• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Direct - January 18th, 4PM CST (Japan confirmed, FE Mobile unveiling)

Neoxon

We'll probably get Corrin amiibo.
Hopefully female is the default.
The Corrin Amiibo is gonna be Smash-based, so we'll likely get Male Corrin as the default. Of course, we could very well get both (I recall there being a listing for an unspecified Amiibo two-pack) if Nintendo intends on selling alternate variants of existing Amiibos.

That said, don't expect any Corrin Amiibo news until Smash 4 Switch is revealed.

hatchx

Banned
Are people doubting they'll show FE:Warriors? The trailer on Jan.12th seemed intentionally short.

I'm pretty excited. I watched the teaser again pretty closely, and the graphics of the hand grabbing the sword already looked a notch above Hyrule Warriors. More details and geometry on the clothing, as well as a slightly cel-shaded look.
QzqRWIN.png

The rock texture on the background looks to be pretty good with maybe some bump mapping?

Am I....reading too much into this? [breathes heavily]

Are people doubting they'll show FE:Warriors? The trailer on Jan.12th seemed intentionally short.

I'm pretty excited. I watched the teaser again pretty closely, and the graphics of the hand grabbing the sword already looked a notch above Hyrule Warriors. More details and geometry on the clothing, as well as a slightly cel-shaded look.

The rock texture on the background looks to be pretty good with maybe some bump mapping?

No, my thoughts exactly.

I think it wasn't unveiled on purpouse to pack in all the Fire Emblem info (mobile, Switch, maybe 3DS) they got in one Direct.

My prediction:

- FE Warriors CGI trailer with a 2018 release date.
- FE mobile F2P similar to the Netmarble Game that copies Clash Royale with premium heroes from the series. It's the copy of a copy.
- Meltdowns all over the place the one hour after the Direct.
- GAF discusses on the next 3 days about how Nintendo ruined the series.

Ninjimbo

I hope you're right. It felt like they had more to tease when I saw that trailer.

Busaiku

I doubt that was in-game.

Hyrule Warriors was was released 8 months after it was announced so I could it being released this year. Maybe August or October.

As for upcoming titles? Wonder if it's Warriors and mobile. Or a tease for 15

darklin0

Banned
Bring on the Gacha!

I have insane luck with that type of mobile game. Yolo rolls for life and I always end up with the good stuff.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I just don't know if I can do it if FE Mobile is gacha. I might have to quit before I even start.

Would be a big cash cow for Nintendo though.

Some Nobody

I feel like "for Switch" and "for 3DS" are pretty hard to get mixed up, so that FE Switch port is likely.

I'm not sure how I feel about that yet, though. I also still want a remake of 4+5, since those never came Stateside.

And there we have it. Pretty much everything FE is going to show at this direct.

Going to be really interesting to see what the mobile game turns out like...

If it makes anyone feel better. Hyrule Warriors was never delayed.

Didn't expect the First Direct after Switch to be Fire Emblem specific.

Busaiku

Fire Emblem Warriors isn't listed as 2017 outside of the trailer description.
Japan has nothing on the game's release.

It was probably a mistake.

I feel like "for Switch" and "for 3DS" are pretty hard to get mixed up, so that FE Switch port is likely.

I'm not sure how I feel about that yet, though. I also still want a remake of 4+5, since those never came Stateside.

but it's easy when you're careless in renaming stuff from webpage template lol

JCX

For such a big series now, I am surprised that there have not been more remakes/localizations of the older games. I'd love a collection of SNES games, or a Radiant HD collection.

Busaiku

but it's easy when you're careless in renaming stuff from webpage template lol
If it's called Fire Emblem Fates Revelation, it would stand out, since none of the physical versions bear that name, and you can't get the game without owning one of the other versions anyways.

L95

Several of Nintendo's pages say that in the source, so I'm pretty sure it's an error

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Some of y'all have waaayy to much time on your hands to be rerolling in all of these gacha games every other week when a new one drops. Lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Can they mod Smash Bros Wii U's Coliseum so that Chrom appears dead on the ground if Robin is not in play?

Draxal

Samto the characater ? Why him

Oh Samto's just a ghetto Navarre-Nabarl (fuck i hate that name), I meant a phony Ike.

Unlikely. Nintendo is too tough with licensing for that sort of deal to work out well for TV anime. Unless you mean like shorts or a special or whatever.

Well we just got a Leo(n) from IF/Fates manga coming out this month, but it is still insanely unlikely.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Crazy how FE went from almost dead to million seller and system seller.

This is already more exciting than the Switch reveal itself.

It's pretty clear by this point that Advance Wars could be successful as well (if turned into waifu simulator).

Top Bottom