• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Round XV: Cross Assault Survivors Reunion | Fighting game tournament | Mar. 2-4

That Twitter feed makes it sound like the dude was already ultra scared to be out of Japan to begin with.

I just can't imagine people being exactly as he's describing.

That Twitter feed makes it sound like the dude was already ultra scared to be out of Japan to begin with.

I just can't imagine people being exactly as he's describing.

I don't think they came at him with deadly intent. Just that they were very adamant about wanting matches and probably relentless when he turned them down. I guess he's probably never been in that kind of atmosphere before and it scared him, especially being in a foreign land. Maybe it's his attitude as well. He just wants to play for the love of the game and it doesn't mesh well with Americans who are very prideful of this game.

Whatever it is, I hope he comes back for EVO. But even with this message out, things aren't going to change. He's going to have the biggest bullseye on his back if he ever returns. People just have to be more calm around him though should he ever return.

Kikujiro

Whatever it is, I hope he comes back for EVO. But even with this message out, things aren't going to change. He's going to have the biggest bullseye on his back if he ever returns. People just have to be more calm around him though should he ever return.

Yeah, he definitely plays just for fun (or to troll), so all the serious salt faces probably scared him. But in the US Marvel is serious business, people can't be calm about that game.
I really hope he changes his mind, maybe some japanese top player like Tokido or Daigo can convince him to go to Evo.

Some of these stories about the disorganization and preferential treatment to top players is really infuriating. I would have gone HAM if I were that guy that got DQ'ed from KOF.

I can forgive the disorganization because of the crush of people, but that story about Floe doing what he did is fucking ridiculous. That should have never been allowed.

Can anybody tell me who this was that FLoE gave money to?

Kusoru's a small guy and Atlanta's a big city. Plus you had a fucking tornado and lightning storm going on. Add to that all the tourney pressure and it was probably a tough experience for him.

Ferrio

Banned
Kusoru won't be coming to USA again (read from bottom up if you're not familiar with Twitter)

6qPH8.png

The FGC should be fucking ashamed right now.

Why? Because we are not nice to him over his first win?

Don't forget Daigo won multiple majors before everyone adore the shit out him. Now he's like a rock star in the states. This guy hasn't paid his dues so people don't respect him that doesn't mean people are going to start shanking him. It's not our fault he perceives our lack of respect for his victory as us wanting to hurt him.

Don't forget Daigo won multiple majors before everyone adore the shit out him. Now he's like a rock star in the states. This guy hasn't paid his dues so people don't respect him that doesn't mean people are going to start shanking him. It's not our fault he perceives our lack of respect for his victory as us wanting to hurt him.

Daigo was always revered due to the Daigo parry.

theowne

I doubt Kusoru cares about people respecting him or beating him at EVO. The guy was trolling all day and flashing Sengoku Basara at the camera. He was just having fun, and didn't expect mega salt & animosity at a game that is in Japan considered "fun and random", not"serious business".

His tweets are probably overreacting, that tends to happen when you're a small Japanese man in a foreign hotel full of salty Americans. But it's a shame he's not going to come out anymore, he was entertaining.

P.S. Daigo is adored? Tokido, maybe, not Daigo. Daigo is treated like a famous super-villain. Winning one match against him apparently calls for "USA USA USA" chants.

KarmaCow

haha is he too scare to come over because people will break his tech and expose him as a one trick pony?

I'm pretty sure he isn't hiding that a good portion of the reason he won was based on gimmicks and unfamiliarity. It takes some talent to actually make that style work but it's not outright broken. After he beat Filipino Champ he was saying that Champ didn't know what to do at first but he was adapting. PR Balrog was getting there too in the finals. He just wants to do stupid, hype stuff like x-factor cancel into taking a drink with Frank right at the end of a match.

He just didn't get that Marvel is a thing in America I guess. Imagine if hundreds of people really wanted to money match you in a game of crazy eights. That would be weird.

Lethality

Good shit to Kusoru showing people that there is still much more to learn in this game

I know it's America's game and all that, but did they really need to challenge him to MM to to a point where the man feels uncomfortable? C'mon, keep your pride in check.

More people actually challenged him to money matches than congratulating the guy for winning Marvel on American soil? The guy just wanted to have fun, and he did just that, no need to ruin his trip here by making him feel uncomfortable.

As for the whole "he's too scared to come back" thing, I don't think so. One trick pony? C'mon, USA had 3 days to figure out the Raccoon, and all the best players were there. It worked because he made it work. It worked because USA slept on RR and Joe while tier whoring Wesker and Zero and it worked because he actually explored the game where as we just herp and derp with our Zero,Spencer and Weskers.

It may just be one win, but it's a win with characters who are considered some of the worst in the game, except lvl 3+ Frank, coupled with the fact that it was on American soil with some of the very best players from America.

Hope he does change his mind and come back for more. I'd love for him to show us more things about the game.

Lol@Marvel being less than a "kusoge."

Street Fighter IV AE 2012 was pretty anti-climactic, Krone is just on a level of his own against the American competition. Justin needs to pick up AE seriously again, it hurts to see him lose like that.

Duxxy3

Winning final round is great but it doesn't mean a damn thing if he can't sustain it.

Until he proves otherwise kusoru is a one shot wonder.

hteng

Banned
I'm pretty sure he isn't hiding that a good portion of the reason he won was based on gimmicks and unfamiliarity. It takes some talent to actually make that style work but it's not outright broken. After he beat Filipino Champ he was saying that Champ didn't know what to do at first but he was adapting. PR Balrog was getting there too in the finals. He just wants to do stupid, hype stuff like x-factor cancel into taking a drink with Frank right at the end of a match.

He just didn't get that Marvel is a thing in America I guess. Imagine if hundreds of people really wanted to money match you in a game of crazy eights. That would be weird.

I just think it's a bad decision to not wanting to continue going to the US FG scene, i thought he put up a good show and would be a great counter (or contribution) to the all serious-business MvC3 scene (like tokido's antics). It's natural people want to best him because he's like the friggin MvC3 world champion now, people will adapt to his game, and he'll make counters i'm sure. On money matches, he can decline them, he seems like a cheerful person overall, so i don't feel that he'll be intimidated.

Why? Kusoru's a troll, trolled like hell, won the tourney, got a ton of heat for being a troll, and bailed out because he didn't like the response. Big deal.

Him and Mihe can go jump in a lake. Disrespectful as all hell.

Anth0ny

I really hope Kusoru makes it out to Evo. If there's one thing I think we can all agree on, it's that he brought the hype.

I laughed out loud at the whole kusoge thing. It's pretty obvious when you look at Kusoru's mannerisms on the stream, though. Sengoku Basara, his mocking of Mihe's animu finger thing, and this:

1uN4B.gif

Truly a god of shitty games.

LProtag

If I could get famous in the FGC I think being known as someone who is good at shitty games would be awesome.

And probably all that I could achieve, but still, sounds like fun.

Junie12

Sucks for Kusoru, I hope he reconsiders and enters EVO. Dude is so much fun to watch and it will be a damn shame if he doesn't compete with America. I really wanted to watch more of him but oh well.

Why? Kusoru's a troll, trolled like hell, won the tourney, got a ton of heat for being a troll, and bailed out because he didn't like the response. Big deal.

Him and Mihe can go jump in a lake. Disrespectful as all hell.

Is this ironic? Because I thought Kusoru and Mihe's "trolling" was pretty light-hearted and harmless. It was goofy and done without malicious intent. Similar to Tokido's. It's a different type of humour though. The closest style of "trolling" from a US player is Juicebox doing his ultras choregraphy.

On the other hand, I think the usual pop off we see in the US FGC is much more disrespectful. Noel Brown standing up and shouting whatever at his opponents, PR Balrog dry humping Mihe or trashtalking Krone, Viscant telling PR Balrog he was lucky. That kind of stuff looks pretty serious and vindicative.

That's why I like players like Justing Wong, Combofiend, Ricky Ortiz, Marlinpie or Dieminion, get hype but don't get overly salty with your reactions.

How was Mihe being a dick? Just wondering.

2 dicks don't make a something, something.

I'll truncate so I don't seem like a super ranter. This is also completely separate from their play, which was bananas.

Mihe reps Planet Zero, which automatically loses points to me due to the whole rigged SBO qualifier deal back in 2008. All the posing after he won every goddamn round was annoying as hell, and I don't recall him being particularly respectful to anyone at any point on stream.

Kusoru did a ton of the stupid pose after winning crap too, except he just had props. The whole mugging for the camera/begging for mercy after he paused really irritated me, and then this whole taking his ball and going home thing after he didn't like/understand the culture is just whatever. If you want to be a troll, get thicker skin or stop being one.

Super Junior Edit: Blind, I thought that at first, especially with Kusoru, but with his reaction to how people kept wanting to MM him, it just seemed like he can tell harmless jokes, but either didn't know the culture or just can't handle it. It doesn't compute to me. He trolls a ton in Guilty Gear too, it's not new hat.

and Mihe doing his pose next to a completely dejected ChrisG was chock full of assholery.

Again, don't mean to threadcrap on an awesome tourney thread, but if Kusoru never comes here again it won't be a very big deal to me.

I think there's a huge difference between being a troll and just having fun.

When you're on the losing end, the line is very blurry.

I compare it to baseball. When guys hit home runs, they typically run around the bases stone-faced and stoic. Showing any kind of excitement over what you did is usually considered "showing up" the pitcher, who is already salty over giving up a bomb.

It's the same thing. The pitcher knows you're just excited you hit one. But he doesn't want to see it because you knocked it off him.

Chavelo

I'll truncate so I don't seem like a super ranter. This is also completely separate from their play, which was bananas.

Mihe reps Planet Zero, which automatically loses points to me due to the whole rigged SBO qualifier deal back in 2008. All the posing after he won every goddamn round was annoying as hell, and I don't recall him being particularly respectful to anyone at any point on stream.

Kusoru did a ton of the stupid pose after winning crap too, except he just had props. The whole mugging for the camera/begging for mercy after he paused really irritated me, and then this whole taking his ball and going home thing after he didn't like/understand the culture is just whatever. If you want to be a troll, get thicker skin or stop being one.

Super Junior Edit: Blind, I thought that at first, especially with Kusoru, but with his reaction to how people kept wanting to MM him, it just seemed like he can tell harmless jokes, but either didn't know the culture or just can't handle it. It doesn't compute to me. He trolls a ton in Guilty Gear too, it's not new hat.

and Mihe doing his pose next to a completely dejected ChrisG was chock full of assholery.

Again, don't mean to threadcrap on an awesome tourney thread, but if Kusoru never comes here again it won't be a very big deal to me.

Scumbag Stream Monster:
Gets mad about someone actually winning a tournament and not popping off
"I DON'T WANT TO SEE THEM ANYMORE QQ"

Side note: Justin needs to level up hella fast, was weird to not see him on finals. When the dude plays it looks like mere mortals are trying to against a Terminator. :3

LProtag

When you're on the losing end, the line is very blurry.

I compare it to baseball. When guys hit home runs, they typically run around the bases stone-faced and stoic. Showing any kind of excitement over what you did is usually considered "showing up" the pitcher, who is already salty over giving up a bomb.

It's the same thing. The pitcher knows you're just excited you hit one. But he doesn't want to see it because you knocked it off him.

Maybe I've just got a different mentality because I've never been in a tournament where there's money on the line, but it's a game, and in the end you should be playing to have fun. The money is a nice bonus.

Neki

to be fair chris g is always dejected so that wasn't an issue.

sleepykyo

Is this ironic? Because I thought Kusoru and Mihe's "trolling" was pretty light-hearted and harmless. It was goofy and done without malicious intent. Similar to Tokido's. It's a different type of humour though. The closest style of "trolling" from a US player is Juicebox doing his ultras choregraphy.

On the other hand, I think the usual pop off we see in the US FGC is much more disrespectful. Noel Brown standing up and shouting whatever at his opponents, PR Balrog dry humping Mihe or trashtalking Krone, Viscant telling PR Balrog he was lucky. That kind of stuff looks pretty serious and vindicative.

That's why I like players like Justing Wong, Combofiend, Ricky Ortiz, Marlinpie or Dieminion, get hype but don't get overly salty with your reactions.
Justin Wong is one of the biggest instigators. The pdp stuff with Marn and PL was truly a sight to behold.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
haha is he too scare to come over because people will break his tech and expose him as a one trick pony?

Critical sodium levels detected.

Hasn't "paid his dues"?

The fuck is that supposed to mean? This isn't some sports entertainment BS where the matches are pre-determined and you have to job for five years until the boss decides you get a title shot. He came over here and beat top player after top player after top player to win a major. This obviously isn't his first time playing Marvel; he's not less of a player because he's not on Big Two or WNF every week.

Riposte

Kusoru stuff sounds silly to me. Was it him really be intimidated by money matches or were people that bad to him? I have a hard time believing the latter.

Top Bottom