• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Round 2015 - Fighting Game Tournament - March 20th - 22nd

Tik-Tok

So now it doesn't matter even if you're a player who can do shit? lol
This goes hand and hand with them not doing shit. If you finish fourth (out of the money) and lost directly to the person who was moved then you have a legitimate gripe. Otherwise hold that shit cause the only thing you lost was bragging rights about POSSIBLY making it further.

CurlyW

Apparently UNIEL Top 16 will not start until 2pm, and my buddy nobodyexe says he might have to withdraw because of this.

Shouta

Kazunoko after his Xrd win
wCebiSA.jpg

I'm on the other side of that wall.

This goes hand and hand with them not doing shit. If you finish fourth (out of the money) and lost directly to the person who was moved then you have a legitimate gripe. Otherwise hold that shit cause the only thing you lost was bragging rights about POSSIBLY making it further.

This is Street Fighter 4. Even if you're top 3 capable, you can totally lose to someone early on in tournament just due to matchup.

Just stop wasting our time and be honest. You don't give a fuck about the integrity of the tournament. I don't think it's the end of the world either but if East Coast Throwdown got punished last year, then Final Round should be held to the same level of scrutiny.

So the rules don't matter, except when they do.

ok.gif

marvelo, 3-0

fchamp is probably gonna win. maybe cloud. those are my top 2 picks with justin in third.
terry probably won't beat cloud as he's a bit weak to zero (or was beforehand) and last time him and fchamp fought he got blasted into the next dimension

edit:
fuck i forgot full schedule, who is champ's hell demon
shiiit uhhhhh, it might come down to either fchamp/FS or FS/cloud then

I think FChamp is the best bet for today, but I'm rooting for Full Schedule.

Azure J

marvelo, 3-0

fchamp is probably gonna win. maybe cloud. those are my top 2 picks with justin in third.
terry probably won't beat cloud as he's a bit weak to zero (or was beforehand) and last time him and fchamp fought he got blasted into the next dimension

edit:
fuck i forgot full schedule, who is champ's hell demon
shiiit uhhhhh, it might come down to either fchamp/FS or FS/cloud then

Dunno how I missed this but YAY Marvelo. He was my other Dante/Strider sempai during my time playing Ultimate.

Line_HTX

Yeah, this is booty now. God, I hate Gen Fu so much.

Bring on Morrigan. Terry Bogard gonna take this. Last hope now that Christ is gone.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Man Clockwork cannot catch a break... he is easily top 8 major caliber.

He's also a super cool dude in RL; met him at NWM last year, and we talked about places to live near Long Beach (I might have had to move there for a job).

He IS playing Marvel again, thing is that since his hiatus a lot of people have gotten a lot better. More people know the Morrigan match up. He doesn't get any free wins in pools/semis any more due to people rolling over against his team.

Like Marvel at FR had about 200 entrants which isn't as high as it once was but the quality of play is way higher. The level of play is more dense... there are fewer matches you have to play but every one is a killer.

I watched pools of Marvel today after a while and everyone was fucking struggling. It was no shock that some of these players didn't even make it out of pools when once they could get top 8 at a major pretty easily.

Apparently Chris G's pool had RayRay and Terry Bogard. Killer pool right there.

Who eliminated Chris G?

Terry Bogard put Chris into losers in pools; and Marvelo beat him in Losers.

Top Bottom