• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Round XV: Cross Assault Survivors Reunion | Fighting game tournament | Mar. 2-4

It's just beyond stupid to assume that many of the people who want games in with him are xenophobic assholes or whatever.

there was a funny burst of Japanophilia after he won yesterday. Like his victory meant the U.S. UMVC3 scene is so terrible and far behind. And then when he was tweeting about being shocked about people wanting MMs and that people are passionate about UMVC3 here, a bunch of people thought they needed to white knight him.

It's too early to say whether he's a gimmick that'll fall apart once people defeat the log trap assist plus some of his tricks or if he's like a Boshy boss that has one impossible part and then another right after, if you figure out the first one. Coming from Japan, I'm gonna say he's the former.

Chavelo

there was a funny burst of Japanophilia after he won yesterday. Like his victory meant the U.S. UMVC3 scene is so terrible and far behind. And then when he was tweeting about being shocked about people wanting MMs and that people are passionate about UMVC3 here, a bunch of people thought they needed to white knight him.

It's too early to say whether he's a gimmick that'll fall apart once people defeat the log trap assist plus some of his tricks or if he's like a Boshy boss that has one impossible part and then another right after, if you figure out the first one. Coming from Japan, I'm gonna say he's the former.

DhHbF.jpg

Yeah, he did great, but there was this stupid fear that somehow he was going to get hurt or some crap. People were just salty, that's all.

Good thing about living in Japan is that he has all this time to level up some more and maybe work on his team or maybe on another gimmick/setup next time he comes around (maybe EVO?). Time will tell.

Top 32 was just too hype in general. :D

http://i.imgur.com/DhHbF.jpg[/IG]

Yeah, he did great, but there was this stupid fear that somehow he was going to get hurt or some crap. People were just salty, that's all.

Good thing about living in Japan is that he has all this time to level up some more and maybe work on his team or maybe on another gimmick/setup next time he comes around (maybe EVO?). Time will tell.

Top 32 was just too hype in general. :D[/QUOTE]

I wonder how salty people really were. I mean, looking at U.S. UMVC3 players, particularly from the perspective of a small japanese man who just beat them at their own game and popped off while doing so, I would probably be apprehensive to agree to a money match in a crowded, loud hotel room. But I can't imagine it being malicious, just hype and competitive, like the U.S. FGC is. It's a shame he didn't hang out and talk shop with our players.

Well, we have him on video now. I'm sure at least PR Rog is gonna watch them and try to figure out what happened. I think it's entirely possible for Japanese players to develop strats like that (i.e. crazy ones we have never seen) and subvert the U.S. tournies. For one thing, every one of our tourneys is streamed for all to see and there just isn't that much info about the Japanese UMVC3 scene.

I agree though, all around great matches in marvel pretty much the entire day yesterday!

Tobe

On a world wide scale - how good are the north american king of fighters XIII players?

living in peru, where KOF fans consider it a national game, most people will say americans are ASS at the game.

most people think that the world tier list of players would be China, south america and mexico, japan, EU, usa. tho this is the opinion of the OG kof players in my country. tho look at the results of the last kof majors in the usa, all won by mexicans.

Evo is the place where it will be decided who is the best for sure.

alstein

On a world wide scale - how good are the north american king of fighters XIII players?

There really hasn't been a Mexican vs Asian KOF showdown on neutral soil (the US) yet.

Oogosho is a very strong player in 98, but XIII doesn't play to his strengths.

EVO is going to be insane.

living in peru, where KOF fans consider it a national game, most people will say americans are ASS at the game.

most people think that the world tier list of players would be China, south america and mexico, japan, EU, usa. tho this is the opinion of the OG kof players in my country. tho look at the results of the last kof majors in the usa, all won by mexicans.

wow i would not have expected that at all. Who are some of the best Peruvian players?

Busaiku

Caught this at Dustloop, Vampire Savior side tournament footage.

1. GGPO Kajoq (LeiLei/Sasquatch)
2. Kyle_Wattula (Morrigan)
3. ActionHank (Aulbath)
4. Ailerus (Felicia)
5. Sluch (Q-Bee)
5. Lion’sEye (Gallon)
7. Alphakami (Qbee)
7. Lord Knight (Bulleta)
9. PNW Jason Cole (Anakaris)
9. Monty (Aulbath)
9. Zinac (leiLei)
9. Shag (Sasquatch)
13. Gilty (Aulbath/Bulleta)
13. GGPO Tetsu (Zabel)
13. ShinobiFist (Lilith)
16. BYE- Floe backed out

MrDaravon

Avoided Twitter and SRK all day yesterday since I missed Marvel, just watched all of the top 32, holy shit. So glad I had no idea that the Joe/RR/Frank team won Marvel, fucking amazing.

Kikujiro

So last year Final Round Topic had 60 pages (yeah I know, 50 posts peasant here), this year we are at 165. Damn this is gettin bigger and bigger. The viewers count on the stream broke 25,000, just amazing.

Thanks to Shinblanka, RoninChaos and all the FR crew, there were some problems but you did a great job. I liked the fact that we saw a lot of different games.

Duxxy3

Oh man, i hope everyone shows up for that.

I am a little surprised that china would be that high up there - i would figure not having access to consoles would be a detriment.

theowne

lol Kusoru was trolling his opponents all day, it's funny how people are treating him like this helpless guy being bullied by the mean Americans.

chen is alright. its understandable why he's repeating stuff. he cries alot about cammy though.

ski, however, he complains way too much.

*quick google*

Oh hey. I was that dude with the kindle you helped not get DQed from Soul Calibur. Thanks for that.

With the glasses, right? How did you enjoy the tournament? Things got pretty hectic. I prefer to run my brackets a little looser, but we didn't have time.

I definitely didn't want you to get DQ'd since you were in one of my pools. We don't like people coming out and getting tossed out of their brackets because people can't find them. I knew you were there.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
With the glasses, right? How did you enjoy the tournament? Things got pretty hectic. I prefer to run my brackets a little looser, but we didn't have time.
Yup. It was actually my second year coming to Final Round, and I had a fantastic time just as I did last year. Though I must say the whole experience is pretty grueling overall. MASSIVE props to people like you who work the floor. I don't know how much sleep you guys got but it can't be much.

Of course there were some nagging issues, but it's not like you guys programmed those four elevators to behave like there's only one. It's also a shame to hear about the power issue, but running with less setups is clearly favorable to running over capacity and then having everything go dark while pools are in session.

It's also a shame that the only difference in hotel rooms this year was the view. Shiki hooked us Charlotte people up last year and we had a suite with free food available in the executive lounge.

Amagon

Anybody has the archive of the KOF Top 8? I want to hear that Juicebox commentary again. So good!

"!Uno mas cabron!"

It's not like it was Juicebox's first time commentating. He was commentating with Seth Killian at SCR 2010 (everyone remembers the Juicegasm response to F.Champ beating Umehara), and I've heard him commentate several times since. I think he was commentating KOF at Winter Brawl as well. And since Juicebox loves getting into the technical side of things, he can offer great analysis of the match as it's being played.
Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Zuly

It's always great to see Rey de Mexico being well represented at a major, and not only that, having players such as Combofiend, Chris G and even J.Wong himself enter.

I'm not sure, but can someone confirm if Juicebox is a fellow boricua?

Amagon

It's always great to see Rey de Mexico being well represented at a major, and not only that, having players such as Combofiend, Chris G and even J.Wong himself enter.

I'm not sure, but can someone confirm if Juicebox is a fellow boricua?

Yea he is.

Is it actually agreed that the best Chinese players are better than the best South American players? My impression is that they are pretty close.

Top Bottom