• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI No Longer Console Exclusive to PS5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

On Demand

Banned
I noticed in the new trailer there’s no longer the “console exclusive” marketing at the end of the trailer. The first one shown in 2020 had the mention of the game being exclusive.

Did something change with the exclusive deal? Wouldn’t suprise me if Jim Ryan cancel the contract since Sony apparently doesn’t care about exclusives anymore.

First trailer

New trailer

Maybe but it would be really weird to announce it as a console exclusive and then walk back on it (unless there was never a deal in the first place and it was just SE skipping Xbox).

Last edited:

ManaByte

Sony apparently doesn’t care about exclusives anymore
Jim Carrey Attorney GIF

SkylineRKR

Did FFVII R release on Xbox already?

I think FFXVI is exclusive to PS5 and eventually hits PC. I don't think it will come to Xbox. Either MS doesn't give a shit, or Square signed something. But FFVIIR situation is weird, the game was announced as a timed PS4 exclusive and not even Intergrade came to Xbox.

Ozriel

M$FT
Deals don't change that way, OP.

Was it announced as an exclusive? Then it'll stay that way until after launch.

I think there is a possibility of it coming on PC Day 1, but for that Square Enix should start thinking about growing their franchises. They did not give any indication of that.
Even if it is coming on PC Day 1, it will EGS :messenger_tears_of_joy:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Unless I missed one I dont think any of the third party games shown in the SoP said PS exclusive in any way. So they'll be multiplat. For example, SF6. Capcom's non-State of play trailer shows it's coming for PS, Xbox and Steam.

Neofire

It says PS5 and PC on their website no other platform. Like it was for FF7R.

So this thread again is pointless.

It's still Exclusive to PS5.

OP needs to not knee jerk.
Yeah I don't know why these threads are being allowed to mislead people. It may very well come to the Xbox years down the line but SE has said nothing about the game no longer being a console exclusive.

Final fantasy 7 remake was announced as "coming first to PS4 on consoles".

We all assumed that meant an xbox port when it really ment its coming to PS5 later. To this day there's no sight of an xbox port. If there's no announcement at the xbox show, than I assume it will never come to xbox.

Final fantasy 7 remake was announced as "coming first to PS4 on consoles".

We all assumed that meant an xbox port when it really ment its coming to PS5 later. To this day there's no sight of an xbox port. If there's no announcement at the xbox show, than I assume it will never come to xbox.
If after 15 years Kingdom Hearts finally made it's way to Xbox I think FF7R will as well. I'm aure MS would be interested in paying for it with Gamepass money but perhaps the exclusivity deal is longer than we thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom