• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Finished] Heavyweight Champion Andy Ruiz vs. Anthony Joshua 2

Who's your pick to win the rematch?

• Andy Ruiz (Decision)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andy Ruiz (KO or TKO)

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Anthony Joshua (Decision)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Anthony Joshua (KO or TKO)

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
maxresdefault.jpg

Andy Ruiz (283.7 lbs) & Anthony Joshua (237 lbs) for the rematch. Very big weight changes from their first fight.

I think round 3 of their first fight was the greatest heavyweight round of all time.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Money is on Ruiz. He has the psychological advantage.

No poll on who is going to win?

Last edited:

MastAndo

I really have no idea how this one will turn out, but I sure am excited. I can see Joshua catching Ruiz early as he did last fight, but this time putting him down for the count...but I can also see Joshua catching another sledgehammer to the temple and losing the battle with his equilibrium again, especially with Ruiz being heavier (i.e. possibly stronger) and Joshua being lighter. On that note, I think it's hilarious that there were countless stories of Ruiz being slimmed down, only to have him come in 15 lbs heavier than last fight. It seems Thanksgiving was good to him.

I think Anthony Joshua returns the favor in the 7th. Andy Ruiz been hittin' the tacos, and empanadas instead of the treadmill.

Last edited:

mekes

I think AJ takes it. Lessons have been learnt. Thats what I’m expecting to see. I was torn for a long time but settled on AJ now.

Also love the fact the main event walkout is expected at 10pm gmt. I can actually enjoy the fight without damaging my health!

Ornlu

Banned
Lol @ that photoshop/airbrushing on Ruiz on that poster. Looks like Nicholas Cage on a straight-to-DVD cover! :messenger_grinning_sweat:

mekes

AJ got a clean knockdown against Ruiz, but Ruiz first knockdown on the top side of AJ’s head seemed to really mess with AJ”s equilibrium. He just weren’t the same after that. AJ tried to finish the fight too early and I don’t think he was expecting Ruiz to literally die on his sword like he did. It just paid off for Ruiz on the night.

There was talk that AJ got knocked out a few weeks prior to the fight but I don’t know if that’s true. Just something I heard on some YouTube video.

Blade2.0

I'm going with unsure because i do believe ruiz didn't train as hard as he should have, but at the same time everyone thought last year he couldn't do it and he did...so...never count his ass out is what i think nowadays.

Ruiz may be heavier but it's possible he just added solid muscle. He still looked terrifyingly fast in his workouts. Let's not forget that he looked like a fat slob in the first fight too. This isn't a Buster Douglas situation.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I root for the snickers destroyer but if joshua take his distances i fear a new change of hands for the title.

Do anyone of you knows when the match is gonna be available in europe? I don't wanna enter on youtube to see a fucking sneakpeak of the final results until sunday morning...

I root for the snickers destroyer but if joshua take his distances i fear a new change of hands for the title.

Do anyone of you knows when the match is gonna be available in europe? I don't wanna enter on youtube to see a fucking sneakpeak of the final results until sunday morning...

Fight should start at midnight here in Riyadh local time, 9pm UK time. Mista lives here in Riyadh. There's 30% discount as of yesterday if you wanna fly down.

Nah I don’t live in Riyadh bro. I live in Al Khobar, on the east side of the country.
My mistake, haven't been to sharqiyah in a while, wanna visit ithra when I pop down next.

Ruiz has been eating since he got to Riyadh, all coverage I've seen of him has Belgian waffles fully loaded either being consumed or on the way.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hmm. Ruiz still finding his range. Cuts on both guys already, hopefully doesn't interfere with the outcome.

Ornlu

Banned
Joshua needs to stop finding himself trapped near the ropes or this isn't gonna go well for him.

TrainedRage

Banned
Ruiz!!!!!! You got this!!!!!

Hope he sticks with those body shots. Fu** these commentators tho wtf?!?

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Joshua's playing a tight defensive game, shutting out Ruiz well so far except for a couple moments in the clinch. Those jabs are going to add up in the later rounds at this rate unless Ruiz makes something big happen per the first fight.

Edit: lol I say that and Joshua starts trading with him in the pocket.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Joshua needs to fight the temptation of breaking out of this gameplan and going for the KO, even though I know that's what he wants, just to prove a point. He already seems to be loosening up and getting cocky in there. He's fought a great fight up to this point.

Ornlu

Banned
Joshua keeps initiating clinches and then the ref keeps bitching at Ruiz for hitting him in the clinch. Has that not happened like a dozen times already, or am I tripping?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Heated up in the 8th. Doesn't look like Joshua is interested in coasting to a UD.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Mm. Ruiz isn't doing anything to close the distance effectively or cut off the ring here.

Top Bottom