, that part reminded me of Mount Denadoro from Chrono Trigger.
I'm trying to stay away from seeing anymore content but that sounds awesome. Very natural but unique environment type that I can't recall in many games. Hard to describe almost.

Philippo

Wow, Noctis with that pose and those Death visual effects, he looks like a Harry Potter character lol

Why are people worried Death is the only Royal Magic?
Wasn't thereca whole section for those in the equipment menu?

Mailbox

Wow, Noctis with that pose and those Death visual effects, he looks like a Harry Potter character lol

from what I saw, the ring of the Luci will only have death as its magic, but it looks like there will be other "arcana" that we will get. (This is only a guess since we only see them equip the ring and BOOM death. No submenus for change or anything. Maybe we get to alter the ring's properties in the "magic" menu.)

its definitely gonna be interesting to say the least.
I do like how the menus for fire thunder ice and wild are all condensed to magic :)

Byvar

Because all they had to do to be able to use Death was equip the Ring of the Lucii.
You have a point though with there being a whole section, I wonder if there are other powerful rings that we could use?
It kind of makes sense that Lucis' ring can only cast death, with Insomnia being reaper-themed and all, so I wonder if other kingdoms have other rings with powers similarly tied to their general theme...

Top Bottom