• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TwitchCon Presentation Stream

True Fire

Do you guys think the bottom map will be all the open world of XV?

Maybe the other areas you only get to visit them as hubs accessed via a 'cutscene' driven travel sequence (Altissia will probably fit this description).

I don't think the world is as big as the map, but I don't think it's as small as the minimap either. This presentation demonstrates that there is a lot to this game that they simply haven't shown us yet. I fully expect a few "surprise" areas.

wmlk

Do some of you really think everything else from Chapters 4 - 15 is going to be separated by loading screens/linear?

Mcdohl

PSY・S;218865152 said:
SwEjx4l.gif

This looks amazing.

I'm so tempted to go on media blackout now. I'm so ready to dive into that world.

2 months... :(

Philippo

Yeah i think even going further with the story and moving to the other big land mass, each region will still have decently large areas to explore and side content to do, but i think they will start to shrink down as you get closer to the end (simply because it sounds illogical to let Noctis have the same freedom he has in Duscae even in enemy territories like Tenebrae and Niflheim), just to go back to the early areas before the end game when you obtain the airship.

Socivol

So if the Ring of the Lucii has this death spell then

Kingsglaive spoiler

why didn't Regis just use this on Glauca? Or Ardyn when he came to see him in the throne room? Or Idealoas at the signing ceremony?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Kingsglaive spoiler

why didn't Regis just use this on Glauca? Or Ardyn when he came to see him in the throne room? Or Idealoas at the signing ceremony?

Because then the game would not happen.

Gbraga

Kingsglaive spoiler

Nyx also didn't use it. Maybe you can only use Death with the ring, but having the ring is not enough to use Death, and Noctis will acquire it in some other way.

Or only people of royal blood can use Death, and Regis was just too old.

We'll see, I guess.

Nyx also didn't use it. Maybe you can only use Death with the ring, but having the ring is not enough to use Death, and Noctis will acquire it in some other way.

Or only people of royal blood can use Death, and Regis was just too old.

We'll see, I guess.

I remember Regis mentioning that he could not control the Ring or as he called it "The Old Wall" that well anymore due to his age so it's probably that. Nyx not using it can just be explained because bloodline.

wmlk

From what I saw, Regis did try to use something very similar against Glauca...it just wasn't doing shit. Party because Regis is weak and partly because Glauca is strong I guess.

JBwB

It seems the Ultima blade & Durandal are present in the game. That gets me curious as to how hard it'll be to obtain end game weapons.

OrionX

Loving the gifs. Need this game. Now.

From what I saw, Regis did try to use something very similar against Glauca...it just wasn't doing shit. Party because Regis is weak and partly because Glauca is strong I guess.

All I remember was
thundaga spamming.

Socivol

I remember Regis mentioning that he could not control the Ring or as he called it "The Old Wall" that well anymore due to his age so it's probably that. Nyx not using it can just be explained because bloodline.

The old wall was the statues that came to life and battled the Diamond Weapons

Holy shit, the combat in this game looks so janky. My goodness the camera system. Also, if there is no way to tell your party members to clear out the area before you use an AoE magic spell, then that is just dumb game design especially considering there is friendly fire.

Horp

The tagline for this game should be "Emo rock band drives around the world to kill all the animals"

I'm fine with the graphics and performance, there definitely has been improvements. I'm fine with the gameplay, the TGS build I played felt so much better than platinum demo.

Just really worried about the story.

Mediking

I'm fine with the graphics and performance, there definitely has been improvements. I'm fine with the gameplay, the TGS build I played felt so much better than platinum demo.

You sound like me. Never really started to worry about the story until recently when certain trailers showed stuff that got me worried about the story. But!!! As long as the story is manageable and tangible then it'll be fine.

wmlk

So, when do you guys think they'll show off Leviathan? Tabata talked about it at E3 but that got pushed back. Really want to see more of that + Altissia.

Its PS4 the superior version here?

Yep, but the XBOX One version looks much better now:

LODs and grass looks so better now on Xbone. Much less shadow and grass pop-in too.

today
UWbc.png

a month ago
VWbc.png

-----------
Still very pleased they added back in those specular shaders for grass.

ZWbc.png

aXbc.png

WWbc.png

It's a good looking game on both platforms.

DJIzana

Look at those waterfalls in the new area.

Then look at the waterfalls in Altissia.

rip

Hahaha yeah... I said the EXACT same thing. I think we'll see it improved just as we saw Duscae improve though. At least... I'm hopeful that it will look just as good as the Thicket area.

Mailbox

I take it that normal magic doesn't cost MP, but ring magic does?

Why didn't the water freeze? IMPRESSION BROKEN.

j/k

it would actually break my immersion more if the river water did freeze so easily :p

man, the xbox one version is indeed ace at this point (resolution be damned), but since I have to get a ps4pro, i'm very eager to get a look at that version :3

Inuhanyou

What do you want to see from the story to make you less worried?

Still not convinced so looking forward to watching this. I still am not excited, but am interested in this game if that makes sense.

Also... with all the moon motifs and what not like the themed PS4 and giantness of it on the coverart.... anyone think the story will go there? Maybe Final Fantasy 4 style lol. Seems like a long shot but -shrug- it is a game.

Damerman

the game looks muuuch better. i can't wait to find out what they are going to do for the ps4 pro version.

EDIT: I'm on a media blackout, so thank you everyone for the screens and the gifs.

Inuhanyou

Maybe not blatant scenes of Ardyn being a clown. Best voice. Most hated character. Calling it.

But that's his thing, what he likes to do. He's a wisecracking villain who is really easy to get to on the inside and becomes violent if you push his buttons in the wrong way like Luna did, similar to the Joker but less crazy.

Your clown example was pretty spot on considering his voice actor is the main voice for the Joker in Japan in all related media.

OrionX

Also... with all the moon motifs and what not like the themed PS4 and giantness of it on the coverart.... anyone think the story will go there? Maybe Final Fantasy 4 style lol. Seems like a long shot but -shrug- it is a game.

I keep hoping this might happen, but I'd be pretty surprised if it actually does. The moon definitely seems important though, they even named a character after it. :p

Falk

that puzzling face

Kingsglaive spoiler

I'd be very surprised if you could instakill named enemies/bosses. Barring some hilarious unintended shenanigans like Vanish X-Zone

Still not convinced so looking forward to watching this. I still am not excited, but am interested in this game if that makes sense.

The moon(or moons) tend to be significant in some way in various FFs. I think this just might be one of them among the lot, but maybe not as much as FFIV(which it seemed to have the most importance).

Then again, I still recall Sakaguchi telling Kitase that he thought it would be cool if the moon explorable in Final Fantasy Mobius.

Storywise, if you travel to the moon, I'd think it would be too much like FFIV. There tends to be specific ground explored in various installments that's unique to those games and aren't really done again.

the game looks muuuch better. i can't wait to find out what they are going to do for the ps4 pro version.

EDIT: I'm on a media blackout, so thank you everyone for the screens and the gifs.

"i'm on media blackout so thanks guys for helping me not be on media blackout" :X

I almost bailed on this game but it looks like I'm jumping back in. This will be my first Final Fantasy on a PlayStation system. The best buy gamers club discount and $20 in gift cards will make it easier to take a chance.

Top Bottom