• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem 3DS bundle hitting NA

Sandfox

I just noticed that the Japanese 3DS Bundle also included a ¥1000 eshop card as well =O

I'm not in the wrong to think Nintendo of America would not included a $10 eshop card, am I?

FE was the first Nintendo game to have DLC and they probably did that to encourage downloads so I can see them not doing that here.

If I buy this what are all the fire emblem games I could play? I haven't been in the handheld realm since GBA so I would like to catch up on all the fire Emblem. So one of you experts enlighten me please.

Chrom

I just noticed that the Japanese 3DS Bundle also included a ¥1000 eshop card as well =O

I'm not in the wrong to think Nintendo of America would not included a $10 eshop card, am I?

Nothing's really confirmed but I honestly doubt that they would include a card at this point. We'll see.

If I buy this what are all the fire emblem games I could play? I haven't been in the handheld realm since GBA so I would like to catch up on all the fire Emblem. So one of you experts enlighten me please.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is the only other Fire Emblem game you could play on this 3DS aside from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, which is exclusive to 3DS Ambassadors.

Don't play Shadow Dragon.

Nothing's really confirmed but I honestly doubt that they would include a card at this point. We'll see.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is the only other Fire Emblem game you could play on this 3DS aside from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, which is exclusive to 3DS Ambassadors.

Don't play Shadow Dragon.

what is 3DS ambassador?

and that is disappointing....

what is 3DS ambassador?

Basically 20 free games given to people who brought the 3DS before its huge price drop.

If you're willing to could hunt down Path of Radiance the GameCube title, can play it on Wii assuming you have one with GC ports. Path of Radiance is where I started. Would say you can get the Wii title Dawn of Radiance but it's a much harder game to get into, even for those that normally play Fire Emblem.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Radiant Dawn wouldn't be that bad of a starting point if it's played on Easy. But playing Path of Radiance first is definitely best if possible.

Chrom

what is 3DS ambassador?

When Nintendo originally released the 3DS back in 2011, it costed $250. Sales were slumping to Nintendo's dismay, and only after a few months after launch, the 3DS would receive a major price cut to $170. As compensation to those who bought the 3DS early, Nintendo gave away 10 NES and 10 GBA Virtual Console games for these people and their 3DS, who Nintendo would call 3DS Ambassadors. Among the 10 free GBA games that Nintendo offered, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones was one of them. Due to how the 3DS works, the only way for a non-Ambassador 3DS to be able to play these games (the GBA ones, anyway) would be through the utilization of the System Transfer tool, which moves over all of a host 3DS system's data to a recipient 3DS.

When Nintendo originally released the 3DS back in 2011, it costed $250. Sales were slumping to Nintendo's dismay, and only after a few months after launch, the 3DS would receive a major price cut to $170. As compensation to those who bought the 3DS early, Nintendo gave away 10 NES and 10 GBA Virtual Console games for these people and their 3DS, who Nintendo would call 3DS Ambassadors. Among the 10 free GBA games that Nintendo offered, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones was one of them. Due to how the 3DS works, the only way for a non-Ambassador 3DS to be able to play these games (the GBA ones, anyway) would be through the utilization of the System Transfer tool, which moves over all of a host 3DS system's data to a recipient 3DS.

why not just release the games for sale on the Nintendo digital store that seems insane....I actually played the 2 on Wii (well GameCube one and the Wii one) it is the hand held one's since G A that I have missed. Sounds like one was pretty lack luster though?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
why not just release the games for sale on the Nintendo digital store that seems insane....I actually played the 2 on Wii (well GameCube one and the Wii one) it is the hand held one's since G A that I have missed. Sounds like one was pretty lack luster though?

The first localized game (FE7/Blazing Sword/just "Fire Emblem") is great and definitely worth playing. Sacred Stones is good too, but not as good as the previous game or the GCN and Wii games.

Shadow Dragon is the only localized one I'd say pass on.

Chrom

Any pictures of the artbook that GS has for preorders? Just wondering if its going to be hard back or how many pages.

Right now we only have official images that were posted up by Nintendo and GameStop.

4YDCR.jpg

artbook.png

We don't have answers to either of those questions yet.

Eusis

I'm expecting it to be like Xenoblade's, which is practically a postcard collection.

It would be nice if they went further though, especially if they could reach further and get stuff like Kinu Nishimura's art there.

EDIT: Yeah, looks like another "postcard collection".

Eusis

It'd be better to hope Udon or Dark Horse gets a book brought over here honestly, they'll always want to put way more into something you're going to buy.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I really wouldn't mind postcard quality since The Knights of Iris (understandably) wasn't.
Either way it's free so I won't complain.

Chrom

image.php

Your avatar really works with your post XD, where's it from would like to see the other characters' versions.

It's fan art of Lissa from Fire Emblem Awakening that I found on Pixiv, I believe. I'm not sure if the artist made more for the other characters though.

MarkusRJR

I've actually changed my mind on this. I might pick this up as it looks really nice. I'm probably going to regret it once a Pokemon bundle comes out but god damn it looks so pretty.

why do you prefer it on the OG?

i tried the XL just for about 10 minutes at a local gamestop, and i really loved the 3D effect, it felt like the sweet spot was bigger
The 3D on the XL is worse for multiple reasons. It has the same viewing angles for 3D but instead of having a point where it just loses 3D and looks messed up, there's a gradual darkening on the edges of the screen while you're still in the sweet spot as you move within the working viewing angle (if that makes sense). This isn't on the original 3DS and is really distracting. Also the cross talk is way more apparent on the XL. It's actually really distracting on the XL where on the 3DS it isn't nearly as bad. Using 3D in LoZ: OoT is just flat out bad on the XL, where I can stand it much better on the normal 3DS.

Other than the worse 3D, the XL is infintely better than the normal 3DS. It's much more comfortable, the screen isn't reflective, and the matte finish is lovely. But as someone who uses 3D on every game, I'm waiting for the normal sized 3DS revision as it'll probably have better 3D than the XL.

Chrom

That's okay. Looks like the characters will have some sort of bios, and concepts. I wonder if it will have all the characters.

Yeah, that's what I'm guessing too. I want to think that it'd include all of the characters, but I really wonder if they'd go as far as showing off that character, given that the book is supposed to be given to you before you even play the game. It doesn't make sense to me to spoil something huge like that in a pre-order artbook.

illadelph

Still waiting on a special XL bundle. I really want a 3DS and I would be ALL OVER THIS if it was an XL

Maybe we'll get the Animal Crossing one...

EDIT: On second thought, I might just bite on this. I don't know. Depends on the price I suppose. No physical game in the box hurts it.

Chrom

I find that frightening considering Ike's dlc artwork exist.

Haha, Ike's is in fact my least favorite one period. Either his or Micaiah's. Est's art is more something that I can't really say I'm as fond of as the next guy, but in no way can I say it's bad. It just doesn't click with me I guess, as opposed to all of the others ones which I find pretty decent at the very least.

Magnus

Huh...so they're still producing the non-XL model? Why did I think each new DS (and now 3DS) model meant the old one was ceasing production?

Chrom

Huh...so they're still producing the non-XL model? Why did I think each new DS (and now 3DS) model meant the old one was ceasing production?

This is an edition of the 3DS that was originally released last year in Japan, before the XL was even announced, and Nintendo of America is finally bringing it over. Both the 3DS and 3DS XL are supposed to coexist, if you will. Heck, Nintendo still released new colors last year for the regular DSi, so it's the same thing with that and the DSi XL as well.

Eusis

This is an edition of the 3DS that was originally released last year in Japan, before the XL was even announced, and Nintendo of America is finally bringing it over. Both the 3DS and 3DS XL are supposed to coexist, if you will. Heck, Nintendo still released new colors last year for the regular DSi, so it's the same thing with that and the DSi XL as well.
As highlighted they don't actually kill off the old units, not for awhile anyway. ESPECIALLY when it's due to a huge size difference: DSi kicked around while the DSi XL was being sold (and may've outlasted the XL), and same thing here. If anything I'd sooner expect a 3DS update that incorporated XL touches to it, like the normal buttons and matte texture.

Zolf

Really tempted to pick this up when it's available, I don't have a 3DS and this is like the one game I would want to play on it. Is the XL that much better?

M-PG71C

My launch 3DS is good enough, as big as a FE fan as I am. I do have the game on pre-order day one and will likely purchase every single DLC that comes out for it. I'm a sucker.

A PR email from a banned site XD, I've bolded parts as well
PR email said:
When Fire Emblem Awakening launches on Feb. 4, it will arrive with a special version of the Nintendo 3DS hardware. The beautiful blue system is emblazoned with stylish Fire Emblem artwork, has the game pre-installed on the hardware and comes packaged with a 4GB SD memory card. It will be available at a suggested retail price of $199.99, a great value for fans of the series.

Fire Emblem Awakening is the first entry in the fantasy turn-based strategy series on Nintendo 3DS. It tells the story of Lord Chrom and his growing army of companions as they band together to save the world from a rising evil. Fire Emblem Awakening features a gorgeous art style and voice acting, plus an epic storyline with a massive lineup of memorable characters with unique personalities. As with past entries in the series, every decision the player makes is vital, as characters lost in battle are gone forever. A demo of Fire Emblem Awakening will be available in the Nintendo eShop on Jan. 17.

Starting on launch day, additional maps will be available to purchase and download. The first downloadable map will be free for a limited time and will be followed by additional maps on a weekly basis. Players with a copy of Fire Emblem Awakening and a broadband Internet connection will be able to access the downloadable content through the in-game world map.

For more information about Fire Emblem Awakening, visit http://fireemblem.nintendo.com.
Mwhahaaha at bottom post =P

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
When Fire Emblem Awakening launches on Feb. 4, it will arrive with a special version of the Nintendo 3DS hardware. The beautiful blue system is emblazoned with stylish Fire Emblem artwork, has the game pre-installed on the hardware and comes packaged with a 4GB SD memory card. It will be available at a suggested retail price of $199.99, a great value for fans of the series.

Fire Emblem Awakening is the first entry in the fantasy turn-based strategy series on Nintendo 3DS. It tells the story of Lord Chrom and his growing army of companions as they band together to save the world from a rising evil. Fire Emblem Awakening features a gorgeous art style and voice acting, plus an epic storyline with a massive lineup of memorable characters with unique personalities. As with past entries in the series, every decision the player makes is vital, as characters lost in battle are gone forever. A demo of Fire Emblem Awakening will be available in the Nintendo eShop on Jan. 17.

Starting on launch day, additional maps will be available to purchase and download. The first downloadable map will be free for a limited time and will be followed by additional maps on a weekly basis. Players with a copy of Fire Emblem Awakening and a broadband Internet connection will be able to access the downloadable content through the in-game world map.

For more information about Fire Emblem Awakening, visit http://fireemblem.nintendo.com.

DR2K

Banned
$199.99, eh. I mean it will be a LE so it'll probably pay for itself double if you wanted to sell it.

Wasn't really a fan of the DS XL (I know, the horror.) so I wasn't really looking to get a 3DS XL. Told myself last year when I saw the Japanese bundle that if it was brought stateside it would be mine.

It had better be $169.99 since NoA is being cheap and not including the physical card like in the Japanese bundle. Still, can't wait and will be dropping a pre-order soon as the stores are announced and they start accepting.

Nah, the Mario Kart XL bundle was about $200, so I can't imagine this non-XL bundle being anywhere close to that.

fake edit: what

Top Bottom