• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Trailer for Twisted Metal TV Show is here

I mean sure, Netflix does ruin most things post-season 1, but his acting didn't help either.
I’ve seen him do more emotional rolls in not so known films, but as I’ve said earlier, unfortunately he keeps being typecast in larger rolls as ‘stern and condescending action man’.

That’s why I’m glad they’re not quite going that route with this new Twisted Metal. It would be boring if he acted yet again like Cap or Kovacs.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The thought of Twisted Metal TV series is bad idea, so I’m going to give credit to whomever is behind this.

Could’ve been a lot worse.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Twisted Metal show is actually getting decent reviews. Color me shocked

Reviews are almost as good as the Halo show:

53072370027_d236efd028.jpg

53073141209_363f29a2d0.jpg

Varteras

Gold Member
I actually this looks alright

Some of Mackie's lines in that trailer just fall flat. Like at the very end. The DMV line. "Cool. Screams". Why not go with, "Well, at least the DMV hasn't changed"? I'm not even suggesting that's a good line. But it would have made me laugh. Of course, these are all cuts and there could be more context or not even the actual chronology of events. Just judging by what we saw.

Reviews are almost as good as the Halo show:

53072370027_d236efd028.jpg

53073141209_363f29a2d0.jpg
Twisted Metal is a much more difficult world to translate compared to Halo. A lot of critics just won't like the tone, violence, and humor it is going for. Which is why I am shocked it is getting decent reviews at all. Halo was/is trying to be a big budgeted prestige television show. It mostly just sucks because of how unfaithful it is to its source material. But I can understand critics liking it enough because of its production values, Twisted Metal looks like a low budget series you would see on the SyFy network. Cool that Anthony Mackie seemingly helps elevate the material and production concerns

Last edited:

solidus12

I was expecting nothing from this show, but man I gotta say it’s really funny. I have watched 6 episodes so far and I’m loving it.

It’s better than Tlou for me.

MiguelItUp

Another buddy of mine is really picky about shows and binged it. He had really good things to say, so now I'm super curious and plan on watching it. 👀

Billbofet

My college roommate was in town for the weekend, so we binged this show at one point. We played the original Twisted Metal and TM2 so much, this was a treat for us.
It's just the right amount of camp and gore with most of the jokes landing for us.
What we could not get over is how the hell this ever got made. This is like a decade after the last TM game - which didn't really do well - and the humor is straight out of the 90's.
Super happy it exists, glad to see it was a success for Peacock and there is a season 2 confirmed, but its existence feels like a real anomaly.
There were some pacing issues here and there, but with how it all ended and with what it promises in the next season, I am thrilled!!!!

unclbenn

The first episode is so cheesy but it just get better and better every episode. They did a great job turning this game into a tv show and the cheesy love story is well realized.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I bet still going to be better than One Piece live action. There are just IPS just don’t fit being live action.

Top Bottom