• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Round 2015 - Fighting Game Tournament - March 20th - 22nd

alstein

If the TO's didn't know then who the hell is running the damn tournament? Skippy from across the block?
They got to get their shit together, fuck a warning, make a damn example out of them so this shit isn't repeated again.
If it really was that big of a screw up, they need to organize themselves, it ain't that hard to get the names and make a bracket out of it smh

When you're running the amount of games FR is, it's a lot harder than you think it is. This is the 2nd biggest tourney in the US. I would have said tough shit personally, but I understand the other side of the argument. I'm not afraid to criticize TOs, and some criticism is deserved, but this is minor compared to ECT.

This was also pools not top 16.

Ultimately players should be able to get their damn asses up even if pools started at 6am.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Also remember that pool times were not posted until Saturday morning...

It sucks that there was inconsistency in how different bracket runners handled it (some got DQ'd, some didn't), but I don't really have strong feelings either way.

Beesuit

Players aren't exactly just going to roll over and dq themselves for rocking up late either. If there's a way to stay in the tournament but in a later pool, they'll gladly take it with both arms. That's on the TO's to make sure their ship is tightly ran.

Malice215

Moving people between pools happens alot, especially with people who don't pre-reg, and if it really was a big deal, then Damdai should have went to ShinBlanka instead of Twitter about it.

But these are the problems that come up when you try to cater to people and give them the convenience of being able to sign up at the door instead of pre-registering. And going to Twitter about it instead of the TO just puts a bad look on the community and Capcom who doesn't want to get involved in running someone else's tournament.

The knife through the wall is also stupid. People shouldn't condemn the entire community for the actions of one person, but that's what happens when people who can't control their salt do something stupid and start damaging property.

LegatoB

Are we really going to put gas in the tanks of white knight warriors again for a random knife in a wall?
Yeah, man, I don't see why anyone would be uncomfortable with dudes putting knives through walls because they lost their bets. Be cool. Don't be a white knight for acting like an adult.

Kimosabae

Banned
Yeah, man, I don't see why anyone would be uncomfortable with dudes putting knives through walls because they lost their bets. Be cool. Don't be a white knight for acting like an adult.

Lmao. Get out more.

It's obviously a bad scene, but to herald this as emblematic of the FGC is stupid and just continues to play into the false perceptions.

Tweeting that was dumb.

LegatoB

Lmao. Get out more.

It's obviously a bad scene, but to herald this as emblematic of the FGC is stupid and just continues to play into the false perceptions.

Tweeting that was dumb.
Emblematic? Nah. Some dumb bullshit we don't need? Yep. Solution is to get people to act their ages and throw them out if they don't, not to pretend bad behavior doesn't happen.

what the...

omg... Are people seriously bringing knives onto the venue? I don't want to go to tournaments anymore. I'm done.

Edit:

All of this shit is going to blow up, first it was the pool switching, now a fucking knife and dents in a wall after a money match? FR is going down the fucking drain.

Right. Because some stupid ass people do something outside of the tournament and in their rooms, that's final round's fault.

If the TO's didn't know then who the hell is running the damn tournament? Skippy from across the block?
They got to get their shit together, fuck a warning, make a damn example out of them so this shit isn't repeated again.
If it really was that big of a screw up, they need to organize themselves, it ain't that hard to get the names and make a bracket out of it smh
You are being insanely hyperbolic in this thread. Calm down.

This shit happens at EVERY tournament. Someone is mad they got in losers and tries to find a reason why. They don't say anything to ANYBODY and instead bitch AFTER the fact. It's only an issue when they lost. Fchamp bitched about this a few years ago in top16 because he had to fight Ricky. We can't do shit about that. Instead he whined to Keits on video and all these stream monsters started running their mouths without knowing what the fuck was going on. Champ went to the club with us the night before AND HE SAW THE BRACKET THAT NIGHT. He only bitched because he lost. Damdai wouldn't have given a shit if he won. I'll make sure I find him today and we have a chat about this.

The people that Final Round are honest. We don't show favoritism to people like you've talked about. We can't fix issues if we aren't told about them. People saying shit after the fact doesn't help ANYONE. And people like you running off all half cocked and screaming shit about credibility don't help because you're just inflaming a situation that could have been handled if the adults in the situation acted like adults and spoke the fuck up.

MrDaravon

You are being insanely hyperbolic in this thread. Calm down.

This shit happens at EVERY tournament. Someone is mad they got in losers and tries to find a reason why. They don't say anything to ANYBODY and instead bitch AFTER the fact. It's only an issue when they lost. Fchamp bitched about this a few years ago in top16 because he had to fight Ricky. We can't do shit about that. Instead he whined to Keits on video and all these stream monsters started running their mouths without knowing what the fuck was going on. Champ went to the club with us the night before AND HE SAW THE BRACKET THAT NIGHT. He only bitched because he lost. Damdai wouldn't have given a shit if he won. I'll make sure I find him today and we have a chat about this.

The people that Final Round are honest. We don't show favoritism to people like you've talked about. We can't fix issues if we aren't told about them. People saying shit after the fact doesn't help ANYONE. And people like you running off all half cocked and screaming shit about credibility don't help because you're just inflaming a situation that could have been handled if the adults in the situation acted like adults and spoke the fuck up.

Damdai tweeted well before he was eliminated, I don't remember if it was before or after he was put into losers though. It's also irrelevant since whether or not he had won, and whether or not he should have gone to a TO (we have no idea if he did or not) someone was put into a bracket that they were not listed to be in, and are now in the money. If there was a legitimate reason that they were moved it shouldn't be hard for that to be made known?

MrDaravon

Pools are seeded.

Also the pool Hiro was in had (apparently) already been started and he should have been or already DQ'd from that pool. Again this is all assuming what Damdai is saying is true regarding the timing, but we know from the pools on the site Hiro WAS moved, so they do need to say something one way or the other. If he was moved before any of the pools started its still not a great look depending on why he was moved, but that would be kinda whatever. If he was moved out of his pool after it started, then yeahhh.

Tik-Tok

-imbalances the pools

-rewards people for missing their pool if they're grouped with someone like Momochi
Pools aren't balanced in the first place. Go look at them. Balancing them is arbitrary and based on opinion.

If your not gonna make it in to the money anyhow you have no right to complain.

Pools aren't balanced in the first place. Go look at them. Balancing them is arbitrary and based on opinion.

If your not gonna make it in to the money anyhow you have no right to complain.

Jeron was sent to losers by Momochi, who he met in Winners top 16.

A player who originally he was in the same pool as.

You don't see a problem with this?

kitzkozan

Xrd is very good for a first iteration, it's a shame that it's a relatively unpopular game. :s It just look awesome in motion and the crispness of top players make it shine.

Shouta

Is there a character with short combos and relatively little jump-cancelling required? :p All the jump cancels in the tutorials kinda scared me off.

Don't know lol.

Pools 1 through 8 all started at the same time yesterday and Hiro was a late entry. He couldn't have been DQed then moced because it was at the same time and he played all his matches as I recall.

Did momochi play Hiro on stream at all?

MrDaravon

Really wish I had known I was going to be getting a PS4 this past week, otherwise I would have bought Xrd on that crazy flash sale a while back :/

g0est

Xrd is very good for a first iteration, it's a shame that it's a relatively unpopular game. :s It just look awesome in motion and the crispness of top players make it shine.

XRD has the third most entrants (186) at FR this year. I think that makes it a popular game.

Sayad

Missed most of Xrd top 8 due to being stuck in traffic! :(
It was worth it though, Bloodborne is now downloading the update. :D

Tik-Tok

How is this relevant to Hiro getting moved? I have no idea why people keep bringing this up, even if Damdai had made it out in winners or never said anything that has zero bearing on the issue here.
It's relevant because Damdai wasn't gonna do shit anyhow.

You're also all assuming Jeron didn't message someone ahead of time and say hey I won't be able to make it to my pool on time could I be moved?
People are travelling very far distances to attend tournaments and shit happens.

Top Bottom