• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Direct - January 18th, 4PM CST (Japan confirmed, FE Mobile unveiling)

It'd be rather bizarre if they had a teaser for a proper new FE ready, but decided against showing it at the Switch event.

Well, except if it isn't a Switch game, I guess.
That's Nintendo though. Also, it won't come until next year so they have plenty of time to promote it in the future. I can see them announcing a brand new FE game for Switch and maybe showing a picture or just showing "FE Switch 2018".

Golnei

Series always had 'waifus'/supports.

The most likely reason for the series reaching new audiences is the introduction of a TON of QoL features and Casual Mode.

Don't forget coming at a more opportune time in the 3DS's life, not being tied down by being a direct sequel to another installment (or remake of a NES game), having a modern and appealing visual style with decent production values for the hardware and acceptable voice acting; as well as prominently featuring aspects of the series that were well-known among non-series fans from a decade of Smash Bros..

Awakening was much better placed to be the series' major breakout entry point worldwide than any other game in the series for a lot of reasons - but you also can't discount the way waifus further endeared players to the property after everything else helped in getting them through the door. Cultivating a healthy stable of waifus in every mainline entry will also become even more important if they want to make series-wide crossovers like musou games and mobile gacha titles an ongoing success; as well as an ever-growing array of merchandising opportunities.

L95

somehow I kinda wish fe15 is genealogy+thracia remake... but eh low chance of it happening

I always wondered how someone would pull that off, the scale differences between 4 and 5 (and I mean not just in maps, but how the story and cast goes too) are so different... It'd be really interesting.

Unless you mean a 2 for 1 game thing and I'm overthinking it again

hatchx

Banned
Oh my.... but expected.

My predictions:

FE Mobile
Warriors
Revelations Switch
New FE tease
Smash 4 Switch but all characters are now from Fire Emblem
Lucina in Mario Kart 8
FE Clothing for Animal Crossing New Leaf
Marth sword DLC for Breath of the Wild
Donnel amiibo

This is pretty realistic.

I also think there's a good chance the new FE will give Switch a hardware boost to 3Tflops and 8GB of ram.

I always wondered how someone would pull that off, the scale differences between 4 and 5 (and I mean not just in maps, but how the story and cast goes too) are so different... It'd be really interesting.

Unless you mean a 2 for 1 game thing and I'm overthinking it again

yeah you're definitely overthinking it :p

Dark_castle

Mobile?

vader.jpg

I agree, if FE15 were ready to be teased I feel like that would have been in the stream announcement with Warriors being announced in the direct.

Though I guess they could say "it exists" and nothing else... but eh.

I'd honestly just expect some like 20 second "now in development" thing, with a promises of more details in the future.

The Switch event was pretty heavily focused on games coming out this year, aside from the SMT tease which didn't have any sort of date, so I think it makes sense that they didn't talk about it there.

Oh my.... but expected.

My predictions:

FE Mobile
Warriors
Revelations Switch
New FE tease
Smash 4 Switch but all characters are now from Fire Emblem
Lucina in Mario Kart 8
FE Clothing for Animal Crossing New Leaf
Marth sword DLC for Breath of the Wild
Donnel amiibo

GAF gonna GAF.

We'll get 1/4th of that. Mobile, Warriors, and MAYBE a tease for a mainline FE.

Ganondolf

Japan confirmed they're showing the mobile game.

My dream (and staying realistic) Direct would be

-FE mobile
-FE Warriors for fall release
-new console style FE game tease for 2018

yeah, this is my hope too. I'm thinking an September release for FE Warriors (due to Mario and Xenoblade 2 being released at the end of the year).

jonno394

"Upcoming Fire Emblem Games" excites me, really want the Switch port of the 3DS game especially if it comes during the summer to pad out the line up, I'd definitely grab that.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
No need to tease the next mainline game when they are already unveiling 2 new products. Next mainline FE wont be released until 2018 - so at earliest we might get a tease Fall 2017, so around the time when Warriors hit.
"Upcoming Fire Emblem Games" excites me, really want the Switch port of the 3DS game especially if it comes during the summer to pad out the line up, I'd definitely grab that.

Doubt there is an audience for such a product. They are better off working on the next game since it will provide the biggest graphical jump for the mainline series in quite a while.

L95

Oh yeah, I never posted my predictions list:

yes:
Mobile
Warrors

Maybe:
A nice handful of Warrors characters revealed
EDIT: I forgot! FE amiibo of some sort?

Maybe maybe maybe:
FE15 tease

No:
A remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden

Zedark

Shame we know of two games being present already: the warriors game and the mobile game. No guarantee they will show more games, sadly.

Javier

The fact that the Direct is global and focused on upcoming games really puts a roadblock on the last batch of Fates DLC. It really seems we're not getting it at this point.

I think it's possible that we might get a localization of an early title, but not a simple localization, but more of an upgraded version without it being a full remake. Sort of like FE6 getting released on Switch eShop; it still has GBA graphics but they're cleaned to look like later GBA games, sprite animations are better (Characters can blink!), stats are now more balanced (Wendy and Sophia are usable!), Supports no longer take an eternity to build and they can be read on the main menu, and you can use promotion ans stat-up items in the base.

FE Warriors and FE Mobile are pretty much confirmed, so I'm happy I can be excited for those.

joker3782

Neo Member
The main things I want revealed are a new mainline fire emblem game for the switch and the cast of characters (or at a lot of them) thats gonna be in fire emblem warriors.

The fact that the Direct is global and focused on upcoming games really puts a roadblock on the last batch of Fates DLC. It really seems we're not getting it at this point.

I think it's possible that we might get a localization of an early title, but not a simple localization, but more of an upgraded version without it being a full remake. Sort of like FE6 getting released on Switch eShop; it still has GBA graphics but they're cleaned to look like later GBA games, sprite animations are better (Characters can blink!), stats are now more balanced (Wendy and Sophia are usable!), Supports no longer take an eternity to build and they can be read on the main menu, and you can use promotion ans stat-up items in the base.

FE Warriors and FE Mobile are pretty much confirmed, so I'm happy I can be excited for those.

eh. there's always chance of it being announced. even if it's a worldwide direct, it doesn't mean all contents in direct are 100% for all 3 region. just like the previous animal crossing direct, jp ones is different from us/eu

Birathen

I never got around to buying the last de games on 3ds so Im hoping for a switch game of the year bundle :€

They cant really go have directs this Close to switch release and take focus off it can they?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I think warriors will be an early 2018 game

Nah, its developed by KT - they have the formula down and will get it down in time. Xenoblade 2 being delayed to early 2018 is more likely.

Litri

I had completely forgot about this direct. After the blast I had playing the last FE, I'm looking forward to anything but I expect ->

FE Moblie -> Unveiling and release date
FE Warriors -> Doubt anything will come out but who knows

Future of FE franchise... I expect them to have another 3DS installment before it all moves to Switch considering the great sales of previous 3DS FE titles.

Perhaps other surprises.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Sp, let's summarize it a little:

EU confirms "titles", so plural
JP confirms the mobile game being discussed
US confirmed during the Treehouse that Warriors will be (maybe slighlty) covered

is that right?

guek

Banned
The teaser trailer description says holiday 2017 tho

It could be delayed I guess...? (or the description is wrong )

Yeah, the only place that mentioned 2017 was the US trailer description.
I don't see that happening.
I guess it depends on what their E3 slate is. If they really have been able to avoid a major game drought by consolidating home and portable development. If not though I think they'll push it back to pad the schedule. I hope I'm wrong though!

vareon

You'd think Fire Emblem is the perfect gacha-style game (the good ones, like Granblue or Brave Exvius), but Nintendo liked to be....weird in their F2P games.

RedToad64

I'm expecting the mobile title to be a rock-paper-scissors style puzzle game, using the basic Fire Emblem mechanics.

And chibi characters.

jnWake

Awesome!

I'm hype for the mobile game. Super Mario Run is quite polished so I'd expect a quality game for FE too.

If FE Fates for Switch is real then FE15 is probably coming to Switch, not 3DS as some have suggested. It'd be cool to get a teaser, at least to have a glimpse of the art style.

Any other surprises they have coming will be great!

Zedark

US confirmed during the Treehouse that Warriors will be (maybe slighlty) covered

is that right?

Yup, that's what we know atm.

Kouriozan

Fire Emblem Mobile will most probably be Gacha, get ready to reroll!
Kinda want Micaiah even though I know she's not well liked in the FE community.

Platy

is that right?

Yup.
Also rumors that intelligent systems is doing some of switch games...

Top Bottom