• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Hyrule Warriors DLC characters leaked.

Ryce

For what it's worth, I think Toon Link is getting the Phantom, a darkness element weapon that would nicely complement his Light Sword. He'd command it to attack and occasionally team up for double team moves.

SI0KqG5.png

I think Toon Zelda is getting the Spirit Flute. The Wind Waker, Dominion Rod, and Spirit Flute are all ancient artifacts passed down through the Royal Family, and considering regular Zelda has the Wind Waker and Dominion Rod in this game, it makes sense to give Toon Zelda the Spirit Flute.

NC6zv6s.png

Ryce

Toon Zelda is a less interesting form of a character already in the game. The worst part about Zelda in WW is when she's Zelda.
Wind Waker Zelda and Spirit Tracks Zelda are different people. Spirit Tracks Zelda is a great character, and it's arguably her best incarnation to date.

Yoshi88

Don't get the constant disappointment over no-Groose, seeing as it was always clearly stated, the DLCs would incorporate handheld titles this time around.

Or maybe i just don't get joke :/

However, i like the choices, as long as T-Zelda gets some nice weapon that differentiates her enough from her counterpart, like Tetra (and not like T-Link).

Ravio could be really awesome, as well as Yuga. Really lookign forward to their elements. Was so happy to finally get a good water character again with Marin.

Eolz

Don't get the constant disappointment over no-Groose, seeing as it was always clearly stated, the DLCs would incorporate handheld titles this time around.

People just read the headlines, they didn't know it was focused on handhelds.
+ bad joke that Groose is a fantastic character when he's just a good meme character

kunonabi

However, i like the choices, as long as T-Zelda gets some nice weapon that differentiates her enough from her counterpart, like Tetra (and not like T-Link).

Ravio could be really awesome, as well as Yuga. Really lookign forward to their elements. Was so happy to finally get a good water character again with Marin.

The problem is Groose should have been in from the beginning to match the two heroes that OoT and TP had. It always felt unbalanced especially in the cutscenes and with how the story played out.

rhandino

Banned
I don't know why some people are pressed at Toon Zelda since it's extremely likely that is going to be the Spirit Tracks ver. that, most likely, will be able to become a ghost and use the Phantom armor.

Ravio could work really well if they make him use all of his items along with Sheerow and I guess that Yuga and his painting abilites could lead to some interesting gameplay.

Overall the selection is solid tbh and most likely Hilda is going to be in the sequel and tbh we kind of have her =P

qsuUEVx.jpg

EDIT: Why are people asking for Groose when the DLC packs are themed after ST/PH and ALBW?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm hoping the NX gets an updated version of the game with all the 3DS DLC. I'm not a fan of playing the series on a handheld.

NeonZ

Is Toon Zelda going to be Spirit Tracks Zelda? Will she get her Darknut armor?

She's in the PH/ST packs, so it should be the Toon Zelda from that game. However, I'm not sure she'll be in armor mode all the time,since it'd hide her main model. That could work as a Toon Link weapon, not as Toon Zelda's main moveset. They could probably "break canon" and make Toon Zelda randomly possess the armor just during some attacks, while her primary weapon would be something else.

Kinsei

Banned
I really wish it was Phantom Zelda instead of Toon Zelda, but overall I like the characters.

I guess my gripe is just with another Zelda variation. Hilda could at least be a bit more of a twist.

Whatevs.

I guess they wanted the same amount of Link's and Zelda's. By the time all of the DLC will be out there will be four versions of each.

I'm hoping the NX gets an updated version of the game with all the 3DS DLC. I'm not a fan of playing the series on a handheld.

I'd much rather they start on HW2 instead of Extreme Legends.

Ithil

I would love to see Veran, Onox and Twinrova appear. Veran being a favorite of mine

Perhaps they thought with Cia already in it, it would be overkill to have two tall villainesses with enormous cans and crazy headdresses.

Or more likely they're not paying much attention to the Oracles/Minish games because of the Capcom part.

It would have been nice if we saw a character added from every handheld game though.

1. Marin
2. Onox
3. Veran
4. Vaati
5. Linebeck
6. Phantom Zelda
7. Hilda

Why are people asking for Groose when the DLC packs are themed after ST/PH and ALBW?

With no offense intended, this question is sort of inherently wrong and reminds me of "Why people want Borderlands 1 in the Gen 8 Borderlands port collection while it's the Handsome Jack Collection"? It's called the Handsome Jack Collection precisely because it has no Borderlands 1. Similarly, people want Groose because they like him, and there is no particular reason for HW team not releasing a pack that is not themed after a particular game and having "leftover all-stars" theme instead, for example, they are what they are precisely because they don't have Groose, or Saria, or Samus, or Master Chief, or anything else in particular.

NeonZ

With no offense intended, this question is sort of inherently wrong and reminds me of "Why people want Borderlands 1 in the Gen 8 Borderlands port collection while it's the Handsome Jack Collection"? It's called the Handsome Jack Collection precisely because it has no Borderlands 1. Similarly, people want Groose because they like him, and there is no particular reason for HW team not releasing a pack that is not themed after a particular game and having "leftover all-stars" theme instead, for example, they are what they are precisely because they don't have Groose, or Saria, or Samus, or Master Chief, or anything else in particular.

In this case they clearly set out to make portable centered DLC packs though, and aren't just that as an excuse. It's not like those portable games are the best selling or anything. They just are the first one and then the three recent ones aside from the newest game (which was a spin off of sorts too). That's the only pattern for these choices.

Ryce

This new DLC is primarily intended for Hyrule Warriors Legends, which is the handheld version of the game. That's why the DLC is based on the handheld Zelda games.

Legends itself is practically the "leftover all-stars" pack, with Skull Kid and the Wind Waker characters. There's never going to be enough time/resources to include everybody.

I just got the game a week or 2 back and didn't get any DLC

Which one should I get if I ever decide on getting one? This game already looks like it needs tons of hours to complete even half of the stuff it has

But there is a fair reason for it; w/ HJ Collection, it played as a for-profit scheme, so they can do another collection later on (or sell Borderlands separately later on). Here however, it was an artistic decision. None of the new characters originated from a handheld game, whereas in this case, four of the new characters are.

Eh...I'll see how they are in game before I make judgement. Ravio and Yuga might have some interesting stuff, but Toon Zelda...really...

Really wish Linebeck and Hilda would have been in though

Razmos

Anyone saying Groose are not paying attention because all the DLC characters are clearly all from Handheld titles and we've known since the DLC was announced exactly what games the characters are coming from.

Groose has become a very very annoying meme, and I want them to put him in the game just to shut you all up about it. Personally I thought Groose was an awful character with an awful design and a very generic character arc.

And the calls for Linebeck are almost as annoying.

Hilda could be a more magic-based character than Zelda with the Dark element, so yes, they better put her in Hyrule Warriors 2.
She is LITERALLY Zelda with a different hair colour and make up, the costume is more than enough. Wanting Hilda is absurd, she isn't even an interesting character

NeonZ

I just got the game a week or 2 back and didn't get any DLC

Which one should I get if I ever decide on getting one? This game already looks like it needs tons of hours to complete even half of the stuff it has

Which version are you talking about the Wii U one or the 3ds one? And by DLC are you talking about the small packs or the season passes?

TI82

Banned
The problem is Groose should have been in from the beginning to match the two heroes that OoT and TP had. It always felt unbalanced especially in the cutscenes and with how the story played out.

Be happy skyward sword even got one hero in, that game is not well liked lol

Zubz

Banned
Ravio was a bit obvious and is certainly welcome, but Toon Zelda seems like a let down. I mean, sure, we have 4 different Links without even counting Linkle, but at least each one is from a different point in the timeline. We already have the WW version of Zelda everyone likes; if she's not in the Phantom armor, it seems like a bit of a waste, especially since Linebeck was an option.

Even though it's been known since the Legends DLC was announced to not have SS content, though, the sting of no Groose can still be felt.

Top Bottom