• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem 3DS bundle hitting NA

DonMigs85

The XL does have its drawbacks too:
1. Bigger pixels, so blockier/jaggier looking games
2. Some people say it's more prone to 3D crosstalk
3. Looks more toylike, which I guess can be a good or bad thing for you

RPGCrazied

Well, some games can look better on an XL. I only know of one though, RE: Revelations. If you don't use 3D its like it uses some sort of AA. Its pretty bad ass. I wish more 3DS games looked like this game.

VICI0US

Awesome.

another member of the default > XL camp here.

the XL is more ergonomic and I absolutely love the matte finish but I just hate the decreased sound and picture quality. aliasing and low res textures that aren't so apparent on the default unit tend to really show through on the XL. I'm currently in the process of selling my XL off and already transferred everything back to my OoT 3DS.

This FE unit is a damn tempting replacement, though.

Would have been all over this before the XL was announced, but it's still pretty great news! Really, really hope this means that the Animal Crossing XL has a shot at coming out in North America as well.

emb

So glad this made it over.

At the same time though, I didn't drop my launch 3DS for the Zelda design, I'm not going to drop it for this. Or double up. Still waiting for some sort of special edition XL like this. Then I won't really have a choice. D:

Really?

animalcrossing_3ds.jpg

I'm not normally one of the "I can't imagine using that in public" people, but I would feel a bit silly using that one.

it's very doone and burke like or any other purse design out there that uses a similar thing.

Animekatt

I think that's pretty cool of NOA to bring this here. I'm happy with my Pink/white xl, so I won't be getting this. I also still have my OG aqua blue.

Het_Nkik

So I went from deciding to not buy this because of the digital game to buying and just buying the game physically separately. I want it bads.

So I went from deciding to not buy this because of the digital game to buying and just buying the game physically separately. I want it bads.

My plan is to buy the system outright and then trade in my 3DS to at least pay for my physical copy of FE. :p

After my ambassador games are transferred first.

IrishNinja

...it actually made it over here?! NOA, you might not be fucking up so bad in '13, keep at it!
yeah i was sad letting go of my Zelda OG unit, but i can't go back from an XL now. god i wish i could just get a case mod like it or something

Its great to see Fire Emblem get the western publicity it deserves, finally.

also this!

Ponn

Banned
Oh shit, purple 3DS is hard to find but this, this right here looks beautiful. I actually prefer the OG 3DS to the XL because of my hands. Perfect.

Ah, right, there's ALSO the angle this is pre-installed versus a cart. If that bugs you then you may want to stick with the system individually. Or if there's a minimal markup go crazy and buy separately too, whatever.

I'll be getting this and getting a physical copy if it goes on sale/price drop.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Have you played Advance Wars? It's exactly like that, only it's an RPG, so there are no expendable units, and each unit has a name and a face and a family to feed and you can't just pump them out of a factory. And it's easier than Advance Wars in my opinion because of the RPG format.

So but I played something similar to advance warts on the internet

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Alright, I just saw people's answers to my question but I have a question.

I want to know pro and con between 3DS vs 3DS XL. No biased answer please. I'm debating on which version I should pick up.

DonMigs85

I want to know pro and con between 3DS vs 3DS XL. No biased answer please. I'm debating on which version I should pick up.

The best way to decide is to actually hold and play them yourself, but try reading reviews from various tech sites

Hale-XF11

Damn, that looks pretty sexy. If I had money to throw around, I'd be all over it.

I'd highly recommend finding a store that has one on display so you can see for yourself if you like the XL or not. I tried it and found that it wasn't for me, so I'm sticking with my original.

I played 3DSXL and I think other than the big screens the circle pad is better than my og 3ds thats the only reason I want one really.

What size gloves do you wear? It's a comfort thing as well, if you glove size is large or more, than likely holding onto the 3DS to long will hurt; my hand hurt less after getting and playing on the XL compared to the original.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
fuck, I loved that design since they unveiled it. Thank god it's a regular 3DS so I don't have to cry much over a lack of European rd

This thing is very, very pretty, but I'm perfectly happy with my Blue/Black XL.

With that being said, when they release an XL Pokemon X/Y bundle, that might be hard to pass up.

So nothing in GS computers today, but they said to check back tomorrow, Saturday or Monday so I'll probably do that.

Regardless, bundle will be mine.

Codeblue

Man, I'd be all over that if it were an XL.

I don't know about picking up another OG model, especially since I probably won't get much over $100 for my launch unit and the game is digital instead of boxed. Guess it comes down to price and if anyone is running any specials.

Buyer's remorse +++1

Pains me so much to see 3DS XL and this beauty out.

I wish I waited as I cant stand not having the latest and greatest.

Top Bottom