• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Round XV: Cross Assault Survivors Reunion | Fighting game tournament | Mar. 2-4

Crocodile

I couldn't catch too much this weekend but KOF > Marvel for me, mostly due to Juicebox. Great commentary/positive commentary does wonders for a stream. Marvel was quality (fuck Dark Everyone though) but I wasn't really feeling it personally. Congrats to the Japanese dude with the unique team though. GTGE overall.

Beth Cyra

Overall weekend was good.

Plenty of problems but with Thunderstroms where bad, and the game selection not to my taste at all times but still good.

I do wish they would have stuck to the original idea with Marvel going last because that top 4 in SF was pretty awesome but not really hype.

The two Die matches where killer for me personally because I just knew he was going to get crushed.

That said he did do better in some of the rounds then I thought he would.

Krone just picked up where Latif left off last year. He never blocks, ever. And why should he? Safe reversals all day and it really sickens me. I think I'm finally starting to agree with guys like Flash, Mike Ross, and so on and say screw this game.......nah I'll still play it, screw Viper. She's a abomination.

Beth Cyra

Krone just picked up where Latif left off last year. He never blocks, ever. And why should he? Safe reversals all day and it really sickens me. I think I'm finally starting to agree with guys like Flash, Mike Ross, and so on and say screw this game.......nah I'll still play it, screw Viper. She's a abomination.

This isn't really true.

Well I agree with Latif, but all day we saw Krone use footsies and block plenty. It was most of what Ski and David where talking about and how it made him different from all other Viper's including Latif.

That last set sure, but he isn't nearly as special happy as most.

I see your point. But where are all the other Vipers at? It very dismissive of Krone's skill level.

Krone would body Ross if Ross used Viper.

Just want to say thanks to Larry for all his hard work this weekend even though he went through such a tragic loss a few days ago. I hope he is able to keep this up. Much love and God bless.

Also thanks to Team Spooky for bringing us this content. Keep up the great work guys.

Zuly

I think Wolfkrone had the upper hand the entire time. He overslept and only focuses on one game. He was more composed than the rest of his opponents.

And I guess I'll watch Fanatiq to see how funny this gets.

I see your point. But where are all the other Vipers at? It very dismissive of Krone's skill level.

Krone would body Ross if Ross used Viper.

I'm not hating on Krone, I just really really hate this one thing about Viper. If I played as Ryu and mash DP against someone else's block string without meter, I'm going to feel a world of hurt when I come back down. Viper doesn't have to worry about that, burn kick or EX seismo is free of punishment on block. Just look how often Krone did it, he didn't even care if Justin punished with dive kick, it wasn't worth it to stop. And that's why it disgust me.

I have to admit, Wolfkrone is good because he takes advantage of the SF4 system of "get knock down and guess 50/50/50/50" game.

I wonder if he'll place as well as he does in SF4 in SFxT.

https://twitter.com/#!/EMP_TriForce_GM/status/176518548783501312

lol, he hasn't adapted in all the previous times they played before. Viper is still a big problem for Wong.

Justin has about a 50/50 record against Viper as of late dude.

- Justin loss to Latif 2-1 at EVO (he dropped game winning combo).
- Justin beats Latiff at Devastation. (Winner bracket and grand finals).
- Justin lose to Latiff at WNF.
- Justin beats Latiff 2-1 winner semi (SCR)
- Justin lose to Wolfkrone GF 2-3, 2-3 (NEC)
- Justin beats Wolfkrone in losers go on to win tournament. (Winter Brawl)
- Justin lose to Wolfkrone GF 1-3, 0-3. (Final Round)

Ricky is about 50/50 with Wolfkrone too.
-Ricky beat Wolfkrone at Seasonbeatings.
-Ricky loses to Wolfkrone at Final Round.

As good as he is, PR Balrog seems to be a really despicable character. The way he humped MIHE behind his back after beating him in losers semi was pretty stupid.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty disrespectful, which is kinda strange for me because I've seen many people do many "disrespectful" stuff on camera, but Rog's action was the first time I felt the line was crossed.

Nabs

ibp4ANWx4ohnVi.gif

http://minus.com/mffy8m62x a few more there

VF5 exhibition and AgeoJoe made this whole weekend worthwhile.
Not just for his Marvel technology, but that ridiculously hype GGXXAC match and runback with SteveH.

Beth Cyra

Fanatiq is going to fucking melt down when he watched PR Rog and Yipes lose.

I got to say this shit is kinda weird. Justin and most of the community seemed like they really got along and respected Krone.

Granted the Salty DQ was whack but the shit like PR's is just odd.

Nabs

Need a longer version of this. Chris G just stared at the screen for a good 30 seconds, heh.

20mb gif right there. It'll probably find a spot on youtube, with a closeup of the dude directly in the middle. He was going crazy.

Top Bottom