• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Hyrule Warriors DLC characters leaked.

Kinsei

Banned
I just got the game a week or 2 back and didn't get any DLC

Which one should I get if I ever decide on getting one? This game already looks like it needs tons of hours to complete even half of the stuff it has

You have the Wii U version, right? In that case you should get the Hero of Hyrule pack. It gets you three new adventure maps, 5 new characters (Twili Midna, Young Link, Tingle, Ganon, and a giant Cucco), a bunch of new costumes, and new weapon types for Link and Zelda.

Ryce

I mean, sure, we have 4 different Links without even counting Linkle, but at least each one is from a different point in the timeline. We already have the WW version of Zelda everyone likes
Wind Waker Zelda and Spirit Tracks Zelda are also completely different people from different points in the timeline. Spirit Tracks takes place a century after Wind Waker.

To all the people wanting Groose in the game, tell me what his moveset would be. Because seriously, he didn't done shit in SS outside of inventing catapults.

Lol this is such a strawman argument. Please tell us what you thought Marin's movement would have been before the trailer reveal, singing to the enemy? They can turn any character into a fighting character.

I know it's the hip thing to hate on Groose and call him a "meme character" but I don't even know what the latter means. Some of us don't spend their lives on internet memes and actually like the character. Other than Zelda and Ganondorf he's a genuinely surprising character in a sea of blank slates that are Zelda NPCs.

Razmos

Lol this is such a strawman argument. Please tell us what you thought Marin's movement would have been before the trailer reveal, singing to the enemy? They can turn any character into a fighting character.

I know it's the hip thing to hate on Groose and call him a "meme character" but I don't even know what the latter means. Some of us don't spend their lives on internet memes and actually like the character. Other than Zelda and Ganondorf he's a genuinely surprising character in a sea of blank slates that are Zelda NPCs.
All the people who genuinely like Groose (for reasons I don't understand) are drowned out by an army of idiots who post in every single Hyrule Warriors thread with "No Groose!?", "The Groose isn't loose?" Or something to that effect, it's become quite annoying.

200.gif

goddamnit.

they said what games they were taking stuff from and Skyward Sword wasn't one of them

it's no big surprize

L Thammy

Marin's entire moveset should be based on
turning into a seagull. She'll be like Corrin, but with seagull parts instead of dragon parts.

Her musou should be her flying over the stage and crapping everywhere.

:)

would like groose though

Regardless of how you see the announced dlc, hyrule Warriors 2 if it gets announced will have a lot of heavy hitters that were left out this time around.

MrPanic

When they reveal the NX, I need a Hyrule Warriors NX trailer that solely features Groose wrecking everything.

That said though, I really like the choices. Yuga and Ravio are bound to be very fun to play. Toon Zelda seems like a waste but I'll refrain from having an opinion till I see what they've done with her. My troll side feels like I should complain about Ravio though because (ALBW spoilers)
ANOTHER LINK! Come on now, how many do we need in this game. :p

Phoenixus

Shame about no Linebeck, but I am curious to see Toon Zelda's moveset, especially if it's the awesome one from Spirit Tracks. I'd have called Phantom Zelda being a prefect fit for a new Toon link moveset, maybe summoning trains and the Locomo with the Spirit flute will be T.Z's movepool?

Nia

To all the people wanting Groose in the game, tell me what his moveset would be. Because seriously, he didn't done shit in SS outside of inventing catapults.

Tell me what Agitha's moveset would be, because she didn't do shit period.

Ryce

Toon Zelda is pretty ass. Groose exclusion and no Linebeck is severely wack.
I think people should be more considerate of the play styles/gameplay diversity than the characters themselves. I'm not saying a move set couldn't be created for Linebeck, but it'd be really boring, contrived, and derivative compared to what Toon Zelda could offer. We already have a boat-based Wind Waker timeline character in King Daphnes. Linebeck would smack people with a sea chart like Tingle, and he'd make ship parts fall out of the sky or something. I'd rather summon trains with a magical flute or possess a giant, armored Phantom with Zelda's ghostly spirit.

Zubz

Banned
Regardless of how you see the announced dlc, hyrule Warriors 2 if it gets announced will have a lot of heavy hitters that were left out this time around.

Honestly, I think that's a good way of looking at this. Especially because HW is one of Nintendo's most successful games right now; it'd be foolish not to have a sequel already in mind.

Ryce

These could both very easily be movesets for Toon Link. And the dominion rod is already sort of the latter thing.
Yeah, but Toon Link is only getting one new move set, leaving the other for Toon Zelda. And I don't think swinging a rod to summon a giant pillar or a statue with a hammer is the same as controlling a giant suit of armor with a sword and shield.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Meh at Yuga. Should have been Irene.

She would have been cool. I feel like they should have at least one of the games' potion witches staffing the Apothecary part of the Bazaar.

I'd also have liked a playable Mother Maiamai. She could use all of the upgraded ALBW items as her attack chains (which I'm guessing is what Ravio will do, but Ravio is not a giant pink octopus thing). Her special would be her sending out all 100 of her babies in a swarm, like locusts in the apocalypse or a Lion King-esque stampede.

Meh at Yuga. Should have been Irene.

I mean Yuga will be interesting, but it might've been better to save him for the sequel.
Considering all the items you get from Ravio are already in the game as items, I imagine his moveset will revolve around the tornado and sand staff. But using all the upgraded items would be cool too.

I'm just happy Link Between Worlds is getting a good push because it is definitely my favourite Zelda since Wind Waker.
Edit: Oops forgot Minish Cap was just after Wind Waker, its been awhile is all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Spirit Tracks' Zelda is her best incarnation.

Really, the true casualty here is the lack of Mr Write/Left.

Javelin

Neo Member
I hope it's Spirit Track Zelda. The game itself left a lot to be desired but it had my all-time favorite incarnation of Zelda.

Which version are you talking about the Wii U one or the 3ds one? And by DLC are you talking about the small packs or the season passes?

Wii U, and I'm talking about any DLC. I've noticed there are a lot of them.

You have the Wii U version, right? In that case you should get the Hero of Hyrule pack. It gets you three new adventure maps, 5 new characters (Twili Midna, Young Link, Tingle, Ganon, and a giant Cucco), a bunch of new costumes, and new weapon types for Link and Zelda.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind before deciding :)

For a theoretical Hyrule Warriors 2 I'd want a proper badass rendition of OoT's Impa. HW Impa is cool, but OoT's gets no respect

Also Groose and Linebeck please

Top Bottom