• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Trailer for Twisted Metal TV Show is here

Draugoth

Gold Member

Synopsis: Twisted Metal, a half-hour live-action TV series based on the classic PlayStation game series, is a high-octane action comedy, based on an original take by Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick and written by Michael Jonathan Smith, about a motor-mouthed outsider offered a chance at a better life, but only if he can successfully deliver a mysterious package across a post-apocalyptic wasteland. With the help of a badass axe-wielding car thief, he’ll face savage marauders driving vehicles of destruction and other dangers of the open road, including a deranged clown who drives an all too familiar ice cream truck.

Twisted Metal is streaming July 27th on Peacock: https://pck.tv/41KNrMP

Last edited:
If they’re going to decide to have fun with things and not care too much about the darker side of the lore, then that’s how I’m going to go into watching this show. Anthony Mackie looks like he’s having a good, goofy time on screen. This won’t be faithful twisted metal, but hopefully it’s entertaining.

Someone confirmed the vehicle/character sightings in the YouTube comments:

Confirmed so far:
Outlaw
Thumper
Warthog
Twister
Roadkill*
Darkside
And of course Sweet Tooth

*=Roadkill might end up being someone else, but it looked a lot like roadkill from the tiny second they saw.

My guess for easy car predictions, we will also see:

Spectre
Drag Queen
Brimstone
Firestarter
Reaper
Grasshopper
Trapper
Vermin

I don’t know how they’ll pull off the bigger and crazier vehicles. Hopefully they’re saving Axel as a surprise for the show.

Last edited:
Would've preferred the more grindhouse angle of Black, but this goofy outlook at least seems like it'll have some fun vehicular combat. Maybe I'll give it a few episodes

Banned
james franco wtf GIF

It's too goofy. It should be more dark and violent.
Yeah, going for the general depressive tone of Twisted Metal: Black would've been amazing.
I think there's two ways people remember Twisted Metal. Some remember it as an over the top dumb, fun, and crazy arena car shooter with couch multiplayer, and others remember it as more of a serious, dark and depressive story with cars.

I have to admit that for the longest time, until I replayed TM: Black, I thought of it as the former. So I can see why it would be approached that way.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
It's nice TV is finally back to doing something for teens. After years of grown-up shit, this looks like fun for the youth.

I think there's two ways people remember Twisted Metal. Some remember it as an over the top dumb, fun, and crazy arena car shooter with couch multiplayer, and others remember it as more of a serious, dark and depressive story with cars.

I have to admit that for the longest time, until I replayed TM: Black, I thought of it as the former. So I can see why it would be approached that way.
The Darker Twisted Metal is when the series fell off.

Kids loved the original series.

First half of the video represents the goofy over the top vibe that show goes for. The second half is the failure some of these peeps want.

TexMex

Unwatchable. Sure it’s better than the last as others have said but so what? That’s a hilariously low bar. Can’t imagine spending time watching this.

gothmog

Gold Member
I thought it looked fun. I can tell you this trailer took me from not watching it ever to probably check out the first few episodes when released.

bitbydeath

It's too goofy. It should be more dark and violent. And where is the awesome metal music the games were known for??
They already made a show like that and I think I was one of only a few watching it because it didn’t last past one season despite being amazing.

ElRenoRaven

That actually made it look worse than the teaser trailer did. Such a shame because this could have been great. Instead it's gonna be Halo on paramount levels bad.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Well, that is certainly…. Something? Maybe?

I like Anthony Mackie but not like this…. Neve Campbell still got it though

That actually made it look worse than the teaser trailer did. Such a shame because this could have been great. Instead it's gonna be Halo on paramount levels bad.
That would require them to only have Sweet Tooth be Sweet Tooth in episode 1 and then suddenly he takes off his mask, falls in love, and gives up car combat until the final episode.

I skip everything that has Anthony in it. He's so insufferable. He always looks condescending.
Based off of his typecast in movies he can give off that feeling, but from interviews he seems about as 'no bullshit' and open as someone like Samuel Jackson. He was literally one of the few actors to call out how movies are being neutered and made family friendly for Chinese audiences at a comic con interview, amongst some of the other things he's said and criticized about Hollywood over the years. I'm honestly surprised how he hasn't been hit with a stray bullet(slandering hit piece) by journalists. I guess he plays it smart by mixing real talking points with light humor and charisma.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
That would require them to only have Sweet Tooth be Sweet Tooth in episode 1 and then suddenly he takes off his mask, falls in love, and gives up car combat until the final episode.

Based off of his typecast in movies he can give off that feeling, but from interviews he seems about as 'no bullshit' and open as someone like Samuel Jackson. He was literally one of the few actors to call out how movies are being neutered and made family friendly for Chinese audiences at a comic con interview, amongst some of the other things he's said and criticized about Hollywood over the years. I'm honestly surprised how he hasn't been hit with a stray bullet(slandering hit piece) by journalists. I guess he plays it smart by mixing real talking points with light humor and charisma.

Nah my memory of him is forever stained for that absolute dog shit second season of Altered Carbon. What an amazing show the 1st season was and then just ugh....didnt help either when he appeared in that Black Mirror episode which was.....fucking....weird. Captain America is fucked for me. Oh well.

Nah my memory of him is forever stained for that absolute dog shit second season of Altered Carbon. What an amazing show the 1st season was and then just ugh....didnt help either when he appeared in that Black Mirror episode which was.....fucking....weird. Captain America is fucked for me. Oh well.
So it’s another case of bad writers and production making an actor take all of the blame for bad writing and production.

Top Bottom