• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem 3DS bundle hitting NA

Yawnier

Banned
So that picture is misleading?

If you are talking about the picture on the second page and not the one in the original post, then yes.

For whatever reason, Nintendo showed off the 3DS XL's screens and interface for that one promo shot in particular and not the regular 3DS. Like I just said, for what whatever reason I have no clue why they did that.

Probably just advertising a game, using the XL and "Also available! A regular 3DS with Fire Emblem on it!" It's not a huge deal but it is a bit misleading.

And we would want an OG 3DS... Why again?
I hate the jaggie pixels on the XL
I hate the regressed design scheme of the XL
I hate the 3D on the XL
I hate the colors of the US XL
The already bad camera looks worse on the XL

I like the feel of the XL, but I never had any issues with the vanilla one to begin with.

No reason for me to get an XL, personally.

I hate the 3D on the XL

I like the feel of the XL, but I never had any issues with the vanilla one to begin with.

This is exactly how i feel. I think the image quality on the XL is terrible.

Trike

Damn, would have bitten if it was an XL. Looks awesome though, really tempting.

Also I briefly messed around with an XL at Target recently, I thought it looked much better. Do some games look like ass?

I hate the 3D on the XL

This is the biggest problem I have with the XL, and is the reason I never turn it on anymore

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'm doubtfull right now...as a PAL 3DS owner, I could dig to purchase another 3DS if it's a US one and probably an XL one, for a limited edition of Fire Emblem...but I'm not sure...

Westraid

Please let this come to EU as well. I don't care if it's not XL. Actually, I prefer it not to be XL. I would so buy this in a heartbeat, the design is so neat.

AniHawk

as a fire emblem fan i really want this because i don't think we'll see anything like this again.

as a money fan, my wallet isn't too thrilled and reminds me about other things i could blow $250 on.

Jintor

as a fire emblem fan i really want this because i don't think we'll see anything like this again.

as a money fan, my wallet isn't too thrilled and reminds me about other things i could blow $250 on.

Sir, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Eusis

Yeah, admittedly I'm not much of an FE fan, but it's a color I like, a decal I actually like, and a game I want to play, but it's hard to rationalize when I already have a small 3DS (I could trade that in, but it'd just be $70) and an XL.
Its only $170 tho :O
Has that been confirmed? It wasn't even in the system when I called GameStop about the 3DS value. Point still stands though, even with a trade in that'd be $100 to have the new system and a digital copy of the game, versus just going with $40 for a physical copy.

... And it'd be especially bad if they actually revised the small 3DS to have things like start/select/home buttons that weren't trash.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
At this point, I could even think the West could get one of the Monster Hunter 3G bundles too: the white one with decals or the black with the game preinstalled.

nickcv

I liked it better on the OG 3DS as well.

I like everything else about the XL better though, especially dat matte finish

why do you prefer it on the OG?

i tried the XL just for about 10 minutes at a local gamestop, and i really loved the 3D effect, it felt like the sweet spot was bigger

Lum1n3s

So many people wishing it was an XL beejeezus. Guess I was the only one who liked the OG one. Anyways I welcome this 3DS and I can't wait to get it. When does it come out?

m0t0k1

So many people wishing it was an XL beejeezus. Guess I was the only one who liked the OG one. Anyways I welcome this 3DS and I can't wait to get it. When does it come out?

Nope i prefer the OG too in about every single way for my lifestyle. I prefer portability over big at this moment. that said i also like the XL and i probably will buy a XL down the line for comfy couch play. I hope they gonna release this special edition in Europe too. Be it with an OG or a XL.

Chrom

As far as I can tell, the only notable thing that should be different between this bundle and the original Japanese one that hasn't been pointed out already is that this one doesn't seem to come with a pre-paid eShop card.

onilink88

By far the most visually appealing limited edition handheld out there. Don't give two fucks if it's the original 3DS or not; will buy two.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Looking at dutchcharts site, there seems to be the European release date: April, 4th. It's an article / PR where DLC's distribution is addressed, they even say something about 6 million units sold by the brand in total.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nope i prefer the OG too in about every single way for my lifestyle. I prefer portability over big at this moment. that said i also like the XL and i probably will buy a XL down the line for comfy couch play. I hope they gonna release this special edition in Europe too. Be it with an OG or a XL.

You make it sound like the XL is really that much bigger than the original. Enjoy your scratched top screen, I guess!

That...ah...that right there is a GOOD looking 3DS. If I weren't saving to build a new PC, I'd buy it.

Shit I might just go ahead and do it anyway.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
It's the same unit we all lamented would never come here when the JP bundle was revealed. The unimaginable happens and we're actually going to get it, and now it's nothing but XL whining.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Bleh, all this discussion has led me to the decision of picking this up if I get the chance, then getting the AC XL if it hits stateside. My wallet is shunning me.

guek

Banned
Sole reason I'd want an XL over the original 3DS is because of battery life. I don't really want to get an ugly nyko power pack either.

How has the battery been for most people with the og 3DS? As short as it sounds or long enough to get the job done?

Top Bottom