• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Round XVII - 2014 Fighting Game Tournament - March 14th - 16th

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
While I'm here I just want to re-post this combo:
http://www.twitch.tv/sixfortyfive/b/511523606?t=284m7s

Time to get another 3 hours of sleep.

Holy shit.

And I don't throw those out just like that for no reason.

Cloud is best Dante, fucking ridiculous combo.

Things like this is why love Marvel out of all of the current fighters out by far, and why I love to see new blood on the come-up. Don't complain, step your game up - the game is still untapped after all these years.

2an4d.png

I dint play marvel. Can someone explain why one would use UF and UB buttons? Where does it help? How is it different from buffering a F into an UF with a Hitbox?

He can make v2.0. Three buttons mapped. F, UP, B. Hit's two buttons for the same effect. In fact I hope he modded it and trained himself last night.

I dint play marvel. Can someone explain why one would use UF and UB buttons? Where does it help? How is it different from buffering a F into an UF with a Hitbox?
Qcf to uf isn't that hard imo, but qcb to uf can be pretty tricky.

At least for me, the majority of the work is in the left hand. Mapping directionals to right hand offloads some of that to make for a more equal distribution.

I don't think it's much better than a hitbox if even better at all. The only difference is that no one's beaten fchamp with a hitbox (afaik).

Also, imo it's pointless to ban diagonals to buttons. It should either be all directions or none at all. As people pointed put, (uf) + (a) isn't much of a stretch to (u) + (f) + (a).

I think for pads, there's an interesting dynamic for macros because the number of buttons is limited. Perhaps a rule where sticks can have no more than 8 face buttons? So to have u, f, b, he'd have to sacrifice an input.

Qcf to uf isn't that hard imo, but qcb to uf can be pretty tricky.

At least for me, the majority of the work is in the left hand. Mapping directionals to right hand offloads some of that to make for a more equal distribution.

I don't think it's much better than a hitbox if even better at all. The only difference is that no one's beaten fchamp with a hitbox (afaik).

Dragon punch, then up-forward is kinda tricky as well.

MrDaravon

I'm so salty that I was the first to post the salty Neo tweet last night in here right before going to bed and then missed ten pages of drama lol.

I think it's pretty clear that having a stick that allows one button to do two separate inputs that the game doesn't support in-game shouldn't be allowed. Also I doubt FS plays any of these guys on a regular basis so no one probably knew. That said, this blew up to ridiculous levels because as usual certain people in the FGC are goddamn children. I was going to say that the right call would be to ban use of it today, but as MrWizard pointed out on the FR site there unbelievably is no actual rule against this like what Evo has, so with that being the case it should be allowed. It's still going to make finals today really odd though unless FS goes 0-2.

Holy fucking shit. The look on fchamp's face lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Any ETA on when Marvel is coming on?

Is there a way to watch SSF4 Top 64 to Top 16 that happened yesterday supposedly at 6:00PM ?
I checked Youtube and nada :/

Anything on CapcomFighters is locked for subscribers-only for the archives, so you'll have to wait till after the tournament when they upload the matches on Youtube.

Top Bottom