• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends DLC detailed - Link's Awakening, PH, Spirit Tracks, ALBW

Oh hey, it's probably linebeck, a character I really like. don't I feel silly buying this game when it released on the Wii U. :|

Edit: wait, you can play this DLC on wii u?

Rafavert

Oh hey, it's probably linebeck, a character I really like. don't I feel silly buying this game when it released on the Wii U. :|

Edit: wait, you can play this DLC on wii u?

Only the characters and weapons, it seems. The maps are likely to be more focused on the 3DS feature (character switching, the My Fairy thingy). You can buy the DLC for both together for a better price (€17 for both, 25 seperate).

Has to be this

That one is way obscure o.o and that's saying a lot after we got Agitha.

What a shitty decision not releasing actual playable maps for the wiiu version to use the new characters.

Knowing how this studio works im sure they are planning on a hyrule warriors 2 for NX that includes everyone and their mother from the old game and 20 characters more with a new story that ties everyone.
So im fucking passing on this dlc and waiting for a new game, even if I have to wait 2 years more.

The 3ds version looks and runs like fucking ass so im not touching that shit with a ten foot pole.

Javier

Marin and Linebeck seem like the right choices.

As for the ALBW characters, I'm going to think outside the box a bit and call we get either Ravio OR Yuga, and the second character is actually Irene.

mclem

If you purchase the Link’s Awakening Pack, or have purchased the Legends of Hyrule Pack Season Pass, you can download the following content:

16 new My Fairy costume pieces
A new map for Adventure Mode with two new challenge battle scenarios
A new playable character
A new weapon for Linkle

Bowwow would be awesome.

Ryce

Another Zelda over the most popular character from the DS games?

That would be Skull Kid levels of stupid omissions.
Not only did it take forever to get Skull Kid, but Groose still isn't playable, so I don't think character selection is as obvious as one might expect. Spirit Zelda means as much to Spirit Tracks as Linebeck does to Phantom Hourglass. Phantoms are a major part of both games (hence their titles), and considering the DLC pack is called "Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks Pack," I don't know... it's just a feeling I have. Yes, it would technically be another Zelda, but you'd be playing as a Phantom.

Kinsei

Banned
Do we know how the DLC is being released in Japan? One of the things I disliked most about the DLC of the original release (the lack of collectibles on the adventure maps for the DLC characters) was due to the way the DLC was released in Japan. I hope they're getting the packs that we are instead of having everything separate.

Rafavert

I almost want to say Koei is choosing to omit those Zelda games with Capcom's explicit involvement on purpose.

Maybe they'll change their minds with a sequel...

Now that you mention it, there has been no sign of Minish Cap, either...

Where's my Vaati!?

Yukinari

What a shitty decision not releasing actual playable maps for the wiiu version to use the new characters.

Knowing how this studio works im sure they are planning on a hyrule warriors 2 for NX that includes everyone and their mother from the old game and 20 characters more with a new story that ties everyone.
So im fucking passing on this dlc and waiting for a new game, even if I have to wait 2 years more.

The 3ds version looks and runs like fucking ass so im not touching that shit with a ten foot pole.

Im totally ready for the review thread when Legends comes out. Gonna be no shocker when every review deducts points for how bad the game runs and looks.

Not only did it take forever to get Skull Kid, but Groose still isn't playable, so I don't think character selection is as obvious as one might expect. Spirit Zelda means as much to Spirit Tracks as Linebeck does to Phantom Hourglass. Phantoms are a major part of both games (hence their titles), and considering the DLC pack is called "Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks Pack," I don't know... it's just a feeling I have. Yes, it would technically be another Zelda, but you'd be playing as a Phantom.

There's a Linebeck in both games though...I think he's pretty likely.

Im totally ready for the review thread when Legends comes out. Gonna be no shocker when every review deducts points for how bad the game runs and looks.

Isn't the game already out in Japan? They seem impressed with the performance, on N3DS of course.

Feltrol

Banned
Zelda.no.Densetsu%3A.Mugen.no.Sunadokei.full.175548.jpg

Time to shine, Linebeck!

Simbabbad

Wii U version get screwed, shame because I won't bother with the inferior 3DS version. What's the point of new characters without new maps?

Link's Awakening set... DLC character... holy shit we're getting Marin YES

Then Ravio and Hilda? They're also 2 of my favourite Zelda characters so DOUBLE YES... (triple?... YES)

Berordn

Ugh, I was going to try and pass on Legends but the idea of seeing some of the handheld characters get a chance to shine...

Linebeck's all but confirmed at this point so now I can't refuse.

Berordn

Wii U version get screwed, shame because I won't bother with the inferior 3DS version. What's the point of new characters without new maps?

New characters came without maps on the Wii U version anyway. They were just there to offer new ways to play and something else to level.

DLC never added any new stages to the Wii U version, and DLC characters never had unlocks on adventure mode maps.

Piers

Because they're new characters that play differently?

You're half right, but almost all the missions and story events have rewards tied to specific characters, and playing anything without a reward in this game feels fruitless.

Challenge mode, sure, but that's kind of a time waster (if still fun in its own way) compared to other productive things in the game.

Garlador

Here's hoping for the definitive NX release. If not, I'll eventually buy this just due to content quantity alone.

Yeah, at this point, I haven't purchased any DLC yet and there's so much here that it's rather daunting to look at everything I haven't bought yet.

Ryce

Out of curiosity, what would a potential Linebeck move set look like? The other non-combatants like Agitha and Zora have signature items to pull inspiration from, but Linebeck is just a regular human sailor. Toon Link already uses the Phantom Sword, and I don't think he'd transform into Possessed Linebeck mid-battle since that isn't really Hyrule Warriors' style.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Very good, now I just have to plan how to purchase those new characters...
The Wii U only pack sounds good imho. I'll think about it.

Simbabbad

New characters came without maps on the Wii U version anyway.
And it was already a stupid setup which meant you barely used them.

DLC never added any new stages to the Wii U version.
And?

almost all the missions and story events have rewards tied to specific characters, and playing anything without a reward in this game feels fruitless.
Exactly. The increased level maximum also means it's a pain to level up a character correctly if you have no new content to use it with. This DLC is worthless, a wasted opportunity.

Out of curiosity, what would a potential Linebeck move set look like? The other non-combatants like Agitha and Zora have signature items to pull inspiration from, but Linebeck is just a regular human sailor. Toon Link already uses the Phantom Sword, and I don't think he'd transform into Possessed Linebeck mid-battle since that isn't really Hyrule Warriors' style.

Maybe he can summon different boats with various cannons and other tricks? It's a little weird to try and imagine, but I think it's possible.

i don't really want the half-measure version of the dlc for the wiiu and would rather not buy the 3ds version since there's no cross-save so i guess i'll have to continue hoping for hyrule warriors extreme legends or whatevero on nx.

Boats, Cannons, Seagulls, Fishing Polls, Grappling Hooks, Fish. Basically make a silly pirate/nautical move set. Maybe throw in some trains, even if he wasn't a major character in ST.

They built a move set out of a talking boat. Tetra uses flinlock pistols, even though her weapon of choice is a scimitar.

And it was already a stupid setup which meant you barely used them.

(...)

Exactly. The increased level maximum also means it's a pain to level up a character correctly if you have no new content to use it with. This DLC is worthless, a wasted opportunity.

This.

I've put 250 hours into Hyrule Warriors and really, there's no incentive at all to play some characters. New maps are a must.

Pizza

Tbh I'm not even mad about not getting the maps on Wii U: I don't think I've even finished one of them yet. It blows for those who have though

Link Between Worlds? Ravio and Hilde here we come.

I'm expecting Linebeck.

Though I would've loved a Minish Cap pack. Vaati feels like a must.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Two characters in the aLbW pack? I'm guessing Hilda and Ravio? If so, sign me the heck on.

Link Between Worlds? Ravio and Hilde here we come.

I'm expecting Linebeck.

Though I would've loved a Minish Cap pack. Vaati feels like a must.

Oooh, Vaati would have been great. Imagine him turning into his eye form for his boss finishers or while activating his special metre.

Ryce

Maybe he can summon different boats with various cannons and other tricks? It's a little weird to try and imagine, but I think it's possible.
Maybe. I know it's possible — any character is — but I just really want to see Phantom Zelda as a playable character. She seems much more readily adaptable than Linebeck.

• It would be nice to have an armored tank-style character with a giant sword. Ganondorf and Zant come close to this archetype, but they're too frenzied and unorthodox.
  • I can easily envision Zelda's spirit leaving the Phantom for certain combo enders, directly attacking the enemies with ghostly magic. When she wins a match, the Phantom would fall apart and she'd be restored to life.
  • Toon Zelda is a really iconic design. At the very least, I was expecting to see a Toon Zelda costume for Tetra, but it doesn't appear that more DLC costumes are coming. A Phantom Zelda character would resolve this concern.
  • Zelda summons a Phantom in Smash Bros., and Smash Bros. is hugely influential.
aIXEN3u.png

#teamphantom

Nia

It's got to be Marin. Summons an army of Seagulls to reenact The Birds. I'd like to see Byrne, but it's obviously going to be Linebeck. Also Hilda and Ravio for A Link Between Worlds.

UCBooties

I know legends includes all the DLC adventure maps from the WiiU version Season Pass. Does anyone know if it will come with the dark Link skin as well?

CTLance

I have a n3DS and judging by the demo I don't really want the 3DS version of the game. Then again, the possibility of a LA character cropping up is tempting me something fierce.

Marin (crane game & singing finisher)
Shopkeep (Thief frying finisher)
Windfish (skip to credits finisher)
Tarin (Tanuki magic dust frenzy finisher)

So many possibilities.

Top Bottom